Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just paid for the Burke sculpts today, after she already switched out the sculpts. I ordered from her website. It doesn't matter. I am just purchasing Burke because she did offer to sculpt him for free. He sucks and blows, but what to do...

I guess that is admirable... you are a bigger person than I. I just can't seem to purchase something that I don't like. I've got so much to buy and with gas prices being what they are my disposable income is shrinking at an alarming rate. :horror :horror :horror

But you have been working hard on the Burke costume... you need a head to go with it. :D

img1834nb1.jpg
img1843vx5.jpg

img1845zi3.jpg
img1838uf3.jpg

I've been trying to figure out which of these pics to print for the SDCC Ape album. Does any of my fellow Ape brethren have any suggestions? :D

I'm probably gonna pick more than one. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I love the top right photograph. The angle is great, plus it shows off the beauty of the sculpt with the teeth put in.

Photo #2 and #4 the others are a bit blurry. #4 is a great head to toe shot #2 shows a lot of the Zaius personality.

JJ--I like the shots you have picked because in those images, the subject is in focus. The other ones are great, but you want Zaius to pop. Plus, my favorite about #2 photo is his hand looks so believable, the way you have captured him, PZ. He really looks like you would see his hand shaking in old age as he holds open the scroll.

I just purchased a 12" Mego Wonder Woman doll and I just received her in the mail today. I plan to reroot the hair and repaint her face (after I remove those eyelashes)...and repaint her body. I plan to make a Nova out of her. Wish me luck.

I'm sure the new Burke sculpt will grow on me as the first one did. Let's just say that it was not love at first site.

JJ--I like the shots you have picked because in those images, the subject is in focus. The other ones are great, but you want Zaius to pop. Plus, my favorite about #2 photo is his hand looks so believable, the way you have captured him, PZ. He really looks like you would see his hand shaking in old age as he holds open the scroll.

Jess... You are right... I picked those because the subject is in focus and also the focus of the shot, due to composition. You do want Zaius to "pop".

Hi Fellow Apes fans,

I am starting to collect PTOA figures and thanks to Jessica's tips, I got myself the Beared Taylor ( boy, did he cost me ) . So what is the most sought after Sideshow PTOA figure ?

Is the beneath taylor tough to get a hold of ?
What about the solidier apes ( ? ) and the other figures ?

I just bid on a Beneath Taylor and was out bid ..

Cheers and happy hunting :)

YMBA

IMO the Sideshow Beneath the Planet of the Apes Mutant Jailor is maybe not the most sought after but one of the hardest to get. And when you do catch him on Ebay he fetches a pretty penny. And the Sideshow Comic Con Exclusive Vision Lawgiver is hard to find as well. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen the regular version of the Lawgiver much on Ebay lately. The Beneath Taylor shows up quite a bit on Ebay so you stand a good chance of getting him. He is by far my favorite of the Taylors.

I've been trying to figure out which of these pics to print for the SDCC Ape album. Does any of my fellow Ape brethren have any suggestions? :D

I'm probably gonna pick more than one. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Awesome photos Proto! I like #4 by far the best. It seems the lighting and focus and everything was just dead on center in that one. But they are all excellent! Now here is the stupid question: What is the SDCC Ape album all about?????

I just paid for the Burke sculpts today, after she already switched out the sculpts. I ordered from her website. It doesn't matter. I am just purchasing Burke because she did offer to sculpt him for free. He sucks and blows, but what to do...

I wonder what he would look like painted? He may surprise you once you hit him with some paint. The Brent sculpt looks to much like Sideshows I think. The hair on him is too much also. But then again, some paint may surprise you. She would proably sell more if she had a painted example.

Sorry, but I just hate both sculpts of Burke that she did. Why buy something that I hate? She really should have asked for input from the people who voted for BURKE. I wasn't asked. Were ANY of you asked? I voted. You would think she would have asked for input.

Nope. Nobody was asked for their opinions. She should have, though. She's got a big head.

Yes - There were 2 wagons made for the POTA movies SNICK. The biggest differences are the locking mechanisms on the rear cage doors.
Watch for those 2 things next time you watch the POTA movies and you'll see what I mean.

That's wild. You have done your homework. I'll take a closer look next time I watch the movies.

Burke - Ada never asked my opinion regarding the Burke head. I bought 2 heads and now I have to get 2 heads fixed but that shouldn't be a problem. If I end up commissioning another head I'm using another sculptor.

Has anyone bought the Brent head and painted it? I am curious to see what he looks like painted. He looks to much like the Sideshow version to me. She has a Heston head painted on her site and to me, the Sideshow version looks more like Heston. Of course, I had Les repaint my Taylor heads which made a big difference.

I guess that is admirable... you are a bigger person than I. I just can't seem to purchase something that I don't like. I've got so much to buy and with gas prices being what they are my disposable income is shrinking at an alarming rate. :horror :horror :horror

But you have been working hard on the Burke costume... you need a head to go with it. :D

Not really. I stand five feet tall. (couldn't resist that! :D)

Besides, I believe that if you aren't happy with the product there's stuff you can do to it to improve it. I needed a trophy head to commemorate the alpha and omega bomb, and I want to see her painting in person as opposed to photos.

Besides, I'm used to working with fugly. I started with Megos, remember, and I'm still whipping them into submission, trying to make them better than what they really look like.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I just hate both sculpts of Burke that she did. Why buy something that I hate? She really should have asked for input from the people who voted for BURKE. I wasn't asked. Were ANY of you asked? I voted. You would think she would have asked for input.

I wasn't asked. I bought the first version the day I got the email offering it. Now she changes it without a heads up to those who purchased it. Who complained to get it changed? Its a new do and a new reference picture so someone must have stuck there opinion in. If that was the case she should have gotten a concensus of all those that voted for him as you would have to think they would be the first to buy. I am VERY disappointed. :banghead

I'm with you, Ironman. The first one was not the best but was better. She has not responded to my e-mails either, so she must be corresponding with someone. I don't think the second one was any better than the first by a long shot. Maybe there were no bites to the first sculpt after she cast out her lure with the first sculpt.

Back