Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horrible sculpt, horrible scale and horrible paint! Get your moneys back.

I'm seated to the right of you Jess. Even increasing its size it would be off because the neck is already too wide. I'll send my mini one to you if you want it. Just LMK.

Yes, please Ironman...send it to me...I didn't realize you were seated right next to me. I guess I couldn't see you from the steam coming out of my ears and couldn't hear you from me grinding my teeth...The neck is not a big deal. I want to get it fixed because at this point it looks so stupid...

Last edited:
Here's the first painted Armando sculpt I’ve finished. (I now have three more Armando’s to paint.)

I put Armando head on a Dragon body. He is now wearing his CONQUEST outfit.

This one belongs to Brian, a friend back who commissioned me back when The Armando Project was first conceived.

Last edited:
Angel, Bravo!! The Armando looks great as well as the orangutans! Fantabuloso! Yummilicious!!! You did well!!

Hi All! Hey Angel, those Orangutan and Armondo painted sculpts look great.
Also, has anyone else received email from Ada regarding this:

This Special sale will end in July 23, 2008!
You can choose any unpaint heads in the online store and they are all Buy 6 get 6 Free!. Free Shipping.
https://www.wantedactionfigure.com/shop.asp
Pls add 6 heads to your shopping cart, and state the another 6 free heads you want in the personal information remark in my website when you check out before you pay thru paypal.

or you can send US150 directly into my paypal account: [email protected] and state all 12 heads in the remark.
:confused:

Photos for sale on Ebay that I haven't seen before:

7211_1.jpg

3c74_1.jpg

2fe8_1.jpg

2345_1.jpg

ed84_1.jpg

bd0c_1.jpg

I would like to make this Sideshow figure a Dodge. What does everybody think of this sculpt and if not Dodge, who? Thankyou, Kent.:confused:

Angel - The flesh paint on Armando is perfect. The next one you paint, will you post a picture before you put the eyeliner on? I'm curious to see what he would look like without it.

I just mounted this newly painted orangutan head on the SideShow body with apoxy. Thanks for the ape head Snickertown. :)

Angel I think you should rework his glyphs with a simple orangutan one, not as fancy as the Minister of Science glyphs...and he will be perfect.

I encountered a cool new tool for the glyphs, and I was able to make nice ones for a Mego-sized Julius with 3D paint. I think that's the way to go for Megos. I used a pin to paint the hieroglyphs. Too bad I didn't take any photos before I sent it on its merry way. I'm eyeing my President of the Assembly Mego-scale. I want to try to get started on his crazy outfit.

As far as Cornelius's jacket, the basic shell is there. I still need to add the collar, and then will add lining (looks more professional with lining, plus it will keep him warmer)...wish me luck. Thanks for the photo references. They were great.

Hey Ironman - I saw your name on a list indicating you were interested in the Bill Murry sculpt from Ada. I hope this sculpt works out for you and the other Ghost Busters fans.

Thanks!! I am always interested in new sculpts, POTA or not. There's always a use for stars and background characters.
Your new apes look great. They really bring some needed variety to Central City. Armando's good too!!

Angel I think you should rework his glyphs with a simple orangutan one, not as fancy as the Minister of Science glyphs...and he will be perfect.

I encountered a cool new tool for the glyphs, and I was able to make nice ones for a Mego-sized Julius with 3D paint. I think that's the way to go for Megos. I used a pin to paint the hieroglyphs. Too bad I didn't take any photos before I sent it on its merry way. I'm eyeing my President of the Assembly Mego-scale. I want to try to get started on his crazy outfit.

As far as Cornelius's jacket, the basic shell is there. I still need to add the collar, and then will add lining (looks more professional with lining, plus it will keep him warmer)...wish me luck. Thanks for the photo references. They were great.

Jess- is this new tool you're refering to a "pin"???

Hmmmmmmm! I guess no answers to my questions about Ada's email and the Sideshow sculpt means a no then!:monkey4

Back