Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already told my husband about Dragon Con 2009. He said I lost sight of the plot, but whatever. My sister said she will come with me so at least I will be chaperoned! (Yeah...gotta keep that Jessica in check!!) This idea has been sighted through my crosshairs, and I am not about to give it up.

Kfog, I just wanted to let you know that I received the envelope you sent me. Thanks.

Great! I have been putting my military items on auction till I get another job. I'm not doing too bad, I am making more room for my Apes collectibles. I will looking forward to getting that vest today.:banana

Hello Ironman and Angel! I noticed that you both have purchased or own the Will Smith sculpt. I see where the hair can pass for Virdon, but the face maybe looks like a younger version of him. Is there anything that you guys are doing to make him look more like Virdon. Thanks, Kent.:confused:

Hello Ironman and Angel! I noticed that you both have purchased or own the Will Smith sculpt. I see where the hair can pass for Virdon, but the face maybe looks like a younger version of him. Is there anything that you guys are doing to make him look more like Virdon. Thanks, Kent.:confused:

Actually, while the seller is selling it as a "Will Smith" head, it is actually European soccer player Benjamin Lauth. As for making him look more like Virdon, the Jess outfits bring him right on task. I also think that the Dragon Laars head sculpt could pass for an older version of Virdon. It would need a hair repaint but I think it could work.
He is on the left in this photo.

Laars huh! I will have to check that one out. Thanks IM, Kent.
Now where's :angelsmil

Anyone see the "Figure it Out" contest videos on SideShow's website yet? There is a really cool looking Planet of the Apes video in there. Any new news on this lisence?

Anyone know where I can buy some of these figures at a reasonable price?

Last edited:
I wish that I had time Angel! I surprisingly was told on June 30th that my services would no longer be required where I was working, so it is back to pounding the pavement for a new job. I was kind of surprised, because I never had any negative things told to me about my job performance. I was there for over 10 months. :(

By the way Jess, I still did not receive the extra Virdon vest. It should really only take two days to get here from you to me. Did you put my Apartment number on the address? Thanks, Kent.:confused:

I really like how this persons paint job came out on the Apha Omega console and Zaius!:monkey5

Hey all, Stickmans video is on the Sideshow site. It is in the figure it out videos. Video number 15. Be sure to vote for our friend Stickman!!!!

Anyone see the "Figure it Out" contest videos on SideShow's website yet? There is a really cool looking Planet of the Apes video in there. Any new news on this lisence?

Anyone know where I can buy some of these figures at a reasonable price?

Your best choice is Ebay. But, they are getting real scarce on Ebay also. Also, the video you are talking about was made by one of our own Ape City favorites: Stickman

You know, I like G.I. Joe! I still have mine from when I was a kid and some of my brothers 12inch Joes. But G.I. Joe is Hasbro! Sideshow can surely come up with making better items than the Joe line. To me, that is Hasbros baby and all hands should be off. Come on Sideshow, leave the other company toy lines alone and give us more Planet of the Apes!

Morning Simians!!
I voted for Stick, did you?
Like the AO console paint but not very fond of the Zaius work.
Reasonable prices on the POTA figures is getting harder to find.
And, I got sniped on a human Spike figure again last night.
Lousy human bastards!!

Angel are you back in town?

I didn't realize Stickman's video was out. I'm going to check it out and vote for it.

Enaud-I completed your Julius outfits last night.

Kent-I sent your envelope out first class mail, and I did put your apartment number on it. Maybe Monday. Sometimes things take longer to get to you but I don't know why that is.

I just bought another $50 in various paints while in New York and then some more while in Baltimore. I'm really looking forward to getting back home and doing some painting! Between the painting, staining [washing] and drybrushing I'm very determined to get some really good skin tones for Armando, the chimps and organutans!

My mom re-arranged my stuff, so I can't find the batch of new paints I bought from the fabric store. I hate that!! :monkey4

The new fabric store opened!! (A large Joanne Fabrics) :banana I checked it out on Friday, and although it's big and everything, they didn't have all their fabrics out yet. They officially open on July 24, but I was dying to see how it looked. Have to get used to the layout, but I couldn't find any fabric I wanted.

I just voted. Good luck to Stickman. His video is the only one that shows definite love and a whole ton of sweat equity.

Back