Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kfog, what shoes did you end up using for Virdon?

Hi Jess! Those are the Moccasins that Ironman and Angel bought from an online website called Good Toys to Go. I appreciate you sending me the other vest. That is totally cool of you. Thanks again, Kent.:monkey5

I love how the whip looks like a snake in this photo:

76df_1.jpg

I saw this photo on Evilbay and it reminded me that I need to get cracking on my projects so I can start to practice painting again...

32d5_1.jpg

Can't you just say that you like them all for different reasons Proto?

As a kid, CONQUEST was my favorite. At times, it still is. Then there are other times, I think heck no, it's the 1st, 2nd or the 3rd movie.

I bounce around on that because they all have something very unusual & cool to offer. (Wonderful characters, great storylines, and imaginative sets. I see nothing but high quality movies.)

Having said all that, I have to at least mention the 5th movie. Battle for the POTA could have been much so much better. I’ll say this; BATTLE is without doubt, the very best book written amongst the five. I’ve read that book many times. It hooks you at the very intro and keeps reeling you in! Had the movie only been like the book... wow, that would've been something!

Isn't the Battle novelization written by David Gerrold? He wrote the Trouble with Tribbles episode of the original Star Trek series. He also had a running column in Starlog magazine for years. In one of his columns, he detailed his experience on the set of Battle where he got to dress up as a chimp. I beleive he is the chimp talking to Vigil in the beginning. But I maybe wrong.

There was also a recent movie made from one of his stories... "The Martian Child with John Cusack.

I may be wrong but it looks like Ada went back to the old Burke sclupt on her web site.

Can't you just say that you like them all for different reasons Proto?

As a kid, CONQUEST was my favorite. At times, it still is. Then there are other times, I think heck no, it's the 1st, 2nd or the 3rd movie.

I bounce around on that because they all have something very unusual & cool to offer. (Wonderful characters, great storylines, and imaginative sets. I see nothing but high quality movies.)

Having said all that, I have to at least mention the 5th movie. Battle for the POTA could have been much so much better. I’ll say this; BATTLE is without doubt, the very best book written amongst the five. I’ve read that book many times. It hooks you at the very intro and keeps reeling you in! Had the movie only been like the book... wow, that would've been something!

I agree. The book version of Battle is awesome! I have read them all several times but Battle is my favorite of the books. Planet (Monkey Planet) is the worst one for me to pick up and actually read all the way through.

I'm going to have to read Monkey Planet...and then work my way up to Battle. I read Monkey Planet way back in highschool and remember I hated it so much. I should read it again.

PZ, it sucks that the Paul Williams concert was cancelled. You may just have to purchase that signed autograph....

Glad that Ada went back to the first sculpt, because that's the one that grew on me. It wasn't love at first sight, though. Anybody else buy the Burke sculpt yet? I am still waiting for mine to arrive.

I should get to sleep, but I can't. I am two shirts, one vest and one pair of pants away from my last set of Burke/Virdon outfits for this guy in the UK. I just have to sew up the belt loops but those are no biggie. I promised him mid-July but maybe I can mail the complete sets by this Monday.

I'm going to see Kung Fu Panda again tomorrow (in IMAX!!)....my mom is coming. It will be the third time I have seen the film on the big screen.

The other items I do want to get done this weekend (whoo hooo---a 3 day weekend!!) will be the silkscreens of the Che Caesar. Those I HAVE to accomplish!!!

JESS - My old ape making partner was Mark from the Simain Arms website. I send him pix of my ape stuff and he is brutally honest.

KFOG - Virdon looks outstanding! I luv that outfit. It turned out perfect. Great job.

I may be wrong but it looks like Ada went back to the old Burke sclupt on her web site.

Somebody in the UK just received that sculpt and is now writing Ada regarding the scale. He said it was a little on the smallish side...but did not fit a 1:6 scale body well. I am waiting to see what her response is. I thought she re-did the sculpt only because there was nobody buying.

They also bought the Brent head, and they said that one was perfect for the scale.

Back