Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmm! I guess no answers to my questions about Ada's email and the Sideshow sculpt means a no then!:monkey4

Got the same email from Ada. I'm skeptical until she answers what she is going to do about Sawyer and Milla. I'll deal with the Bishop hair difference, for now at least.
No, I don't see Dodge in that sculpt.

Kfog--I don't see Dodge (or Landon) in that sculpt either. I was waiting for others to chime in first...since I don't consider myself an expert.

Yes, Angel--the new tool for me is a pin. I used the head of the pin to dot the pattern with 3D paint, as opposed to the sharp end of the pin. Works amazingly well. I'm going to try to re-do a Dr. Zaius minister of science glyphs...and see how it turns out.

Last edited:
I have given up on Ada. I no longer wish to contact her. She has not sent me anything, pin-headed or not. She must be hurting for cash to offer such a good deal on her sale. But, when you are a grouch and have no customer service, what do you expect?

Last edited:
Giclee print, I believe for sale in the UK for over $200/print. I wouldn't mind having this one, but it's way over my rootbeer budget. This is such a striking image.

2544229613_b0dab557df.jpg

I did not think so either, but it is so hard to find a nice Sideshow figure with beard and Mustache that I would give it a try. Oh well, I will have to sell him then. Thanks to all that responded, Kent.:peace

Hello Jess! I received the other Burke Vest today and think that it is awsome. I like the poofier material and it looks a little more like the one on the TV show. Burkes Vest almost looks like a terry cloth "type" material and if we could make the custom vests the exact color as the TV version, then you could sell those on ebay. It is allmost like a light creamy yellow color if that makes sense. :D

Hmmmmmmm! I guess no answers to my questions about Ada's email and the Sideshow sculpt means a no then!:monkey4

I got that one.She sends me solicitations about every week or so since I bought a head from her off ebay.The offer sounds nice but from what I've read here(& other message boards)about her having more "misses" than "hits"....I'm not about to gamble 2 tanks of gas on the odds that maybe 4 out of the 12 heads will be usable.

I totally agree! I mean, I am interested in the Brent, Burke, Sawyer, and Morgan Freeman. But, who knows if they are the correct dimensions or not. Ironman is right about there being a difference when it is also the Burke face that is too small. Why can't Ada just listen to the collecting public and create a solid bond of trust that would last a life time and also make Him a lot of money?:confused:

Enaud, did you see the Burke sculpt, the one I posted? It's from one of my friends in the UK who ordered one from Ada. He painted it himself, it could be better, but no paint could right that wrong.

Looking at it again...just ....ooof...I'm speechless....WTF????

Planetoftheapespics011.jpg

Hi Jess! Is that the first or second Burke sculpt offered. I actually like the second one myself. I am so confused as to which is which, I am idle as to what to do!:duh

Hi Jess! Is that the first or second Burke sculpt offered. I actually like the second one myself. I am so confused as to which is which, I am idle as to what to do!:duh

This is the first Burke sculpt.
Ironman said there is a second one, and even that is too small but I have not seen it.

Jess-As Gradey Wilson would say-Good gooooddly mooooodly!That looks like a mego head on a sideshow body.Maybe 50 even coats of paint on the face would be enough build up to somewhat bring it up to scale:lol

kfog-brent is the head that I got from her off ebay.I think it looks great.If you want,I could send or post you a pic of it next to another SS head for comparison.

Regarding the Burke sculpt--I have heard from the apevine that it's too big for Mego scale, so it would have to fit an FC body...

Back