Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck. She's still mad at me too. She says we keep slandering her good name by spreading rumors about being off scale. Here's her e-mail word for word:

Because you guys keep saying my heads are in worng scale, it also even affect my sales in other of my heads. No sale at all in the Burke head.

I know hot to shrink or enlarge the head, he use Hydrospan or Hydroshrink. It is just you guys keep spreading the rumer that the size of my heads are wrong which affect all the sales of my heads.

I replied back a day or so ago. I told her that we love our apes and take them seriously, and though I do not have her sculpt in hand, I sent her that photo with her pin-headed Burke sculpt. I have not seen her reply. I am waiting to see how she will reply that the head is the correct scale. Whatever she's taking, I want some too...

Last night I took pix of Burke alongside Taylor's head and Brent's head. The head with that insane amout of hair makes it appear to be 1:6 but the face is way too small and too thin. The head width didn't change since the 1st sculpt. I forgot my camera or I'd post a photo of it. On the brightside, the neck width is perfect.

Jess- Thx for writing her.

I think that is our duty as a support for each other to list any concerns that may affect all of us concerning moneys paid or possibly paid for a sculpt that should be correct in scale and detail.
Ironman, I wrote Ada about the Sawyer problem because I am supporting you in getting this corrected. I also want one!:D
Jess, Snick, Angel! Give yourselves credit for just wanting to get a correct sculpt for everybody. This is America, not China! We have the right to express our opinion and the seller should be listened to. Why pay for something that is inferior and not up to standards. :flag
Now, come on Ada! Enlarge Burkes face, so that I can buy a couple. After I get back to work, that is!:rolleyes:

By the way, I really like this forum and thank Ironman again for starting it! Good job dude!:banana

Last night I took pix of Burke alongside Taylor's head and Brent's head. The head with that insane amout of hair makes it appear to be 1:6 but the face is way too small and too thin. The head width didn't change since the 1st sculpt. I forgot my camera or I'd post a photo of it. On the brightside, the neck width is perfect.

Jess- Thx for writing her.

Hello Snickertown! Can you list the two Burke sculpts and the Brent sculpt next to them. Thanks, Kent.:whip:horse:zzwhip

Good luck. She's still mad at me too. She says we keep slandering her good name by spreading rumors about being off scale. Here's her e-mail word for word:

Because you guys keep saying my heads are in worng scale, it also even affect my sales in other of my heads. No sale at all in the Burke head.

I know hot to shrink or enlarge the head, he use Hydrospan or Hydroshrink. It is just you guys keep spreading the rumer that the size of my heads are wrong which affect all the sales of my heads.

I replied back a day or so ago. I told her that we love our apes and take them seriously, and though I do not have her sculpt in hand, I sent her that photo with her pin-headed Burke sculpt. I have not seen her reply. I am waiting to see how she will reply that the head is the correct scale. Whatever she's taking, I want some too...

Hello Jess! Keep up the good work on those emails. You are just sticking up for all of us. Thanks, Kent.:clap:blah

Hello Snickertown! Can you list the two Burke sculpts and the Brent sculpt next to them. Thanks, Kent.:whip:horse:zzwhip

KFOG -Sure thing. I'll post it tomorrow. It's important for everyone to see that we're not just complaining to complain.

If I had extra resin I'd pour you a generic orangatan head in a heartbeat but I'm running on resin fumes. I'll get more but I don't know when.

Stick's commercial is still in the lead, but it has slimmed down to 39 votes. It was about 50 votes at its biggest lead... GO STICKS!!

Tomorrow I'm taking the Burke head to my sculptor. He thinks we can fix it. I'll need to get a wax cast of the head and he'll do the rest. Then it would be a matter of remolding and recasting.

Here's the photo...her scale was way off. I mean, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY offffffffffffffffffffffff......

Planetoftheapespics011.jpg

:rotfl That mini sized burke head looks so silly on a 1/6 scale body. :rotfl

:rotfl That mini sized burke head looks so silly on a 1/6 scale body. :rotfl

Well, Ada says that her scale is perfect, that we're to blame for the plummet of her sales, but I beg to differ!! Like I said, whatever she's taking, can I have some, too?

Oops! Forgot the pix.:eek:

Angel, I don't know if it's your new paints, your improving painting skills or a better camera, but the head sculpt you posted look great! Armando, looks like a professional paint job to me. The female chimp and orangutans also came out superb! You should repaint your Virgil sculpt and then show us how it comes out. I’m betting it would look even better than the picture you posted of him last year.

Oh Well, I guess these stand in Burke and Virdon figures will have to do for now! Jess, your outfits are outstanding as I have said before. Check em out all! :monkey5

Those human clothes that KFog received from Jessica look absolutely spot on! Way to hit it out of the park Jessica!:duff

Well, I'm off to SDCC tomorrow... with the the album in tow. I think it turned out rather well. HOwever, Mat Falls will only be there for the first two days of the Con so I got to act fast.

I hope I can bring home some good news. :D

Have fun at SDCC Protozaius!

Well, Ada says that her scale is perfect, that we're to blame for the plummet of her sales, but I beg to differ!! Like I said, whatever she's taking, can I have some, too?

I love it. The Planet of the Apes line didn't sale to Sideshows expetations so it is on the sideline (hopefully only for a little while) but a few Ape followers are enough to plummet Ada's sales????????? WILD!!!! I agree Jess. I would love some of what she is taking! By the way, I don't have one but I agree from the picture that the Burke head is too small. I won't get one so that will even plummet Ada's sales even more:rotfl!

The first two photos make Burke look like the proper size but keep in mind that Taylor/Brent are the perfect size. The last photo of Burke in the ANSA suit shows that the head is too thin.

I'm trying to get my camera to work so I can snap a few pix of the Burke's and Sawyer. Wait till you see how small he looks, and he has no puffy hair to build up the size.
She needs to start with a properly sized, generic head first and build from there. She isn't taking the time to realize that hair doesn't count as part of the size of a 1:6, or any sized sculpt. A bald guy or a guy with an afro, the basic face size should be comparable.
Sawyer doesn't even measure up to the size she lists in her pic, and notice there's no ruler there to back her up.
Unfortunately, as she's in the Orient, the likes of a BBB are not going to help so our choices may be few if she does not respond or if she refuses to correct her errors.
More soon,....

PS. Snick, did you ever send that package you had mentioned? No rush, I just hadn't received anything and didn't want someone else playing with my stuff. :D

Back