Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jim, Mark, Steve, Jessica, Kent, Chris, Michael, and all new Ape freaks.

I'm currently at my parents in CT, and will be here for maybe another two months. I have missed you all very much. I havn't been around for a while, I really needed a break, I'm sure you can all understand. I hope everyone is doing well. I stopped over at SS' site and saw that they finally put those videos up. It was great watching them. I really look forward to first, second, and third place. Thank you all for you help and votes.

This computer is pretty slow and it sure is hot here. I'll try to check in more often as it sure will be great for me to catch up and hear about any new projects.

Sincerely,

Your friend - Adam

Someone here should try to make this Protozaius orangutan. What do you guys think? I know I'd like to have him in 1/6 scale.

ANG- If you're looking for a pro I just landed a new sculptor by the name of Daniel Horne. The guy is amazing and has drawn a ton of magazine covers but he's expen$ive. The price is $300. Below is a link to some of his work. His Peter Boyle Frankenstein is outstanding.

https://web.mac.com/danielhorne/Site/Daniel_R._Hornes_Model_Kits.html

Sticks - Luv the commercial. I voted and I'm getting friends and hangers-on to vote too. Keep pushing!

Jess - Your artist friend is amazing. Following up Ang's question: Did he design his appliance himself?

Last edited:
Sticks--you have been missed. I am getting all my cyber friends/family to vote. You are still ahead, but we need to remind those who have not taken the time to see your masterpiece and vote for Video #15. That's the winner in my book.

Angel, I wouldn't mind getting a sculpt of that prototype Zaius orangutan 1:6 scale. That's a neat idea!! Apemania is the one I am getting the mask from, not this guy.

Snick--the guy who sculpted the Cornelius face...is different from the one who wore the makeup (Dan). The guy who wears the makeup is my neighbor (he lives one exit away). His friend, the one who did the sculpting, lives in Napa (maybe 30 miles away) I AM SO STOKED!! Dan said he bought Bill Blake's Cornelius outfit from Paula Crist in the 80s. It was cut from the same bolt of cloth that the rest of the chimp outfits were cut from in the 1968 movie. I better try to contain myself when I first see that costume...

I LOVE MY LITTLE PLANET OF THE APES UNIVERSE I LIVE IN!!!

Last edited:
STICKS... Glad to hear all is well with you, Jess is right you have been missed. I'm glad you have returned to us.

Now about your film... The concept was great, you hit the Sideshow commercial requirement out of the park. Nice touch where Ursus says he is not a simple soldier and goes on to describe the number of points of articulation he has. Nicely written well animated and the production values and lighting.... SUPERB!!!

The down side (and my weakness also) Sound. The person who did the voices did it well. The problem was that the overall sound seemed to me to lack depth. This was probably due to the type of mic you used and how it was equalized. At least that is what my audio type co-workers would say. They would also say it sounded thin. You could also have added some birds, wind, etc. as secondary tracks at a low level.

Overall... an 11 out of 10.

Good luck my friend!

Snick--the guy who sculpted the Cornelius face...is different from the one who wore the makeup (Dan). The guy who wears the makeup is my neighbor (he lives one exit away). His friend, the one who did the sculpting, lives in Napa (maybe 30 miles away) I AM SO STOKED!! Dan said he bought Bill Blake's Cornelius outfit from Paula Crist in the 80s. It was cut from the same bolt of cloth that the rest of the chimp outfits were cut from in the 1968 movie. I better try to contain myself when I first see that costume...

I LOVE MY LITTLE PLANET OF THE APES UNIVERSE I LIVE IN!!!

You have a regular Central City going on. We need to pool our cash together and have photos of you and your neighbor taken down at Malibu Creek.

Bill told me years ago that one of his costumes came straight from the POTA locker at Western Costume and one was stolen only to be recovered by the police.

Hey Sticks!! great to hear from you. Glad all is well. Your video is still the best and hopefully will rock Sideshow into submission and have them revive the license.
Snick, Jess - you guys are so lucky to know Bill and Paula and folks that due all the 1:1 POTA. I remember reading the Marvel mag articles on Paula and Bill and thinking how lucky they were to be doing all that crazy ape stuff. I remember that they did another set of characters, like more sci-fi apes and I always wanted to see video of that....
<sigh>

Good morning all. Thank you all for the warm welcome back. I have a busy day today, and it's going to be a scorcher. Me and some friends are going clamming later. WooHoo.

