Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:woo Now I can pay for the cards I just bought! Check these out! I love the 2 pix of Roddy (...and Linda)(...and Maurice) wearing the glasses!

Last edited:
I completed ONE set, ready to go out in the mail that includes the following: Burke shirt, vest, pants and Virdon's pants, shirt, vest, belt and belt pack. I was hoping that I would finish another set to go, but it was quite late when I started last night on it and I had to make sure to get up early this morning. Since I already missed the post office for Saturday, I will hopefully complete the rest of the three sets today and mail them out on Monday.

Ada said it takes her one month to complete one sculpt.

I also have to go out and get some dye to color some more fabric for Virdon's shirt. I got two more orders after I tweaked four complete shirts from the sleeves of that outfit...so now the experimenting to get the colors just right.

Exciting news around here for me! They are going to have a wushu martial arts studio in my neck of the woods...won't have to travel to Oakland or Berkeley for that. I am hoping the kids will take to it. This will happen in July...or so...the same time the Super Joann Fabrics will finally be open.

I'm going to silk screen some more Che ape shirts--my sister's bugged me enough to get hers done already...I'm probably going to bang out four shirts today.

Didn't get much accomplished...but the day is still young (4:30 PM)--there is still daylight.

We watched WALL-E.

I must admit--I was one of the watchers. I kind of wanted it, but it's way too pricey for just one figure...congratulations. Glad it went over $100.

But hey...I did win that Planet of the Apes boardgame. I thought again about what you said Angel, how you got it 10 years ago for you to play with your kids. I thought if I was going to play a game a boardgame with the kids, I might as well sneak some Planet of the Apes in it for me...to keep my interest. Sad, huh?

It was great. It was video projection, but a decent size screen for video, and a few homeless people added a smell that was offensive (not really I just wanted to say that, but quite a few homeless people did attend). The weather was great, I posted this on the yahoo page, they had giant throw pillows on a carpet in the front, and chairs to sit in in the back. There were some rowdy guys eating at the chipotle on the side, but overall it was really cool. Free ice cream & smartwater from company reps. Everyone seemed to have a good time. The only thing I found strange, some people sat & waited for over an hour for it to start, then left 20 minutes into it...

They must have gotten hot and bothered and needed some smoking hot monkey love and had to make a quick getaway.

Thought id pop in this thread which has been going forever aan has been kept alive by the few.

Received the 5 Planet of the Apes figures today, got a great deal on them from Hong Kong.

Only ever watched the movie and TV series so will be adding the ape General to the mix and implaning on watching the rest of the movies to find out who Ceasar is as i think he would look good in the collection.

I like to repaint and make my figs look as good as posable, going to start with the gorilla soldier as at the moment he's the first figure ive opened and really like this guy.

Anybody else repainted there apes?

I would love to see some of your repaints--can you please show me where to look? Enaud mentioned seeing them before...

Ratzz......I have to leave the house and spend time at my inlaws, and have dinner there. I can't dye the fabric and finish the outfits like I wanted. At least I was able to go and get some fabric dye. I feel like a dork bringing over my sewing. I guess I'll bring some knitting to keep me busy.

I must admit--I was one of the watchers. I kind of wanted it, but it's way too pricey for just one figure...congratulations. Glad it went over $100.

But hey...I did win that Planet of the Apes boardgame. I thought again about what you said Angel, how you got it 10 years ago for you to play with your kids. I thought if I was going to play a game a boardgame with the kids, I might as well sneak some Planet of the Apes in it for me...to keep my interest. Sad, huh?

Congrats! It's a kids game, but I love it! Cool board, a really neat trap and lots of great memories! I'd play again in a heartbeat... I hope you and the kids like it as much as I do!

Congrats! It's a kids game, but I love it! Cool board, a really neat trap and lots of great memories! I'd play again in a heartbeat... I hope you and the kids like it as much as I do!

I love the game also! As a kid, I broke a piece to the trap, wrote the company (is it MB?) and they sent me a new piece for free.

Hope you had a great party today, Kfog.

Hi Jess! The partys actually today! Hey, I am looking forward to the Burke and Virdon clothes. I plan to buy one each version of Burke from Ada. I sent an email out over a week ago in regards to buying one Burke, One Brent, and possibly an Armondo and "STILL" no response. What the Heck! Now, I think that I owe it to Angel to get the Armondo, but I need to get it painted. I donot have the confidence and time to do it. I happen to like both versions of Burke. If you really look at the facial sculpt and the reference picture she used, I think she hit it. My own opinion, but I donot think it critical of a sculpt in both cases.:horror

Hi Jess! The partys actually today! Hey, I am looking forward to the Burke and Virdon clothes. I plan to buy one each version of Burke from Ada. I sent an email out over a week ago in regards to buying one Burke, One Brent, and possibly an Armondo and "STILL" no response. What the Heck! Now, I think that I owe it to Angel to get the Armondo, but I need to get it painted. I donot have the confidence and time to do it. I happen to like both versions of Burke. If you really look at the facial sculpt and the reference picture she used, I think she hit it. My own opinion, but I donot think it critical of a sculpt in both cases.:horror

Kfog, she is hard to get a hold of. She probably won't respond if you are asking her if you can buy this sculpt or that. Why don't you just send her the $$ via paypal through her website? If you buy 3 heads, you get one sculpt free, and you can write that info on the "personal information" part of her order form.

How did your Che ape shirts come out Jess? (I really liked the one you made for your son many months ago!)

I just bought a new light gray T-shirt for a Planet of the Apes iron-on that I have. Get this... I bought that iron-on almost a year ago! (Some projects just move sooooooo slow. Geeeez!)

I didn't get to them at all. I left to buy the dye. Then when I got home I spent some time putting stuff away...and then I had to go to my inlaws's place....didn't crawl home until almost 1AM. :monkey4 I hate that. If i go out to dinner I want to go home by 10 so I can at least do something. I watched the National Geographic channel until it was time to go home. I could have done that at home. Whoopee...

Back