Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure yet who you would buy it from...from Mr. Enlarger or me or Snick...I don't know. Whatever is the path of least resistance...

I'm with you Jess. Getting it fixed is our only priority.

ENUAD - Wha? How? Who? Where did that come from? The wagon is amazing! Great job. Do the ship next!

Last edited:
I just lurk her occasionally but some of you somewhat know me, figure my ape friends should benefit :) CC8-CCON8-M4FH4PKH $50 giftcard from the con, already used one myself so first to use it enjoy!!

Thanks rentu...that was totally cool of you!!!!

Hi IM! Do the necks match on the Dragon bodies? They appear to! Thanks, Kent.:confused:

Each of Ada's heads comes with a rubber "washer" for lack of a better way to describe it. That "washer" fits over the top of the neck stud and then the head slides on over that. It eliminates having to glue the heads on. I haven't been able to use it on any Sideshow bodies as of yet because the neck stud on those sits doen into the shoulders and could cause rubbing against the paint on the sculpt. But, for DML bodies they are great.

Each of Ada's heads comes with a rubber "washer" for lack of a better way to describe it. That "washer" fits over the top of the neck stud and then the head slides on over that. It eliminates having to glue the heads on. I haven't been able to use it on any Sideshow bodies as of yet because the neck stud on those sits doen into the shoulders and could cause rubbing against the paint on the sculpt. But, for DML bodies they are great.

Very interesting! Thanks for the follow up IM, Kent.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the boards and have been customizing for years. Planet of the Apes is a HUGE passion of mine and I am always looking for new heads to use. I was wondering if anyone has cast 1/6 heads of gorilla soldiers other than the Sideshow version. I remember Ape Joe had some years ago but I was never fortunate enough to have purchased any.
Anyhow, just thought I would put the word out:)
Cheers!

:welcome to Central City, Mastermind!!:fireworks

I am holding the fort down...it seems all the big wigs of ape council are busy with their lives or are SDCC.

I :love Planet of the Apes and I admit that I still haven't outgrown my crush for Cornelius. I get all my ape goodness here, since it is lacking in many of the other forums. Lately, hanging out with everyone here, my obsession has gone up a notch. Glad to see you are here.

AngelofMusic2112 and Snickertown are two members that I know off the bat who have Gorilla head sculpts for 1:6 scale.

I am waiting for LittleSoldierBoy to come back and show me some of his Julius headsculpt goodness, to see how much he has done when he first came on board.

Alright Jess.....but just a peek.
frontwheel003.jpg
Ok,it's not Sideshow scale but still shares the ape spirit.:monkey5After being totally inspired by Angel's wonderful creation,Jess & I started chattering about how cool it would be to have one Mego scale.Still have a ways to go yet till completion,but it is starting to take shape.

That little ape wagon rocks! :rock

Welcome Mastermind.
I have a few of the ApeJoe figures. They pale in comparison to what is available today, but, at the time, were the only apes in town.
On the Ada front, I just received this email response:
I will fix Sawyer, but there is no problem with the Milla head, I will not fix it.

So, I sent her these pix in an email:

Ironman - That response from her can't make you feel to good. Ask her if you can return it for a complete refund.

By the way, on an unrelated topic, did you ever finish making Kyle Reese (Terminator) in his long jacket and sneakers? I'd love to see that finished. Just watched the movie and he was an awesome character!

By the way, what's an apejoe figure?

No, its not exactly what I wanted to hear but I'll take getting Sawyer right as a start.

Alas, Reese still awaits his finished head to return from the painter.

ApeJoe figures were custom POTA figures made on a 1960's GI Joe base body sold by a guy named Polo Moreno out of Mexico.
Bet you can spot them in this pic:

I remember ApeJoe.He use to run ads in Toy Shop way back when.I'm thinking that I saw a website of his stuff(?) a long time ago when I 1st got online.

I'm even kicking around the idea of making a mold of Prisoner Taylors feet so all the barefooted humans will have cool looking feet!):D
Thats a killer idea.Can SS figures' feet come off as easilly as their hands?....I never thought to try.
That little ape wagon rocks! :rock
Coming from someone who has dished out some pretty incredible customs,that's really incouraging for me.Thanks Mark.

glad the card got some use :monkey5 better go and vote again as Sticks has been bumped into second place today!

I remember ApeJoe.He use to run ads in Toy Shop way back when.I'm thinking that I saw a website of his stuff(?) a long time ago when I 1st got online.

That's right, Polo used to sell through Toy Shop magazine. I am pretty sure that He lived in the Bay area, because I used to buy custom 1/6th Military items from Him. He just took too long to complete an order. He also used to have a website, but I have not seen that for years.

I've been off the computer all day. What happened? I don't get it...why 2nd place? That sucks. Contact everyone you know and have them vote...PLEASE!!!

Less than 10 minutes to vote for Stickman's video #15...we are under by one vote. This is SOOOOOOO stressful......

Holy smacks...less than 5 minutes left. I can't take it!!

Back