Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at this awesome new photo posted in the apes yahoo group. What the heck are those things in the doorway/passageway? Boxes?

3bd0.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how I'm going to do the glyphs for my outfit? Perhaps embroider them? 3D paint? Hmmm...

I wonder how I'm going to do the glyphs for my outfit? Perhaps embroider them? 3D paint? Hmmm...
What about some sort of quilting technique?Sew the outline of the glyphs one 2 pieces of material creating a pocket & stuff them a little to get the puffy look.

Jess-I've been busy at work these past couple days but if all goes well,I'll be able to start the early stage preperations of our project tomorrow.

Last edited:
Attached are some preliminary photos of Virdon and Armando's head.

KFOG - Thx for the link. They must be updating that section all the time. I saw pix that I didn't know existed.

Jess - That is a wild photo. I don't think I've seen that one before.

Hey Angel!! Congrats on the "Virdon" head. I hope he comes up with another. I want to do the duo in their ANSA uniforms and their POTA attire.

I figured out how to put on the fake leather of Zira's outfit. I have sewed it together, now I need to sew the fake leather to the green fabric. I would have killed last night for a sewing form, so I had to make my own. I stuffed a close-fitting jacket with a blanket and stuffed the shoulders/arms with clothes so I could get a form to help me figure out the leather collar...it worked!! I had my own personal dummy and it didn't cost me $200 like these sewing figures usually cost...

I figured out how to put on the fake leather of Zira's outfit. I have sewed it together, now I need to sew the fake leather to the green fabric. I would have killed last night for a sewing form, so I had to make my own. I stuffed a close-fitting jacket with a blanket and stuffed the shoulders/arms with clothes so I could get a form to help me figure out the leather collar...it worked!! I had my own personal dummy and it didn't cost me $200 like these sewing figures usually cost...

You are the female MacGyver.

Finally found my extra Ursus and put on the your helmet, Angel. Looks VERY nice... thanx!

Well, it looks like the Apes are now in fourth place in that poll. Is there anyone in this thread who has not voted?

Too bad you can't vote twice. :rolleyes:

I'm taking my son to see Planet of the Apes again tonight. The engagment ends tomorrow and I wanted to see it one more time before it goes. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Here's my costume, guys...It's still a work in progress, but it's not looking that bad (I think)!!

Zira013.jpg

This is how it looked this morning, while on my "sewing form" before I started working on the glyphs.

Zira002.jpg

Back