Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's so funny, I had the same puzzle & glued it as well. Even had the duct tape border, only in red.

That's too funny! Here's something even funnier. I was a little girl then, so before I went to bed, I always kissed Cornelius good night. :D

I always found it interesting that it was Milo that helped her put her clothes on. I brought that up a few years ago in the Yahoo group, suggesting that Zira liked Milo a little too much, and that baby Milo was really Milo's...

It's that Zira! No wonder Cornelius was such a jealous ape!!

I have always loved this photograph for some reason. Probably Zira's expression. I never noticed though that they forgot to add the fur to her wrists and that she is wearing a watch.

escape-01-300dpi.jpg

Look guys, this is one of the two items I owned (shared) as a kid. We glued it together and used it to cover this scary blob on a door that looked like an old man staring at us.

4f84_1.jpg

Wow, thats some memory grabber there it is. I had all the puzzles, the Galen bank, the trash can, the viewmaster reels (TV version), the gum cards, some of the Megos....... <sigh>

Angel, I forgot to tell you that I have a couple of years experience in making remote controlled sail planes from kits a long time ago. They were beautiful. Perhaps that's why I love "Up Above the World So High"...We would fly them over the cliffs at Fort Funston where the air was forced into an updraft. I never learned to fly them but I made them because they were so fun to make. My husband would install the servos and wire them and he would fly them. My planes were gorgeous and always made the guys out there jealous.

Those spacesuits look like they'd be fun to replicate....but I wouldn't know where to get the helmet at a reasonable price.

I don't know if any one has posted this but here is a page with some pics of the upcoming Diamond Select Retro Ape line. I figured you would really like to see them Jess if you haven't already. I know that the Mego's in no way measure up to Sideshows Apes but they hold a special place in my heart since the Megos is what I played with as a kid. My Dr. Zaius busted and my brother restrung him. My brother drowned in 1977 so my Mego Zaius really holds a place dear to me!

https://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=91786

Has any on on this board actually got a Burke and/or Brent head? I was curious as to what they look like in-person, so to speak.

I've got the Brent. The Burkes on the way. The Brent is a nod in the right direction from what Sideshow offered. Pete, well....I guess that will remain to be seen.

I've got the Brent. The Burkes on the way. The Brent is a nod in the right direction from what Sideshow offered. Pete, well....I guess that will remain to be seen.

Have you painted your Brent yet Ironman? I am curious to see what he looks like with paint. On the site he looked to much like the SS version. I figured maybe paint would change my mind.

Dr. Z, I think the Brent sculpt by Ada is way better than the SS version. The SS version of Brent looks like Vincent Price. I can't figure out why, but there's something wrong with the face...

I just checked out Ada's website and noticed that some sculpts that she shows as painted are good and some are not so good. I think that they must have some type of assembly line going here. Before I buy me the two different Burkes, a Brent, an Armondo, and maybe a Morgan Freeman. I want to know the following first:

1. Are they proper scale?
2. Does having the sculpts painted by Ada do them justice?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Back