Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys (the ones who ordered) keep complaining to her, filling her mail box with complaint e-mails, she might be forced to re-sculpt it. Third times the charm, right? :rolleyes:

I sent her out an e-mail a few days ago about purchasing three painted sculpts and then possibly getting a fourth free! No response whatsoever! I was also ready to get the first Burke sculpt, but I'll take what I can get. I agree that she should make everyone happy and do another sculpt. She could do better for us.:monkey2

It's better to get critiques...to acknowledge infallability. Let's see if she answers my e-mail #4. Being on Hong Kong time, I bet she will reply towards the end of my day here at work, that is if she has not marked my incoming e-mail as spam or put me on her ignore list like I'm thinking...

It's better to get critiques...to acknowledge infallability. Let's see if she answers my e-mail #4. Being on Hong Kong time, I bet she will reply towards the end of my day here at work, that is if she has not marked my incoming e-mail as spam or put me on her ignore list like I'm thinking...

When she emails me she usually answers early in the morning (eastern time) and it often takes a couple days so don't be put off just yet.

Now here is the stupid question: What is the SDCC Ape album all about?????

Not a stupid question at all Dr. Z... you may have missed the posts concerning this.

Well, I'm going to the San Diego Comic Con this year. So, I wanted to present to Mat Falls (the Sculptor of the Apes and the one who championed the line in the first place) a personalized photo album of the custom work being done on this thread. I've asked all who post here to send to me (or repost the pictures) of the custom work you want me to present Mat. I'm sure he will get a kick out of seeing all of the amazing work being done with the line he helped create. :D

The SDCC is coming up fast. I've received pictures from Jess... so the rest of you ape fans PLEASE send in your pictures. I'd love to get some great shots of Snick's Hunt Leader, Kfog's Armageddon Zaius, perhaps Angel's Gorilla family portrait, and of course maybe that Ape wagon might be finished in time. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I could flog the thread in search for pictures to use, but I want to make sure that I get the photos you want me to show him of your collection.

Of course, this album will be a perfect lead-in to my next question to him... "any new apes in the pipe line?" :D

Has anyone bought the Brent head and painted it? I am curious to see what he looks like painted. He looks to much like the Sideshow version to me. She has a Heston head painted on her site and to me, the Sideshow version looks more like Heston. Of course, I had Les repaint my Taylor heads which made a big difference.

I seem to remember that something went wrong with the molding of the Brent head. Am I remembering correctly?

PZ - I'll buckle down and get you a photo.

I would really appreciate it! Anything that you have customized using a Sideshow figure, would be welcome.

Anybody have a Zaius figure sporting the new gummi glyphs? I haven't done this myself (I've been waiting for a certain Lawgiver head :rolleyes:) but I was wondering if any of the other Ape fans who ordered them have pictures. :D

And Angel, anything that you want to submit would be grand. :D

If Ada can sell 25 sculpts of Burke, all will be well in the universe...currently, the total purchases for Burke is a paltry three.

Last edited:
If Ada can sell 25 sculpts of Burke, all will be well in the universe...currently, the total purchases for Burke is a paltry three.

After seeing the sculpt, I can't see that number increasing significantly anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Thought id pop in this thread which has been going forever aan has been kept alive by the few.

Received the 5 Planet of the Apes figures today, got a great deal on them from Hong Kong.

Only ever watched the movie and TV series so will be adding the ape General to the mix and implaning on watching the rest of the movies to find out who Ceasar is as i think he would look good in the collection.

I like to repaint and make my figs look as good as posable, going to start with the gorilla soldier as at the moment he's the first figure ive opened and really like this guy.

Anybody else repainted there apes?

Those are the only Sideshow apes that I have seen repainted--there are other customized head sculpts, but no other original Sideshow ape that I have seen repainted, unless I have missed those. Maybe another member of the ape council can point you in the right direction.

There is a Frenchman, whose name escapes me, who has repainted Zira and General Ursus, who has posted on this thread.

Check out post #4834 for General Ursus.

Post #4834, going to check it out, thanks.

This thread is massive! Ive been going backwards and really like all the surgery you apes fans have done. I was wondering, has anyone bashed a gorilla slave?

Thought id pop in this thread which has been going forever aan has been kept alive by the few.

"We chimpanzees are too few. How can we take the initiative when they are in control?"

Sorry...I couldn't resist and had to quote from one of the movies.

Last edited:
She needs to scrap both of those Burke heads if you ask me. They're just awful and look nothing like Burke. :monkey2

On a bright note, I learned how to do his "crazy" hair by looking at her ugly Burke sculpts. Maybe, I'll revamp mine at some in the next couple years.

Angel, can you send her an e-mail, then? Tell her you voted but you are not satisfied with either one. You be the bad cop. I'll be the good cop.

Back