Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone find anything from the SDCC this year? The SW line looks pretty cool, but those prices are really starting to hinder my collection, so I think I will have to hold off from buying this year. I do Like the rebel Trooper though, simple yet cool.

Last night I watched the voting to the last minute and a little after as well. There was a point where it said that the contest was closed, but the vote tally kept going up. Definitely somebody was stuffing the ballot, but a few minutes after midnight, Sticks was up by five points.

In my book and the whole of Central City, Stick's was definitely the clear winner by a mile.

Angel--that's such a great idea about the feet! I was wondering how you were going to accomplish that. It makes total sense!! I hate the Barney Rubble feet on my figures.

Not be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but..... does anyone think it odd that in such a short time there was a 110 vote swing? Were folks able to vote more than once? :confused:

You should not have been able to, as you had to submit your name, last name, country and e-mail address. I wanted to definitely vote more than once, but I also did not want to spoil Stick's chances by having him disqualified because of that....so I never tried to vote more than once.

Today I was hoping to do a little bit of crafting, but we are going to a party this afternoon, so no such fun for me. I wonder how Enaud did with his project? That ape wagon was looking so well made...

WOW!

Calling All Ape Fans!!!

WE WON!!! WE WON!!!!

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Thank you all So much, and thank you SideShow!!!!!

:family:bananaSticks, I did some last-minute scrambling and called on my cousins and their friends, even my niece and her friends etc...my mom even voted on your behalf late last night before the poll ended...but we only voted ONCE per person...can you tell by how many votes you won by? And where can I find out? Is this really true? And if it is, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:fireworks

I just saw the Sideshowtoy website---to double-check on the good news, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Enaud, I think that Sideshow and their reps had already selected the first place winner, so the fan favorite video contest was a subcontest, from what I read late last night. But in any case, Sticks won fair and square, as he should have! I am so relieved and so proud of him!!

So what did Stickman actually win?

I see he won "fan favorite" and that he gets a $25 Sideshow Collectibles Gift Card for participating. [As do all the entries.] Is that all he gets for his hard work? :confused:

All the cool prizes went to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries... I think.

WOW!

Calling All Ape Fans!!!

WE WON!!! WE WON!!!!

Thank you all So much, and thank you SideShow!!!!!

Adam, that is so cool! Congratulations and I hope you won many prizes. Well deserved for all that hard work. It is time to celebrate your much deserved win!:banana:banana:banana:winner:winner:winner :ccheerlea:ccheerlea:ccheerlea

Welcome Mastermind.
I have a few of the ApeJoe figures. They pale in comparison to what is available today, but, at the time, were the only apes in town.
On the Ada front, I just received this email response:
I will fix Sawyer, but there is no problem with the Milla head, I will not fix it.

So, I sent her these pix in an email:

IM - Will the Milla head fit on a "Gi Jane" figure? Good luck with Ada fixing your Sawyer sculpt. You might want to send her a head of for sizing purposes.

JESS - Dr. Enlarger has sent me his address and I'll mail out Burke's head to be fixed today. He's getting the small Burke head. The revised Burke head is going to be cut in half and resculpted by my sculptor. At very least we'll have a choice. Then we sell them on ebay. :lol

Angel, here is Cornelius's Escape jacket--it's a start and a very early stage. Just wanted to let you know I'm plugging along with it, no matter how slow. Also, note that I made the checks match (kind of hard with the sleeves, but I did it!)

CorneliusEscape002.jpg

Hey, I just received an email from Ada saying that She corrected the Sawyer Head sculpt size to Match the Locke figure. :confused:

Last night I watched the voting to the last minute and a little after as well. There was a point where it said that the contest was closed, but the vote tally kept going up. Definitely somebody was stuffing the ballot, but a few minutes after midnight, Sticks was up by five points.

In my book and the whole of Central City, Stick's was definitely the clear winner by a mile.

Angel--that's such a great idea about the feet! I was wondering how you were going to accomplish that. It makes total sense!! I hate the Barney Rubble feet on my figures.

Thank you again Jessica. I've been telling everyone how powerful the Ape fans really are! You rock! :whip

So what did Stickman actually win?

I see he won "fan favorite" and that he gets a $25 Sideshow Collectibles Gift Card for participating. [As do all the entries.] Is that all he gets for his hard work? :confused:

All the cool prizes went to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries... I think.

Hey Angel, I'm not sure but I think I get a $200. gift card. :banana

Angel, here is Cornelius's Escape jacket--it's a start and a very early stage. Just wanted to let you know I'm plugging along with it, no matter how slow. Also, note that I made the checks match (kind of hard with the sleeves, but I did it!)

CorneliusEscape002.jpg

This outfit looks great Jessica!

Calling PZ! Please report to Central City!

Give us the lowdown on SDCC!!! :monkey1:monkey1

We all would love to here about SDCC, I wonder what really cool things we are in store for. I just read the FREAK front page and saw that SS had some very expensive items stolen at the convention. That is horrible! So uncool!:horror

Back