Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banana I made it to the post office today--YAY!! :banana:banana:bananaFour packages of Virdon/Burke outfits are in transit. Let me know when you receive them please.

I would have used Apoxie to fill in the bubbles, but zap-a-gap is easier to find at any craft store.

Angel, where did you get those iron-ons? Is that the one where you can print it yourself?

I did not get to make the silkscreen. I am not sure if I can even find the spatula I used, but I'm sure I can find some kind of toy that would work as well.

Maybe you could premix the colors? I've never seen that before! Wouldn't it be great to rubberize tool handles, and stuff like that...or even use it for nonslip socks? Is that what it would be used for?

No crafting done last night for me...but on Sunday night I did sew two pairs of pants including the waistband. I just need to attach the waistband, snaps, and belt loops. Someday I will run out of this fabric, and I probably won't be making any more Virdon/Burke clothing. I will only make as many as I have fabric for.

Aw...our inkjet printer at home sucks, and we only have lasers at work. I think they make the same type of iron-on stuff for laser printers, but I'm going to just stick to my silkscreen for now.

I don't know what it's used for. It was near the sculpting supplies at AC Moore. I remember the directions said something about applying in thin layers. Glyphs are pretty thin. Maybe I can make The Presidents many glyphs using this product?

That would be cool! I was thinking when I get to that project someday, I was going to use thin foam and use extremely sharp scissors to cut the designs and glue using foam glue. Then I would probably use those to make a mold and casts with.

I was thinking that since I will be removing Robert Patrick's head from my figure to replace it with Burke....I was thinking that I could try to see if I could make an ape out of him, like you did with Elta.

I want to get the wrinkles out of my poster so I can take a picture of it and make it into a T-shirt. Does anyone know if you can iron out paper???

It's do-able. I've done it before. Use a dry iron and start with a low setting and progressively turn up the heat until you see the paper unwrinkle. Use a brown paper bag inbetween the iron and the poster as a precaution.

I have not seen a better photo of that, but I found these today:

beneathplanetoftheapes-2.jpg

beneathplanetoftheapes-3.jpg

beneathplanetoftheapes-5.jpg

Back