Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to see the movie again to see where that is placed and how it looks with the semi-circle insignia...but definitely will add that. I am already eyeing one of my sweaters for the inner sleeve, which has the perfect texture/weave/color for my needs...

Has any one heard from our old friend Stickman? I sure do miss his Sideshow Ape set up and pictures!

Here's my costume, guys...It's still a work in progress, but it's not looking that bad (I think)!!

Zira013.jpg

This is how it looked this morning, while on my "sewing form" before I started working on the glyphs.

Zira002.jpg

:eek That is way to awesome Jessica! :bow :bow :bow

Here's my costume, guys...It's still a work in progress, but it's not looking that bad (I think)!!

Zira013.jpg

This is how it looked this morning, while on my "sewing form" before I started working on the glyphs.

Zira002.jpg

WOW!!! Amazing work, Jess... keep us updated with pics!!!

Just got back from seeing the movie again. I took this picture afterwards:

img1917su2.jpg

Funny, I used to work at this theater... nearly 25 years ago. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Someone commented to me after the show that they saw me mouthting the words to nearly all of the main dialogue scenes. I told them that this film is my "Rocky Horror"... they were lucky I didn't throw toast at them. :rolleyes:

I may have to seek out that panel when I get there. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with another panel... there always seems to be LOTS of conflicts during those four days. :rolleyes:

I was going to try to make it this year, but Fri & Sat are already sold out. I haven't been since '98, back then you could just show up on Saturday and register on site...

Someone commented to me after the show that they saw me mouthting the words to nearly all of the main dialogue scenes. I told them that this film is my "Rocky Horror"... they were lucky I didn't throw toast at them. :rolleyes:

PZ - That is a wild looking theater.

JESS - The costume looks amazing. You did a great job in matching the color.

img1917su2.jpg

Funny, I used to work at this theater... nearly 25 years ago. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

That's too funny!! :rotfl

That looks really cool, Jess. I don't understand why you waited so long to start it.

I thought the makeup was an unnecessary evil, something I wanted but did not need...but in retrospect, I really DO need it!! And I want it bad!! If I lived closer to Apemania I'm sure I would be part of their troupe, those lucky guys. Plus, I have been looking for a VERY long time (years, in fact) for the right color green fabric, and I just encountered that just a few months ago!!! The fake leather is the same material that Ironman's Nova is currently sporting. I wish I bought more of that, but at least I had way more than enough for my costume. It's just the perfect weight for leather vestments for action figures, even 1:9 scale.

I heard from the apevine that I may not see my makeup for another six months...but that's ok. I've waited this long.

Oh....I told my sister I started my own Zira outfit, and she asked me where the hell I would wear it. I told her, "the office." She laughed long and hard. Whatever.

Snick--I received the package. Wow!! The backpack is yummilicious!!! I really love the detail that went into that--and thanks for painting it, too!

The sculpt looks fantastic as well. Without paint he can pass for a chimpanzee until you notice his nose. If you can get your sculptor to give an extra cast of that gorilla a nose job, you can have an extra chimp among your ranks, Snick...

A different view of Ape City as posted in the apes yahoo group. Can you guys see me in there? I'm the female closest to the water gabbing with another chimp. Yeah, right...

531d.jpg

Snick--I received the package. Wow!! The backpack is yummilicious!!! I really love the detail that went into that--and thanks for painting it, too!

The sculpt looks fantastic as well. Without paint he can pass for a chimpanzee until you notice his nose. If you can get your sculptor to give an extra cast of that gorilla a nose job, you can have an extra chimp among your ranks, Snick...

Thx for the tip and the nice words on the backpack.

Back