Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to enaud! He's got a FZ Taylor coming to him! (My fave of all the Taylors!)
You mean Prisoner Taylor don't you?:p
Thank you again for keeping me in mind & the heads up on him Angel.I am now content with what I have of the apes that SS had originally put out.The last few bits,I'll make.

So how does this Prisoner Taylor look like? Is this the one where he is wearing mutant clothes from Beneath?

Check out this link, guys. I'm at work right now and can't really watch it, but it looked interesting...especially for Hasslein, since he's into Conquest:

https://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/2008/07/scifi-dept-conquest-of-planet-of-the-apes.php

It's hard to believe that someone actually prefers "Conquest" to the original classic. Very strange.

I would say that tone wise the film is the best of the sequels. But seeing all those apes in K-Mart jumpsuits hardly gives me my Ape fix.

I still prefer Escape to Conquest...only because there's more of C and Z on the movie. Sad and tragic ending, but I get my chimp fix on that movie.

I still prefer Escape to Conquest...only because there's more of C and Z on the movie. Sad and tragic ending, but I get my chimp fix on that movie.

The chemistry between Roddy and Kim is the best thing in the movie. I love seeing them play off each other. Too bad Roddy couldn't be in Beneath. And I still have a hard time watching that ending to Escape. Too sad. I even find myself fast forwarding it from Battle prologue. :(

Boy, the Planet of the Apes franchise sure lost a huge chunk of charm when they lost Kim. Zira was the ONLY girl doll I proud owned as a kid. :D

I'm trying to be a bit impartial here... I think "Conquest" was a more serious and successful piece of sceince fiction cinema than the rest of the saga. Escape has that whole "Ape time traveling with spaceships" logic hurdle to be considered truly good sci-fi.

Gee... I hope that doesn't come off as elitist. :eek:

This is the only thread on the internet that has all the ape goodness in it for me. I have been venturing outside of Central City of late, but I always come back here and get my ape fix especially when I am kept locked up in the saltmines...

Can't you just say that you like them all for different reasons Proto?

As a kid, CONQUEST was my favorite. At times, it still is. Then there are other times, I think heck no, it's the 1st, 2nd or the 3rd movie.

I bounce around on that because they all have something very unusual & cool to offer. (Wonderful characters, great storylines, and imaginative sets. I see nothing but high quality movies.)

Having said all that, I have to at least mention the 5th movie. Battle for the POTA could have been much so much better. I’ll say this; BATTLE is without doubt, the very best book written amongst the five. I’ve read that book many times. It hooks you at the very intro and keeps reeling you in! Had the movie only been like the book... wow, that would've been something!

Last edited:
Oops! My bad... Prisoner Taylor! Congrats on him! That's my fave Taylor, not FZ Taylor. (Why the heck did I type FZ Taylor???) :duh
Probably becuase of the recent discussion here about that particular figure & the crazy high price that it's been going for on ebay.If I recall,the last prisoner taylor I was watching went for $150.There's a guy who has had one listed for several weeks with a BIN for $300:horror

So how does this Prisoner Taylor look like? Is this the one where he is wearing mutant clothes from Beneath?
That's exactly what he looks like,Jess:D https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7510

G-nite. I'm still stuck at the saltmines. Perhaps I can break my shackles and make it home soon...

Between Ploog's interior art and Larkin's covers I was totally hooked!!
Hey Ray, any chance you'll be revisiting the Planet of the Apes anytime soon?

Ploog's art got better and better as the series went on. I think he kind of gave the Gorillas bangs in the first couple of issues.
Issue #8 was one the highlights of his POTA work for me. He totally had the specific look of the ape makeup and costumes down by that point. Also I think they printed the art directly from Ploog's pencil art with out it being inked. Almost unheard of back then, but it came out looking awesome. It had beautiful texture.

The closest I'll get to revist the Planet of the Apes these days is if I can find time to make myself a Gorilla costume for Halloween this year. I have one of the pull over masks from Apemania and I've been meaning to make myself a Gorilla soldier costume to go with it for the longest time.
We'll see.
:)

-Ray

Ploog's art got better and better as the series went on. I think he kind of gave the Gorillas bangs in the first couple of issues.
Issue #8 was one the highlights of his POTA work for me. He totally had the specific look of the ape makeup and costumes down by that point. Also I think they printed the art directly from Ploog's pencil art with out it being inked. Almost unheard of back then, but it came out looking awesome. It had beautiful texture.

The closest I'll get to revist the Planet of the Apes these days is if I can find time to make myself a Gorilla costume for Halloween this year. I have one of the pull over masks from Apemania and I've been meaning to make myself a Gorilla soldier costume to go with it for the longest time.
We'll see.
:)

-Ray

That's very cool, Ray. You MUST post photos of that!

I am still thinking about my future Zira costume. Have the fabric...must work up the nerve now and sew the costume. I will even sacrifice one of my sweaters because it's got the perfect weave and color for the inner sleeve. I don't think I will make it by Halloween this year though and I wish I could since it's the 40th anniversary.

Probably becuase of the recent discussion here about that particular figure & the crazy high price that it's been going for on ebay.If I recall,the last prisoner taylor I was watching went for $150.There's a guy who has had one listed for several weeks with a BIN for $300:horror

That's exactly what he looks like,Jess:D https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7510

I have to agree. The Prisoner Taylor rocks! He is the same figure as the one that comes in the Taylor and Nova 2 pack but for some reason the cloths really makes him stand out. I bet you could make an awesome prisoner suit for him Jess! The SS one was a bit tight in the arms I think.

Back