Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PZ - That is a wild looking theater.

It's registered as a historical landmark by the city. It was the only theater in state to be able to show Cinerama. You can still see the two extra booth set up for it. They are now used to store candy. I talked to the projectionist before the show and he let me in the booth. They still have the same projectors they had when I was there. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

And when I worked there I found hidden away a trailer for 2001: A Space Odyssey, which I still have. :D

Just got my packages from Ada. The Burke head is waaaay too small to be useable. Jess, it may be great for you for your Mego collection. The Lost Sawyer is also too small to be 1:6. I emailed her and hope for a speedy and acceptable response.

Just got my packages from Ada. The Burke head is waaaay too small to be useable. Jess, it may be great for you for your Mego collection. The Lost Sawyer is also too small to be 1:6. I emailed her and hope for a speedy and acceptable response.

Sorry to hear this aweful news Ironman. :(

I'm done with Ada. Her track record has proved to me that she is uncapable of making properly scaled heads. She charged me extra to resculpt Armando after she failed to get the scale issue right. What was I to do? I couldn't use a big ol'bobblehead on my 1/6 figure. That looked very silly!

That's a real shame as I was really wanting her to do about 5 more different heads for me. I guess it's her loss now...

Last edited:
That sucks with Ada. She's so difficult to work with and then she comes up with these puny heads or bobbleheads...and then she's gruff when she responds....or ignores you... I don't get that. She needs better customer service. Good luck to the Ghostbusters thread!!!

Last edited:
I have a lot of convincing to do on my end...but I'm going to try to make it to Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA next labor day. Any monkeys going that way? If i have to bring the whole family, so be it...I will drag my husband so that he can babysit. I want to go in ape regalia and have fun. This will give me enough time to save up/co-erce and finagle my way there...how about we all meet up over there? Crazy?

Sorry to hear this aweful news Ironman. :(

I'm done with Ada. Her track record has proved to me that she is uncapable of making properly scaled heads. She charged me extra to resculpt Armando after she failed to get the scale issue right. What was I to do? I couldn't use a big ol'bobblehead on my 1/6 figure. That looked very silly!

That's a real shame as I was really wanting her to do about 5 more different heads for me. I guess it's her loss now...

Uh-Oh. My Burke head is waiting at the post office. I'm assuming it's the same size as Iron's and ANGs.

ANG -I'm still looking for a sculptor too. The one guy I found was WAY too expensive. My current sculptor can do props but isn't very good with heads. I learned that the hardway. More importantly how much did that witch charge you for Armando? I despise her. Let me split the cost with you.

JESS - You're traveling to Atlanta for a convention? That's wild. Who is bringing the grapejuice plus?

This was her answer:
Any client who ordered Burke, i will send new Burrke to them this Sat to replace.

Now I have to ask again what she's going to do about the Sawyer head. A shame too as it wasn't a bad sculpt at all, just too small. :(

This was her answer:
Any client who ordered Burke, i will send new Burrke to them this Sat to replace.

Now I have to ask again what she's going to do about the Sawyer head. A shame too as it wasn't a bad sculpt at all, just too small. :(

Thx for the update. Is mini-Burke really un-useable?

PZ -Thx for the info on the theatre. I knew there had to be some history there. It's beautiful.

Thx for the update. Is mini-Burke really un-useable?

The Burke face is Mego size and the neck is wider than the Sam Winchester I got, which is 1:6. It just sucks that the 2 most anticipated sculpts that were arriving, Burke & Sawyer, were too small to be useful. She says she's fixing the Burke, and I don't have an answer yet on Sawyer. It also looks like the Milla Jovovich might be too tiny. I don't have a CyGirl handy to try it out on just yet. Don't even think I'll mention it to Ada until I see if she does right by Sawyer.
Jess, you're the resident Megoite, do you want the smaller heads?

The Burke face is Mego size and the neck is wider than the Sam Winchester I got, which is 1:6. It just sucks that the 2 most anticipated sculpts that were arriving, Burke & Sawyer, were too small to be useful. She says she's fixing the Burke, and I don't have an answer yet on Sawyer. It also looks like the Milla Jovovich might be too tiny. I don't have a CyGirl handy to try it out on just yet. Don't even think I'll mention it to Ada until I see if she does right by Sawyer.
Jess, you're the resident Megoite, do you want the smaller heads?

A Mego sized Burke. That's interesting. She resculpted the one POTA Mego head I don't have an issue with.

Good move on not mentioning the other problems until the first one is resolved.

Ironman, if the sculpt was too small and it was a great sculpt, I know a contact in the UK that could enlarge it to the appropriate size. That's what I may do with Burke if I get the small head...unless you want me to send your Burke head and then I can try to enlarge it for you. I can't recall the name of what you use to enlarge it, but I have it somewhere saved in my e-mails.

Let's see if I can get to Atlanta (for a science fiction/toy show?!?!) I wonder how that idea's going to fly...I'll keep you posted. I have a little over a year to prepare financially and prepare my husband psychologically. I need to get myself a spinning table and strap him down like Wanda did to Burke, maybe...

Let's see if I can get to Atlanta (for a science fiction/toy show?!?!) I wonder how that idea's going to fly...I'll keep you posted. I have a little over a year to prepare financially and prepare my husband psychologically. I need to get myself a spinning table and strap him down like Wanda did to Burke, maybe...

There was a cool scene in that episode with Burke dressed in normal clothes...normal for the seventies.

IRON - Just recieved Burke's head. It is perfect for those 9" DC superheroes. The figures that come with clothes.

Jess could you email me the address of "Dr Shrinker" again. You sent it to me last week and I accidentally deleted it. I could contact him with Burke and Project X.

Last edited:
Hi Jess! I have not received the other Burke vest that you said you sent earlier in the week. What day did you send it on? Thanks, Kent.:confused:

Ah, I see that is was Monday. I wonder why I have not received it yet? I will let you know if not received by tomorrow. Thanks, Kent.:rolleyes:

Kfog, I just wanted to let you know that I received the envelope you sent me. Thanks.

And Snick, I forgot to thank you for the extra gorilla goodies in the box I received earlier from you.

Back