Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's Sawyer? I keep hearing about him, but I can't relate. Is it Tom? Ironman what's BBB?

Sawyer is a character from the TV series LOST
josh-holloway.jpg

I like the actor and his look will also fit in with other genres, including being lost on the Planet of the Apes.
BBB stands for the Better Business Bureau. Not a route I'd like to take.

Ok, here is a head comparison, using only Ada sculpts:
George Reeves head is the proper 1:6 size. You can clearly see that the faces of the other sculpts are TOO SMALL.

And here are some pix of the heads, all on the same 1:6 body.
Sorry for the blur on some, so much for auto focus:

IM - Thx for posting the pix. The head from Lost is WAY undersized! The last figure with Burke doesn't look too bad but knowing from experience once you get the clothes on him it will look horrible.

BTW, I haven't sent out the package yet.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotflThe new Burke head when it's put on a body...it looks like something from The Mask---as he's changing into different characters!

Dr. Zaius---we are a small community here, but our unity is our power. We do not spread rumours. We are serious fans who expect no less. If it's half ass, then nobody is happy (unless you're on whatever Ada's taking)...

Ironman, you need to locate the macro button on your camera. It should look like a flower or tulip. If you press that, then you can take really clear shots and more close-up too. The photos are really great...both from you and Snick and the camera does not lie, blurry or not. I am going to forward them to Ada if you do not mind. She is a great artist, but she needs to know that fluffing up the hair is not the key to getting the scale appropriate.

I'm trying to get my camera to work so I can snap a few pix of the Burke's and Sawyer. Wait till you see how small he looks, and he has no puffy hair to build up the size.
She needs to start with a properly sized, generic head first and build from there. She isn't taking the time to realize that hair doesn't count as part of the size of a 1:6, or any sized sculpt. A bald guy or a guy with an afro, the basic face size should be comparable.
Sawyer doesn't even measure up to the size she lists in her pic, and notice there's no ruler there to back her up.
Unfortunately, as she's in the Orient, the likes of a BBB are not going to help so our choices may be few if she does not respond or if she refuses to correct her errors.
More soon,....

PS. Snick, did you ever send that package you had mentioned? No rush, I just hadn't received anything and didn't want someone else playing with my stuff. :D

Ironman, my contact, Mr. Enlarger from the UK can make your Sawyer sculpt more to scale. You should send it to him to get resized appropriately. It doesn't cost that much, you would be surprised. That Sawyer sculpt is beautiful by itself, but would look stupid on a 1:6 figure.

Seeing the two Burke sculpts, I can see why I prefer the first one. The eyes are too close together on the Burke sculpt #2. I mean--it looks like he was stuck at the birth canal too long. Just look at it!!

I wrote a long e-mail to Ada again. Let's see what she says. I should remember to keep my shin guards on...and be on the ready for her retort....

I wrote a long e-mail to Ada again. Let's see what she says. I should remember to keep my shin guards on...and be on the ready for her retort....

Yes, way to go Jessica! I am with you all the way! Ironman sure did provide some great pics to show the incorrect scale of Sawyer and Burke. Way to go IM. By the way, I knew what you meant by BBB and "Lost" is one of my favorite Television shows. I own the first two seasons and expect to get the third after I get back to work. :banana

And here are some pix of the heads, all on the same 1:6 body.
Sorry for the blur on some, so much for auto focus:

I really like how the sculpts look as far as hair style and neck size, but how in the world can Ada not see that the scale is way off on the face. I mean, is it that She doesn't want to admit her mistake or that She is making so much money that She no longer has to deal with the so called "little" people. Our money spends the same and it is her resposibility to correct what is wrong with the sculpts or it just appears to be not respecting the comments of her customers. We all should be getting what we paid for without deception!:rolleyes:

One a positive note: The hair of Burke looks really good.

Unfortunately, with the face being that small that make him unusable in my book. This pin headed figure is not worth buying, and is a waste of money if already purchased. Sorry. :(

Hear, Hear! I totally agree!:duff

The first two photos make Burke look like the proper size but keep in mind that Taylor/Brent are the perfect size. The last photo of Burke in the ANSA suit shows that the head is too thin.

Hi Snickertown! A very nice showing. Between your and IM'S pictures, Ada should get the point. Unless She is still smoking something a little too strong for the system.:rotfl

Hi Snickertown! A very nice showing. Between your and IM'S pictures, Ada should get the point. Unless She is still smoking something a little too strong for the system.:rotfl

KFOG - Thx! I finally learned how to operate my camera.

JESS - Thx again for writing Ada. BTW, my sculptor said the same thing about Burke's eyes being too close. You must have the eyes of Michalangelo.

I am thinking that once I have Mr. Enlarger get the Burke#1 sculpt to appropriate 1:6 scale, I can always shave/rasp down the massive quarterback neck. That will be an easy fix.

Unfortunately, her business problems are the simains of Central City. Where else should we share our problems?

Hear hear, Ironman!! We were shown the exit signs while at the Bill Murray Ada Chan sculpt thread to get our hineys back up to Central City...

Back