Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy is still selling cheap...but then who knows what would happen in three hours. I think he looks pretty good.

0452_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my Burke heads to arrive. One is painted the other one I'll have to figure it out or try to paint him myself...

DZ, I haven't taken the plunge into painting my own....yet. Although as backed up as I am on heads that need to be done, perhaps I might.

Jess, the Ada Brent is indeed an improvement, but still is missing something to me. And I think the Armando is a bit too large. not unuseably so, but just noticeable.

Kfog, Brent is in the right scale, I've heard Burke ver. 1 was on the small side but don't have mine yet to judge it. Her AA paints seem ok but I'm not overly fond of her caucasion skintones.

I don't know if any one has posted this but here is a page with some pics of the upcoming Diamond Select Retro Ape line. I figured you would really like to see them Jess if you haven't already. I know that the Mego's in no way measure up to Sideshows Apes but they hold a special place in my heart since the Megos is what I played with as a kid. My Dr. Zaius busted and my brother restrung him. My brother drowned in 1977 so my Mego Zaius really holds a place dear to me!

https://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=91786

Thanks for posting the link, DZ... I'm curious to see how these sell.

And also thanks for sharing the story concerning your brother... that is one very special Zaius.

Well... I'm off to see Planet of the Apse on the big screen today. My son can't be anymore excited. However we are kind of dragging the rest of the family (wife and daughter) to the screening. My son was quick to point out to his sister that we were all dragged to see "Kit Kittredge" just a few days ago because she wanted to see it. She even brought her American Girls doll to that screening.

Well, now it's my son's turn... he is bringing his 12" Hasbro Taylor and gorilla to the screening of POTA.

That's my boy. :D

DZ, I haven't taken the plunge into painting my own....yet. Although as backed up as I am on heads that need to be done, perhaps I might.

Jess, the Ada Brent is indeed an improvement, but still is missing something to me. And I think the Armando is a bit too large. not unuseably so, but just noticeable.

Kfog, Brent is in the right scale, I've heard Burke ver. 1 was on the small side but don't have mine yet to judge it. Her AA paints seem ok but I'm not overly fond of her caucasion skintones.

Hi Ironman! I also agree that the skin tones look funky. Like there is no concern for catching the true likeness of the real individual. (A generic caucasian paint job me thinks). Thanks for getting back with me on that!:(

Last edited:

Boy... can a full set of Sideshow Apes really fetch that much? :horror

The way I figure it, that is about a $2000 mark up from the retail price of the entire lot. Since the regular figures go for nearly retail now anyways that leaves the price increase of the nine exclusives to make up for the $2000 spike. :horror

WOW.

I'm assuming that the seller really is not serious in selling his full collection anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Hi Jess! Please check your email out, I need to make sure your address is correct before sending out your payment. Also, Snick is right. That Virdon vest is killer. I also really love how both outfits came out. The Color of Virdons shirt looks fantastic. Thanks Jess, Kent.:monkey5

I also really love how both outfits came out. The Color of Virdons shirt looks fantastic. Thanks Jess, Kent.:monkey5

KFOG brought up an excellent point. The Virdon shirt is stellar. I'm not if you dyed it or it was ANG.

JESS - Who are you crushing on?

BTW, have you heard the commercial for ashleymadison.com? The dialogue goes like this: "It's a website for those who are in relationships and who are looking for something a little more." --It's an actual commercial that's played durning the Adam Carolla show. It's hysterical in a sad way.

Virdon's shirt is my find from the Goodwill store. It was the sleeves of a girls outfit, so I was only able to tweak four shirts out of it.

Back