Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just stalling. I need to hustle and finish up some sewing so I can cross this off my list. I have promised 3 ANSA outfits A LONG TIME AGO...and the guy probably is disappointed in me...but thankfully I found the two I started before, so I am doing the last one but it's currently giving me grief. I want to get these done and mailed soon.

Everyone see the Sideshow commercial featuring the apes figures? I'm glad it's winning. It's great.

snick-hey man,if there is a will there is a way.Seeing how big it would be to scale,one would easily have to sacrifice some serious square footage in their basement or garage.Besides,in the 1st 2 films you only saw about 1/2 of the ships...you said the key word..."crashed".In Planet,the front 1/2 was sticking up above the water & in Beneath, the rear 1/2 was burned up & mangled.If you want to be all fickle about being movie accurate(as well as cut corners)...you only saw the front 1/2 of the ship.My guess in 1/6 terms(& cheating a little on actual scale)you're maybe looking at the size of a couch(?)....OK,a big couch.

I've seen guys do 1/6 scale Star Wars ships over the years & you want to talk about impressive.It would be awesome for an ape fan to give them a run for their money.

ENU - I've never seen the 1:6 scale SW ships. I bet they are awesome. The tv POTA ship would be around 48". I'm not ruling it out making it...just yet.

JESS - The YouTube video is great. I'm dying to see more.

Good luck, Angel. I only have 2 each of Cornelius and Zira, and I play with them almost everyday. I can't bear to part with them although your Lawgiver heads are quite delicious.

If I recall - you just have to paint the LG head I already gave you. Right?

I received a really cool green shirt with the Rebel Ape on it! Thanks Jess! You did a great job at silkscreening that. I haven't forgot to send those iron-ons to you... it'll happen soon.

Yes, I have the LG head...floating on my Mego operating table, with the other ones I'm collecting!! Plus, I'm not sure if it will look as great as yours when done, so I haven't tried painting it yet. I still have to paint the chair you sent.

I have been trying to be a good girl, so don't tempt me!! I need bodies...but it will have to wait. I am focusing on the prize--my Apemania $tuff.

SNICK - I haven't forgot you. I have to get those for Jessica, you, and me... Give me a few days.

Whoops! I just sent you a pm on the same subject. You can delete it. I thought you missed the post and I don't want to come of as one of those...you know.

The new Burke head isn't working for me. I tried him on the SS Taylor body, a Gi Jane body, a Zaius body and a Hasbro body. I'm going to email Dr. Enlarger to see what he has to say.

I need additional bodies also Jessica.

I need one for my Armando, a Zira body for the new female chimp head that I just painted, a Cornelius body for a Generic chimp recently painted, and two bodies for Burke & Virdon so I can use the detailed human clothes you sent me!

I'm not allowed to use my paycheck (Denise's orders) and I have to sell these things in order for all this to happen.

ANG - I know the feeling about being short on bodies! I bought enough for Burke, Virdon and Armando but I'm short on Zira.

Sorry to hear about the "paycheck" decree.

Well, I'm off to SDCC tomorrow... with the the album in tow. I think it turned out rather well. HOwever, Mat Falls will only be there for the first two days of the Con so I got to act fast.

I hope I can bring home some good news. :D

PZ, Godspeed and safe journey. Enjoy. There will be some apes there, I hear.

Kfog--I received the extra vest today.

Here is what Ada's response was to me after bring up complaints about the Burke and Sawyer sculpts!

"For the Burke, I have already changed the dimension to the correct size and replace the heads to all the customers who bought it.

No one compaint about Sawyer and it is the corect size. I do not know why you said these."

So I guess I'm officially a nobody now.

Ok, I just sent her another email (the fourth now) regarding Sawyer and I added in the Milla and Bishop problems as well. Here's hoping for the best <crosses fingers & waits>

Last edited:
So I guess I'm officially a nobody now.

Ok, I just sent her another email (the fourth now) regarding Sawyer and I added in the Milla and Bishop problems as well. Here's hoping for the best <crosses fingers & waits>

Good luck. She's still mad at me too. She says we keep slandering her good name by spreading rumors about being off scale. Here's her e-mail word for word:

Because you guys keep saying my heads are in worng scale, it also even affect my sales in other of my heads. No sale at all in the Burke head.

I know hot to shrink or enlarge the head, he use Hydrospan or Hydroshrink. It is just you guys keep spreading the rumer that the size of my heads are wrong which affect all the sales of my heads.

I replied back a day or so ago. I told her that we love our apes and take them seriously, and though I do not have her sculpt in hand, I sent her that photo with her pin-headed Burke sculpt. I have not seen her reply. I am waiting to see how she will reply that the head is the correct scale. Whatever she's taking, I want some too...

Last edited:
Back