Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a Taylor ANSA outfit, too...and that's a bit tight on my Robert Patrick figure!! I think the waist was too tight on that one for some reason. I didn't bother trying on the Brent ANSA outfit on my only human figure since I surmised it would also be a tight squeeze.

Check out this link, guys. I'm at work right now and can't really watch it, but it looked interesting...especially for Hasslein, since he's into Conquest:

https://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/2008/07/scifi-dept-conquest-of-planet-of-the-apes.php

Thanks for the link Jess. I love all the sequels. I get infuriated when people say "The first one was good, but the sequels sucked." That is so untrue, especially by today's standards of sequels, or even originals for that matter.

The opening shot with the Gorillas in the jumpsuits, when I was a kid I was so taken aback by the diversity, "Where are they going to go with this now?" I love the jumpsuits, and the oppressive "futuristic" government, I think it's well written, the only two flaws were, IMHO, no survielance cameras, and if Armando ever called Caesar by name, he would've busted himself for picking his name.

I like Battle as well, and think if Cornelius hadn't been killed, and the interiors of the mutant city weren't so depressing, more people would've liked the film. I also go back and forth which one is my favorite, Planet, Beneath or Conquest.

I love all the apes movies, warts and all, EXCEPT the :censored "Reimagination"

I don't even consider the "reimagination" a Planet of the Apes movie. I agree with you Jessica, I dig all of the Apes movies. I know a lot of the die hard movie fans didn't like the TV series but I love the TV series. I only wished it would have lasted longer than it did.

I have to agree. The Prisoner Taylor rocks! He is the same figure as the one that comes in the Taylor and Nova 2 pack but for some reason the cloths really makes him stand out. I bet you could make an awesome prisoner suit for him Jess! The SS one was a bit tight in the arms I think.

JESS - I have the Taylor head from the FZ Taylor. If you want to make the Beneath/Jail clothes I can send that one and then throw some dough your way.

The reimagination would have been fine if they called it something else. Maybe Monkey Planet?

Attached is a photo of what I'm passing off as a Zaius figure.

Ploog's art got better and better as the series went on. I think he kind of gave the Gorillas bangs in the first couple of issues.
Issue #8 was one the highlights of his POTA work for me. He totally had the specific look of the ape makeup and costumes down by that point. Also I think they printed the art directly from Ploog's pencil art with out it being inked. Almost unheard of back then, but it came out looking awesome. It had beautiful texture.

The closest I'll get to revist the Planet of the Apes these days is if I can find time to make myself a Gorilla costume for Halloween this year. I have one of the pull over masks from Apemania and I've been meaning to make myself a Gorilla soldier costume to go with it for the longest time.
We'll see.
:)

-Ray

Cool!! There are tons of great customs being done here and I think the only thing we never see is some "fan art".
The TV series ended much too soon. If on today it would be akin to watching a series on FOX. Never given a full chance.

And yes, Jess, it would have rocked had Sideshow saw fit to do "something" new for the Apes 40th anniversary. Now its just as disappointing as the Trek 40th... :banghead

Snick, your Dr. Zaius looks fantastic! So are all your apes haired up? Have you haired up Zira yet? He looks great with the new set of glyphs! Wow!!!!

If you want me to make the prisoner clothes, I can do it, but you'll have to wait awhile so don't send me any money yet. I feel guilty from what you've already sent and I still owe you and Angel some more clothes. I will need photo references when I cross that bridge.

I don't even consider the "reimagination" a Planet of the Apes movie. I agree with you Jessica, I dig all of the Apes movies. I know a lot of the die hard movie fans didn't like the TV series but I love the TV series. I only wished it would have lasted longer than it did.

I'm just so darn miffed at 2001 abomination because I had been waiting for years for that and even took a day off to see the first showing of it. How horribly disappointed I was...

I forgot about the TV series! I thought it would be cheesy but I purchased the DVDs of the TV series and I'm so glad I did. I love all of the TV series as well too especially because Roddy McDowall was in them, and feel bad that it had such a short lifespan. I particularly love the episode "The Deception" and "Up Above the World So High"

If you guys ever watched The Deception, did you notice that Galen actually cries in one scene? That was neat to see...but if you wore that makeup and you cried...wouldn't you just kill to blow your nose?

Last edited:
Snick, your Dr. Zaius looks fantastic! So are all your apes haired up? Have you haired up Zira yet? He looks great with the new set of glyphs! Wow!!!!

If you want me to make the prisoner clothes, I can do it, but you'll have to wait awhile so don't send me any money yet. I feel guilty from what you've already sent and I still owe you and Angel some more clothes. I will need photo references when I cross that bridge.

All of the apes are haired up except for my FZ Zaius. Zira is still on the work bench. I have a Milo that should be done pretty soon too.

PZ send me your email address so I can send you those pix.

This day cannot end any sooner for me. I stayed at work until 10:30 PM last night, and I didn't get home until 11PM. You would think I would sleep like a log, as dog tired as I was but I tossed and turned for many hours. I should have just gotten up out of bed and done some crafts instead of tossing and turning and have been more productive. :monkey2

I was also craving watching one of the apes movies, but I kept talking myself out of it. I should have just watched one or part of one.

Last edited:
This day cannot end any sooner for me. I stayed at work until 10:30 PM last night, and I didn't get home until 11PM. You would think I would sleep like a log, as dog tired as I was but I tossed and turned for many hours. I should have just gotten up out of bed and done some crafts instead of tossing and turning and have been more productive.

I hear that! Thank God we only had a half day today because I was going nuts. ANG's wagon arrived!!! It is the most amazing ape prop I own and I have 2 original gorilla costumes. Guys pool your money together and bribe ANG to make you one. You won't be disappointed. You won't believe the detail on this piece. My old ape making partner saw it and said "it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen....it's phenominal."

Thx ANG!!!!:fireworks

I'll check back in on Saturday.

JESS - Your package has been mailed.

Angel--seeing your ape wagon to near completion (just lacks the paint)....and hearing Snick rave about it....makes me want to make one! (Mego scale, of course, since I don't have space)...

Hi Jess! A raving good job on the Burke/Virdon clothes. I love them and appreciate your hard work that you put into them. How many hours total? Whoa, mind staggering. Anyway, I have a temporary version of Virdon to model your Clothing line. By the way, was I supposed to get a pouch for Burke? If not, don't worry about it. Thankyou again, Kent.:banana

Kfog--glad you got the clothes! Did Burke have a pouch? I didn't see he had any. You should lower Virdon's belt a little and pull his shirt up over his belt a little bit.

I sent an extra set of Burke vests because the cloth Angel sent me had so much variation in the colors that it was hard to match...so you guys can decide which one you prefer.

Kfog--glad you got the clothes! Did Burke have a pouch? I didn't see he had any. You should lower Virdon's belt a little and pull his shirt up over his belt a little bit.

You checking a little too close on Virdons midsection there Jess?:naughty

I sent an extra set of Burke vests because the cloth Angel sent me had so much variation in the colors that it was hard to match...so you guys can decide which one you prefer.

I only received one Burke vest!:confused:

I'll send you another one with the new material I found. It's just there were so many pieces to each costume and I was sending out four. Confusing!! I hope I didn't stiff anybody since I had an extra Virdon belt/bag after I finished taping up all the packages.

Back