Jom, I totally agree with you about the sound, that is the number one complaint. I did add a few birds. I used the on board mic off of my Canon XLs. Good mic but not something you would use for this job. I was in a rush back then because I had to return back east in April/May and was very concerned that I would get it done so I completed it before my trip. It was rushed. Copyright issues was also a huge concern of mine, as you all know. I have a few questions about one of the entries in there. I thought the Lightsaber sound and the Indy Music was copyrighted? But, I'm not a lawyer and wouldn't know. I just don't see any toys using those sound bites outside of Star Wars light sabers. :gun:maul

Steve, I'm not sure if this peice will help us Ape fans. SideShow didn't even use a screen shot for their "Figure It Out" banner. I would have thought that they would have used a MCU of the General, but they chose not to, and honestly, some of those video's shouldn't even be in there.

There's always next time. Hopefully we can all work on something together.

Michael- Producer
Jim- Director/Camera
Steve- Writer/continuity
Mark/Chris/John - Prop design
Jess/KFog - Costumes
Adam - Film/lighting/ sound:horror
Best movie ever made! :banana:wacky

Hey Sticks!! great to hear from you. Glad all is well. Your video is still the best and hopefully will rock Sideshow into submission and have them revive the license.
Snick, Jess - you guys are so lucky to know Bill and Paula and folks that due all the 1:1 POTA. I remember reading the Marvel mag articles on Paula and Bill and thinking how lucky they were to be doing all that crazy ape stuff. I remember that they did another set of characters, like more sci-fi apes and I always wanted to see video of that....
<sigh>

Bill has a ton of great POTA stories. He worked uncredited on Conquest and he did the make-up on Logan's Run. I'm not sure what he's up to these days. I used to call him every now and again to see if he was alright but I haven't heard from him in years.

I have yet to meet Bill Blake. Snick, you should try to get a hold of him again!! Not sure if Dan knows him, but he purchased Bill's costume from Paula Crist. Dan and I are going to meet for coffee one of these weekends, him being my neighbor and all...

I have yet to meet Bill Blake. Snick, you should try to get a hold of him again!! Not sure if Dan knows him, but he purchased Bill's costume from Paula Crist. Dan and I are going to meet for coffee one of these weekends, him being my neighbor and all...

That's a good idea. I'll give Bill a call. Maybe tonight. I'll let you know if he calls back.

You'll have to let us know how your meeting with Dan goes. It sounds exciting.

Hello Jim, Mark, Steve, Jessica, Kent, Chris, Michael, and all new Ape freaks.

I'm currently at my parents in CT, and will be here for maybe another two months. I have missed you all very much. I havn't been around for a while, I really needed a break, I'm sure you can all understand. I hope everyone is doing well. I stopped over at SS' site and saw that they finally put those videos up. It was great watching them. I really look forward to first, second, and third place. Thank you all for you help and votes.

This computer is pretty slow and it sure is hot here. I'll try to check in more often as it sure will be great for me to catch up and hear about any new projects.

Sincerely,

Your friend - Adam

What's up Brother? Long time, no here. Glad to have you back dude. I was one of all here that voted for you on sideshow. Your talent is very well received here and appreciated. Later, Kent.:monkey1:monkey5

Bill has a ton of great POTA stories. He worked uncredited on Conquest and he did the make-up on Logan's Run. I'm not sure what he's up to these days. I used to call him every now and again to see if he was alright but I haven't heard from him in years.

Wow, that is very interesting indeed. Did you ever get a chance to read any of them? You should give your friend a call. Life's too short.

Hey that's cool. Lucky you!

What's up Brother? Long time, no here. Glad to have you back dude. I was one of all here that voted for you on sideshow. Your talent is very well received here and appreciated. Later, Kent.:monkey1:monkey5

Hey Kent,

Thanks a lot buddy. Off to the beach soon.

Wow, that is very interesting indeed. Did you ever get a chance to read any of them? You should give your friend a call. Life's too short.

I'll call Bill. I never met him but some how ended up with his phone number. He loves to talk apes and I luv to ask questions.

I'm outta here and will update you if I hear anything.

Hello Jess! Here are the two Burke Vests that I received from you! Let me know if one is supposed to be another material? Thankyou, Kent.:confused::rolleyes:

Back