Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you take that Mike Ploog drawing and have your daughter remove the colors on it so it is black and white?

I colored that Ploog drawing and removed the background art. Ploog ruled when it came to drawing APES!!!
I am actually working on some customs from the Ploog/Moench story.

Ironman--I'm going to see if that ape on horseback, the one you just posted, translates well to a silkscreen. I may have to "edit" to make it less detailed. I'll let you know how it goes. Actually I am going to see if both of these gorillas (with lots of editing) will translate well into a silkscreen.

Last edited:
Definitely Blu-Ray, possibly standard as well. There is supposed to be a new book and a ton of extras included, the original Conquest ending the one I'm most looking forward to. October tentative release.

Where are you getting this info? I've not heard a peep. If you find any source on this news PLEASE post the link here on the mega-thead. :D

Reading the article, it doesn't mention that this "kitchen sink" version of POTA will be available as a regular DVD release.

If there is ONE thing that will get me to buy a Blu-Ray player, this is it. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

PZ, did you see my e-mail regarding the Virgil photograph signed by Paul Williams?

Yes I did, Jess thanks for forwarding it to me. The seller offered this same photo autographed before in an auction awhile back. I don't know if it sold then or if this is another item.

But my disposable income is at an all time low. Since my kids are home from school during the summer, I'm not able to clock in more hours at work... so my paychecks have taken a dip. And add to the mix my son's recent hospital stay and some car woes... I'm dead broke. :eek:

And I still have SDCC ahead to save money for.

Not to mention that Paul Williams Concert, itself. The tickets go on sale this Friday. :rolleyes

Perhaps he'll sign autographs there. :D

Where are you getting this info? I've not heard a peep. If you find any source on this news PLEASE post the link here on the mega-thead. :D

I just check the yahoo page everyday for updates. Little snippets of info are posted every once in a while. The mention of the book was in a post re the New Jersey screening, as was in your link.

I colored that Ploog drawing and removed the background art. Ploog ruled when it came to drawing APES!!!
I am actually working on some customs from the Ploog/Moench story.

I'd love to see them as well. Years ago I started tearing apart a 9" martian manhunter to make one the the green helmeted underdwellers, I forgot their names, I haven't read the Mags in so long. Never finished it though.

I just check the yahoo page everyday for updates. Little snippets of info are posted every once in a while. The mention of the book was in a post re the New Jersey screening, as was in your link.

Thanks... we should keep the thread updated on any news on this impending release. :D

I'd love to see them as well. Years ago I started tearing apart a 9" martian manhunter to make one the the green helmeted underdwellers, I forgot their names, I haven't read the Mags in so long. Never finished it though.

Actually, those mutants are on my planning board. There is a Mego repro company that makes fat figures in green body color that I think would work perfectly. Maybe I'll even try my hand at "Shaggy". :monkey5

Actually, those mutants are on my planning board. There is a Mego repro company that makes fat figures in green body color that I think would work perfectly. Maybe I'll even try my hand at "Shaggy". :monkey5

C'mon Ironman! :whip Get something [anything], off of your lengthy planning board! How's the Icarus coming along? What project(s) are you physically working on?

I finished making two new rubber molds last night. I’m about to start casting a couple of new gorilla heads for a friend who commissioned me. Talk to you guys later, too much to do, and never enough time.

Last edited:
C'mon Ironman! :whip Get something [anything], off of your lengthy planning board! How's the Icarus coming along? What project(s) are you physically working on?

Icarus is on the back burner as it will take more time than I am able to devote to it in the small increments I make due with. Most others are in mid work. I have Burke & Virdon in mid WIP, Terror's Malaquena and Grimaldi getting closer, I'm futzing around with a few chimps and gorillas. Other than that I also am working on a few non-simian projects. too many interests, way too few minutes in a day.

Last edited:
Back