Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The five films - 'Planet Of The Apes', 'Beneath The Planet Of The Apes', 'Escape From The Planet Of The Apes', 'Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes', and 'Battle For The Planet Of The Apes' - have all been specially prepared for this release, including a never-before-seen in the US unrated version of 'Conquest of the Planet of the Apes'. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

https://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/pota/message/47883

:angelsmil

The five films - 'Planet Of The Apes', 'Beneath The Planet Of The Apes', 'Escape From The Planet Of The Apes', 'Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes', and 'Battle For The Planet Of The Apes' - have all been specially prepared for this release, including a never-before-seen in the US unrated version of 'Conquest of the Planet of the Apes'. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

https://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/pota/message/47883

:angelsmil

I didn't know that this Conquest version was even possible! Hope it's the true original version of the film and not some manufactured special edition like I'm told Fox did to Alien 3. It will be interesting to see how this verion was "restored".

Strange... there is no word on whether the Blu-Ray version of Battle is the longer version that was released on DVD recently.

Blu-Ray set looks fantastic.

planetoftheapes40yrsetbrd.jpg

planetoftheapes40yrsetopenbrd.jpg

That does look like a tidy little set. Looks like it might be time to buy a Playstation 3. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that this Conquest version was even possible! Hope it's the true original version of the film and not some manufactured special edition like I'm told Fox did to Alien 3. It will be interesting to see how this verion was "restored".

Strange... there is no word on whether the Blu-Ray version of Battle is the longer version that was released on DVD recently.

What did they do to Alien 3 Proto? I think CONQUEST will have the bloody sequences that were cut from the film. (That's what I'm hoping for!) Did you ever see the cards made by Inkworks? They had a couple of the bloody CONQUEST pictures on the collectors cards.

Angel, you've got eyes that are sharper than Jungle's!! Those look like Apemania apes to me...they do not look like the actors that we all know and love. I don't like that photo of Zira...

Angel, I wanted to say how ingenious you are with how you have fixed the Barney Rubble feet!!! Bravo!!!

I was going to try to fix the Barney Rubble feet of my only human, but I was going to add and sculpt it with Apoxy...

Blu-Ray set looks fantastic.

planetoftheapes40yrsetbrd.jpg

planetoftheapes40yrsetopenbrd.jpg

At first glance, the photos of the new blue ray took my breath away...but looking at them now and realizing that they are not the actors I grew up with....it's taken away the wind from my sails...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

The Disc art may be temporary. It was posted on the yahoo group by an insider that both versions of Battle will be on the disc, via seamless branching.

What did they do to Alien 3 Proto?

Here's what Amazon said about the Alien 3 DVD:

This isn't a "director's cut"--David Fincher refused to have any involvement with this release--but a 1991 work-print that runs 29 minutes longer than the theatrical version, and has now been restored, remastered, and finished off with (unfortunately) cheap new CGI.

The fan reaction to this re-edit has been mixed... with some fans criticizing Fox for cheaping the overall film in the effort of merely presenting the longest possible cut of the film and thus sell more DVDs. Also, when Superman the Movie was first shown on TV they boasted nearly an hour worth of cut footage. But this destroyed the film pacing by adding film that was never meant to be seen by the director.

So I just don't want a few bloody scenes re-inserted just to sell more DVDs... for it to be some aproximation of what the film was supposed to be. I want the film to be the film J Lee Thompson showed at a preview in Phoenix back in 1972... the one without the cumbersome editing of the "happy" ending, with blown up close up shots of Caesar's eyes with dubbed dialogue and Lisa's whimpering "No" line. I want it to present, fully, the film's true violent thrust.

Was there any part of Caesar's original speech cut from the final cut? Does it still exist and will in be re-serted? Have all of the film's trimmings (both bloody and non-bloody) been accounted for? Do they have some sort of editiorial map as to where these shots are supposed to be inserted to maintain the late Thompson's vision? These questions are the ones I want answered... just to clarify what we are getting in this DVD set.

My main issue with the set is that they aren't including the Beneath NATO film...

I've never heard of this. I LOVE the NATO presentation reel from the original film with all of the deleted and alternate footage it contains. It would be cool to see the one prepared for Beneath.

Was there a NATO reel made for all of the Apes films?

Jess - Here are the square "Barney Rubble" feet of a typical Sideshow figure that I converted to the more realistic feet like that of Prisoner Taylor. I'm still painting them as you can see... but my 2 mute humans (Sideshow Bridgekeeper) now have better feet.
Great job Angel!Those look 100% better.

I've never heard of this. I LOVE the NATO presentation reel from the original film with all of the deleted and alternate footage it contains. It would be cool to see the one prepared for Beneath.

Was there a NATO reel made for all of the Apes films?

I've asked this of others more knowledgeable, and it seems to be the general consensus that POTA and Beneath were the only films with NATO presentations. Beneath can be downloaded somewhere, I forget where, but its awesome, with unused footage & alternate takes, I like it better than Planet's, a real gem. I'll try to find the address so you can download it.

Hasslein, I would love for you to find the address so I can see for myself what all the raving is about. This is the first I have heard of the NATO presentations.

Back