Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jess! I sent your duplicate vest back earlier also! Great minds think alike.:rolleyes:

OK! Here is a "What if" scenario? What if the producers of the show allowed Dodge, Landon, and Stewart to live well into the first or even the second Movies? Could a colony been established, or could humans been able to oppose Ape reign? Any thoughts?:confused:

It would have been great if Taylor could have secured his handgun and then used it during the hunt scene. Man, would the Apes have been surprised.

Hot off the apevine...Sticks, are you near this place?

Grand Illusion Theatre

Friday July 18 to Thursday July 24

PLANET OF THE APES
> Dir: Franklin J. Schaffner
> 1968 / Color / 112 min. / Cinemascope

Double Barrel: Two Sc-Fi Shotgun Blasts of Heston!

Sponsored by Scarecrow Video

Brand New Print!

Professor Fred Thompson will introduce Fri & Sat 8.45pm shows!

Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowall star in this legendary science fiction masterpiece. Astronaut Taylor (Heston) crash lands on a distant planet ruled by apes who use a primitive race of humans for experimentation and sport. Soon Taylor finds himself among the hunted, his life in the hands of a benevolent chimpanzee scientist (Mcdowall). Winner of an Honorary Academy Award for Outstanding Make-Up Achievement, Planet of the Apes is grand entertainment from its visually arresting beginning to the chilling final moment.

In Cinemascope

DAILY :6.30 & 8.45pm
SAT + SUN :SAT + SUN / 4pm

About The Grand Illusion

The Grand Illusion Cinema is the longest running independent cinema in the city, and has become a landmark of the film community. Non-profit film arts organization, the Northwest Film Forum, saved the theater from closure in 1997, remodeled it, and has presented literally hundreds of cinema classics and rarities there. A strong group of dedicated staff and volunteers, focus all attention and energy on the continued tradition of this treasured cinema.

Where are we?

We're located in Seattle's historic University District at: 1403 NE 50th ST. Seattle WA 98105. Please feel free to call us up at (206) 523-3935.

Do I know it? Of course I know the Grand Illusion.
IMG_3781a.jpg

I hosted the stop motion film fest when it was in Seattle on May 15th. I love the place. I wish I could be there to see these new prints. Unfortunately, I am in Connecticut, and will be here till Sept. 1st, at least. :monkey4

<sigh>
Got the redone Burke today. :(
He's still too small. Oh, she increased the size from chin to the top of the head from 34mm to 38mm, but the face is still noticeably "short". As his hair takes up a great deal of area perhaps an excellent paint job may save it from being too obvious but overall, I am not happy. Can't wait to hear her reply on Burke and on my requesting (again) a reply regarding Sawyer.
:banghead

I have seen the original pin-headed Burke! What a shame! I'm still waiting for mine so I could send it to the UK get re-sized!!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!
The email I sent her bounced back as undeliverable. Her site shows the same page for the first 8-9 pages. Not good signs. I sent her another message thru her site. Hopefully she responds.
:banghead:banghead:banghead

I sent a couple emails through Ada's site again stressing my concern for a corrected Burke and Sawyer. I too have interest in two Burkes, One Sawyer, One Brent, One Morgan Freeman and other Lost Chartacter sculpts. I think that Ada needs more of us sending emails to appeal to a corrected Burke and Sawyer sculpt. Thanks, Kent.:monkey4

If Ada ever answers the many e-mails from all you guys, I hope she agrees to fix all these sculpts for each of you. If she agrees to fix them, everyone can move on and possibly forget about the aggravation and disappointment that she's caused all of you.

I'm tired of reading about all that she's messed up... She wore me out with The Armando Project. :rolleyes:

Angel, it's late...you're still on!

I went to the store to get some more flesh-colored paints (because my mom swears she can't remember the bag of paints I had that she put away)...I only spent $8. I was going to try to paint some today but I ended up sewing a pair of those Mego jeans because they are so easy to make...and then I struggled a bit with the Cornelius jacket. I had to hand-sew one of the sleeves to baste it and then go over the stitches with my sucky sewing machine. It looks better! I was just on the computer to check out the photo reference, because I want to make sure I get the collar correct.

Hi Jess - Yeah, I'm still up. I was just digging up some Armando pictures for all the guys over at the Ghostbusters thread. They're about to get a Bill Murry (or is it Murphy???) sculpt from Ada.

I had to show them pictures of the "scaling issues" I had with Armando.

Did any of you guys ever post any pictures of your tiny little head sculpts? I'd like to see how far off the scaling was on Burke and the others...

I have not tried to contact Ada again. If she could at least send me the pin-headed Burke so I can get it fixed...Ironman, do you still have your Burke? Do you want to send it to me so I can try to get it fixed?

I'm getting a set of raw appliances to play with (expensive toy!!)...so the flesh toned paints that I bought today will be put to good use.

Here's the photo...her scale was way off. I mean, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY offffffffffffffffffffffff......

Planetoftheapespics011.jpg

Hi Jess - Yeah, I'm still up. I was just digging up some Armando pictures for all the guys over at the Ghostbusters thread. They're about to get a Bill Murry (or is it Murphy???) sculpt from Ada.

I had to show them pictures of the "scaling issues" I had with Armando.

Did any of you guys ever post any pictures of your tiny little head sculpts? I'd like to see how far off the scaling was on Burke and the others...

I've been lurking occasionally on that thread...good luck to them, is what I always grumble.

Back