Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess-As Gradey Wilson would say-Good gooooddly mooooodly!That looks like a mego head on a sideshow body.Maybe 50 even coats of paint on the face would be enough build up to somewhat bring it up to scale:lol

kfog-brent is the head that I got from her off ebay.I think it looks great.If you want,I could send or post you a pic of it next to another SS head for comparison.

Hi Enaud! A comparison pic here would be great! Thanks, Kent.:D

Regarding the Burke sculpt--I have heard from the apevine that it's too big for Mego scale, so it would have to fit an FC body...

What's a FC body? Also, Ada should realise that just because you may be an Ape heads, doesn't mean that you don't collect other sculpts in another Genre.:rolleyes:

Oh Well, I guess these stand in Burke and Virdon figures will have to do for now! Jess, your outfits are outstanding as I have said before. Check em out all! :monkey5

Kfog, your Burke head looks better than what I bought (which hasn't arrived yet)! Who did you use?

And I think his belt only goes around the shirt, not the vest...

The mocassins on Virdon look so cute!!

I just mounted this newly painted orangutan head on the SideShow body with apoxy. Thanks for the ape head Snickertown. :)

ANG - You're welcome! All of the heads look great and Armando turned out really well.

KFOG - That Landon head could work. It depends how crazy you want to get with it.

JESS/KFOG - Sorry to hear about the misadventures with Ada. My replacement Burke heads are at the postoffice. I'm not expecting much. We'll see even if the head is little small we can swap bodies.

Duane/Kfog...Angel posted the Brent sizing comparison here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36557&page=9

FC...I can't remember what the heck that is...it's a nine-inch figure.
Thanks Jess.It took me a while to go through the bill murrey thread since the link didn't go right to the pic in question that Angel posted there,but it was in there & I did find it.

kfog-It's post #306 if you haven't checked it out yet.

FC=Famous Covers...it was a super hero figure line that toybiz did about 10 years ago that were 9" scale

My brother, who is always on the look out for Ape pictures for me sent me this picture taken at the Fox Ranch back in early 1976.

cidpart1000608000107010tc1.jpg

This ship doesn't look, to me at least, to be the same spaceship used in Escape and the TV series. It looks much too big for that.

Any thoughts?

OMG! That is the coolest shot! Can you imagine seeing that thing in person?

ANG - Can you email me some wagon pix if you have them saved on your pc? If not no worries I'll keep using the dvds.

Kfog, your Burke head looks better than what I bought (which hasn't arrived yet)! Who did you use?

And I think his belt only goes around the shirt, not the vest...

The mocassins on Virdon look so cute!!

Hi Jess! It is a DML (Dragon Company)knight figure, but I can't remember his name. I will do some research and get back with you. Thanks, Kent.:banana

My brother, who is always on the look out for Ape pictures for me sent me this picture taken at the Fox Ranch back in early 1976.

cidpart1000608000107010tc1.jpg

This ship doesn't look, to me at least, to be the same spaceship used in Escape and the TV series. It looks much too big for that.

Any thoughts?

I bet if you posted this on the apes Yahoo group somebody there would be able to tell you...
I wonder if it still exists...???

Here is what Ada's response was to me after bring up complaints about the Burke and Sawyer sculpts!

"For the Burke, I have already changed the dimension to the correct size and replace the heads to all the customers who bought it.

No one compaint about Sawyer and it is the corect size. I do not know why you said these."

I bet if you posted this on the apes Yahoo group somebody there would be able to tell you...
I wonder if it still exists...???

JESS - The final destination of the ship is an unsolved mystery even for the Yahoo group. The last thing I heard was: it was purchased by a restaurant and the restaurant burned down and it's believed the ship was scrapped. Brian P. from apemania might know.

ENAUD - We're thinking the same thing. I can't get over how big it is. I think the reality of a 1:6 ship has crashed into the forbidden zone.

KFOG - Sorry to read Ada's response, but in all fairness, I'm usually sorry to read her responses. :lol

snick-hey man,if there is a will there is a way.Seeing how big it would be to scale,one would easily have to sacrifice some serious square footage in their basement or garage.Besides,in the 1st 2 films you only saw about 1/2 of the ships...you said the key word..."crashed".In Planet,the front 1/2 was sticking up above the water & in Beneath, the rear 1/2 was burned up & mangled.If you want to be all fickle about being movie accurate(as well as cut corners)...you only saw the front 1/2 of the ship.My guess in 1/6 terms(& cheating a little on actual scale)you're maybe looking at the size of a couch(?)....OK,a big couch.

I've seen guys do 1/6 scale Star Wars ships over the years & you want to talk about impressive.It would be awesome for an ape fan to give them a run for their money.

Last edited:
OK...I guess we are affecting the sales of Ada's casts...so from now on, I am not going to say anything. We are spreading rumours, and it's not fair to her...so from now on, I will just keep my mouth shut. I said I wasn't going to write to her anymore, but apparently I don't listen to my own self and said, one more chance...I guess I like to get kicked in the shins. So, if I said anything to say that her scale was off, my sincere apologies.

From now on, I will let photos do the talking about her sculpts...and let others see for themselves. She is still a great artist, but a little strong-willed and one who can do no wrong.

Last edited:
Back