Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protozaius said:
Today is this thread's 1st Anniversary!!! :fest

With over 800 replies... that averages to be about two posts a day!

Surely, that's worth a few Dancin' Chewies and some fireworks!

And don't forget these:
:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
to show how we feel about Sideshow having forgotten us.

Happy Anniversary Ape Thread!!:fireworks

A year without apes, make ape fans feel...:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Please SideShow more APES! :horse

Ironman1188 said:
Hey Stickman!! That horse you're beating?.....is that the one Sideshow never gave us?? :monkey3

:mwaha It sure could be cool huh?. A Gorilla horse with saddle, saddlebags, rope, and net.

Has anyone dealt with patchesofpride.com ?
I was thinking of having them do an Ape Flag for me. Hehe.

How's that Slave Wagon coming?

Hey it's my 500th POST :fest :fireworks :elefant :duff :medic

stickman said:
:mwaha It sure could be cool huh?. A Gorilla horse with saddle, saddlebags, rope, and net.

Has anyone dealt with patchesofpride.com ?
I was thinking of having them do an Ape Flag for me. Hehe.

How's that Slave Wagon coming?

Hey it's my 500th POST :fest :fireworks :elefant :duff :medic

My wagon actually got put on the back burner for a while as other things got prioritized. As for the Ape flag? I actually have one that I'm going to try printing. I'm just waiting for the right, printable material. If it works I'll send you one.

Ironman1188 said:
My wagon actually got put on the back burner for a while as other things got prioritized. As for the Ape flag? I actually have one that I'm going to try printing. I'm just waiting for the right, printable material. If it works I'll send you one.

Me, too? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

It's funny... ever since I mentioned that I bought the Zaius Exclusive recently because I didn't know it was still available, there has been a intermittent banner link to the figure at this very Freak Board site.

Thanks, Dave... for advertising for the good doctor! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Ironman1188 said:

I hope you don't forget to send the old Doc here one.:monkey5
Which flag is it? Is it the one from Beneath or the TV series?

The General always takes care of his troops. :maul
PZ, you're right, after you came back and showed off that awesome Jailor picture, the Mighty Dave has blessed this site with the honorable Dr. Z banner! Sell Dr. Z, Sell!

This one would be great for the TV series release - :chew
apeflag.jpg

From the website:
This is a gorilla flag from the Planet of the Apes television series. These can be seen throughout several episodes Usually in the offices of a gorilla garrison or police head quarters.

Did the Julius kitbash selling on ebay finally sell? How much? It would be cool for SS to release a Julius, using a rubberized torso like they have with Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Mutant, Jason pt7, Dream Warriors Freddy. Hmm, maybe if the Ape line got back on track. This figure would pose to be quite challenging, and be quite collectable.

I also want to make a few more bone whistles, any suggestions?

Last edited:
First the Zaius banner link... now this week's newsletter contains a review of the Dr. Zaius Exclusive. The figure is nearly 2 years old and NOW gets reviewed? I'm not complaining... any exposure people get to help sell this wonderful figure I'm open for. It's just strange. :confused:

Here's the link to that review:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1914&source=082406news

The review is of course positive (how could it not?) but is strangely written. Sideshow, if you want a glowing, well written review of your Ape products, you know where you can find me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
First the Zaius banner link... now this week's newsletter contains a review of the Dr. Zaius Exclusive. The figure is nearly 2 years old and NOW gets reviewed? I'm not complaining... any exposure people get to help sell this wonderful figure I'm open for. It's just strange. :confused:

Here's the link to that review:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1914&source=082406news

The review is of course positive (how could it not?) but is strangely written. Sideshow, if you want a glowing, well written review of your Ape products, you know where where you can find me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I have to agree with you that the review was strangely written. I even
left a comment after it.
I am sure there are many people such as yourself who could have written
a much better and understandable review. The pictures with the review
were odd as well and did not show the figure to it's advantage.

Zaius Kicks ass though!!!

I disagree. The review is poorly written, not strangely written. It's less than professional.

Now, as to the Apes line, I must confess that until the other day I'd only had one Apes figure. That was back in the days before I embraced repainting, and because the paint was a letdown, I sold the figure. It was Forbidden Zone Taylor! :monkey2 But earlier this week the opportunity came up to buy Zaius (reg) and Zira for $20 each, and Cornelius for $32 on eBay, MISB. Now that I know paint can be enhanced, it was a welcome opportunity. So here I am, joining the most durable thread on the board. Can't wait for my POTA trio to arrive.

Thank you SS for the review, but why so late? Is is possible that the line is picking up again. Another strange tale is that the newsletter mentions that Slave Taylor is also sold out! :monkey5 But SS' website still has him and Nova posted as second chance. Over the last 2-3 months we've seen the Generall, Beneath POTA Taylor, and now Slave Taylor sellout! I like the sound of it, but I'm getting a little nervous, maybe I don't have enough. Once these figs sell, they will be extremely hard to get later. :monkey2

I've said this before and will say it again, I think PZ should write up the reviews for the Ape line.:D

Yes, It does seem that the POTA line is only now getting the attention from Sideshow that it should have enjoyed from the start. And if you need any reviews of the line Sideshow.....you need only ask. :monkey3

Ironman1188 said:
Yes, It does seem that the POTA line is only now getting the attention from Sideshow that it should have enjoyed from the start. And if you need any reviews of the line Sideshow.....you need only ask. :monkey3

I agree with you Ironman. The Ape line didn't get the attention from Sideshow that Star Wars and LOTR are getting. I am hoping that this sudden increase in sells will convince Sideshow to release more Apes. I would even like to see a low addition Inclusive release if that is what it takes to release more in this line. Hopefully we will se a Virdon and Burke that looks like the actors on the show. I would like to see a Slave attitre Virdon and Burke and Galen all released in the same package but that may be asking to much for one package.

I am afraid to get my hopes up.
There are so many great figures left
to be created. Albina for one!!!!

dr2red said:
I am afraid to get my hopes up.
There are so many great figures left
to be created. Albina for one!!!!

I would like to see her and the other two Mutants released. I heard that SS almost not made the Jailer due to lack of sales with the Ape line and now look, he commands about $15.00 + on Ebay. I think if they did a low number run on the rest of the main Mutants that they wouls sale out and encourage the sell out of the Mutant Leader also. But, that is my thoughts any way.

Dr_Zaius said:
I heard that SS almost not made the Jailer due to lack of sales with the Ape line and now look, he commands about $15.00 + on Ebay.

Shouldn't there be a "0" in there somewhere, Doc? :D

I thought the Jailor was just a quick (and some would say "dirty":rolleyes: ) way to maximize the income from putting a Mutant figure into production... since the two figures are identical in every way except for the mask.

Double dipping, anyone? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
The Zaius review is front and center again on the SS mainpage.
They are really pushing this review.
I wonder why?

Back