Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess everybody else at the MM knows I'm pretty much obsessed with Planet of the Apes...

I was very impressed with the hair on the mask, even if it's fake fur. Maybe I will wear it...but I'd prefer to be a girl for Halloween.

Oh...talk about Halloween...I am slowly putting my costume together. I just bought a metallic silver dress which I will cut up and re-sew. I'm going to be a Moonbase Babe from UFO.

I love UFO. I've been watching the series on DVD!! You have to post pix of you as Lt. Gay Ellis.
Is that mask able to be touched up to make it more realistic? One day I hope to have a full gorilla makeup/gear setup.

I believe that mask can be touched up to make it more realistic. If you use 3.3 elmer's glue or pros-aide, 3.3 acrylic paint, and 3.3 water, you can make a flexible paint perfect for masks. I will apply the paint with makeup sponge. I haven't tried it yet, but that's the formula I was given by a chemist friend who likes to paint Apemania masks!!

I really like that UFO series. I have the whole collection on DVD and have only seen one episode, but it's pretty good. I only bought it for "research" for my costume, but I like it as well. I already have my purple wig, I just have to trim the bangs...it'll be fun!! If the pictures don't look goofy I'll post them.

Here's what I'm hoping to aim for:

moonbabe.jpg

Last edited:
We all would love to here about SDCC, I wonder what really cool things we are in store for. I just read the FREAK front page and saw that SS had some very expensive items stolen at the convention. That is horrible! So uncool!:horror

I just wanted to let you know Adam that Sideshow had your Contest entry running on their monitors throughout the convention... every time it played there were always people stopping and looking at it in amazement. Sideshow Ape sculptor Mat Falls said that everybody at Sideshow was blown away by it... it was everybody's favorite to win and I'm glad it did.

Mat was also totally taken aback by all of the custom work you guys (and gals, Jess :D) had done that was compiled for the photo album. He seemed truly touched by the gesture. He really seemed to like Snick's re-working of the classic Dr. Zaius with added hair and gummi glyphs as well as the hunt leader. Angel's ape wagon left him speechless. He was VERY impressed with Angel's process of opening Ape mouths. At first he thought those shots were "photo-shopped". Finally, although he said that he wasn't a big fan of the later films, he was REALLY impressed with the detail of Jess's Escape costume. I told him that a matching Cornelius suits was forthcoming.

All during the time I was showing him the album, he talked about finding some way to post these pictures up at the Sideshow website. Wouldnt that be cool if this happened? :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Although he doesn't like to post here at the Sideshow Freak Board (I don't think he is even listed as a member) I did extend the invite to look and read the great POTA Mega thread that has been created from his efforts. Hopefully he will chime in sometime in the future. :D

Hey Proto, Did Matt mention anything about future Apes for Sideshow? Thanks, Kent.:monkey5

OMG OMG OMG!! I just spoke to Dan Morgan...my neighbor!! We're going to have coffee this Saturday...not only am I bouncing off the walls because I just had five espresso-laced cookies, but I'm so darn EXCITED!!!!!! I will let you know what the deal is with my future makeup plans...he and his friend Tom will be able to make something custom-made for me....OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although he doesn't like to post here at the Sideshow Freak Board (I don't think he is even listed as a member) I did extend the invite to look and read the great POTA Mega thread that has been created from his efforts. Hopefully he will chime in sometime in the future. :D

PZ - That is so cool! Thx! for the update.

Hey Proto, Did Matt mention anything about future Apes for Sideshow? Thanks, Kent.:monkey5

He did say that there is something in the works... but it is at the early stages it this moment.

Any details he gave me I felt they were given in confidence. :rolleyes:

Very cool PZ...I am glad to hear that something is in the works. Adam's video should be a testament to all the ape love that exists...

Hey Ironman, I received a random email from Ada stating that She will replace all Sawyer Heads that were bought from Her for the corrected version! Are you aware of this? Later, Kent.:D

This is truly great news Proto!

The news about Sticks' Film, to me, was the most heartening. I'm glad to see that quality is still noticed and appreciated.

Glad to hear that Angels Wagon, Snick's gummy glyphs and Jess' Escape outfit along with Sticks' ape city were so well received.

And something in the works... At least they are thinking about it... I hope that, whatever the project, it goes forward to production pieces,

Hey Ironman, I received a random email from Ada stating that She will replace all Sawyer Heads that were bought from Her for the corrected version! Are you aware of this? Later, Kent.:D

Thanks Kfog!! I was just catching up on my emails and had read that. Hopefully the photo I sent her of Milla will change her mind about fixin that one next.

Ironman, I thought you said Ada told you she wasn't fixing Milla...did you send her another e-mail? Are you still on her ignore list? I'm on her ignore list again...but whatever.

In the Ghostbusters Ada Chan thread, WST had mentioned that Ada will fix the Milla head. Check it out if you haven't already!!

Ironman, I thought you said Ada told you she wasn't fixing Milla...did you send her another e-mail? Are you still on her ignore list? I'm on her ignore list again...but whatever.

In the Ghostbusters Ada Chan thread, WST had mentioned that Ada will fix the Milla head. Check it out if you haven't already!!

I hadn't seen Milla mentioned as a fix in the GB thread. Last she told me it was fine, there was nothing wrong with the size of it. I sent her an email with the pix showing how off the size actually was and asking her to fix it as I've spent enough money and her not standing by her work and fixing Burke was enough of a loss for any customer.

I truly like the enthusiasm and the eagerness currently happening over at the GhostBusters thread. They all seem to be pulling together for some common goals. They all seem to be talking about current (and future) projects.

I wish we were more like that over here as a whole. It feels like we're all lacking “group goals” over here lately. Am I the only one who feels like this? This thread feels a little bit stale latley to me. Maybe I just need a break. It's probably just me.

Angel, please post what you are currently working on. I need some nice ape eye candy.

I am almost done with the ANSA outfits for the Megos.

I have to re-do the sleeves for Cornelius's suit. I didn't realize that there is a vented sleeve since the coat I based it on did not have that. I need to check out my husband's suits and see how they are made.

I guess we are lacking a common group goal. Everyone is working on their own ape customs and not working towards the same figure, as they are on the Ghostbusters thread.

Back