Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YMBA--why don't you sell one of your bearded Taylors and recoup the money on Evilbay. I didn't realize you could find great deals. Good for you!!

I also like to play with my figures. I don't like them boxed although some people like them that way. The ones I have boxed is because they're way up high in the closet and I'm too lazy to bring them down...they're just a couple of Ursus and a Dr. Zaius...but I have them lose already, so it will be an extra effort for me to take them down.

Jess -I was looking at your fruits, baskets, the ape coat rack today. Those are just spectacular. You really need to return to those and get moving on that! Such detail! Zowie! Love those pix.

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! My council at Starbucks went well...I met a fellow ape fan, and it was great! Dan will talk to his partner, and they will work on my makeup. We will set a date one of these weekends sooner is better than later for them, to make a mold of my face....I am in ape heaven...

Angel, I have way too many unfinished projects. I keep adding and never finishing. I will work on your Cornelius suit and not work on anything else until it is done. Last night I spent several hours brushing up the Mego-sized ANSA outfits that I will send out on Monday. I finished up all of the embroidery and added all the snaps to the three outfits. Each top has a set of six snaps, and I made three complete outfits...that's 21 snaps in one session....gahhhhhhh!!!!

I was looking at the coat rack on the piano last night. I still have to sand down the rough areas..but it will get there someday. My little ape market will be so cute when done...but it's so highly detailed that the task is daunting. I'm going to spend 20 minutes picking up the dining area...and then I have to go drop off a check to pay for piano lessons. When I get back, it's going to only be all about Cornelius...

I was watching UFO and fell asleep while watching it. I guess all the excitement and not being able to sleep for the last couple of nights have really wore me out. I'm so totally stoked about my makeup. I want to tell the whole world, and then again, I don't in case I jinx it. Is this really true? Am I dreaming? Dan said that if I can handle the claustrophobia of when they make a mold of my face, which he thinks will be an hour or so...then I can handle the claustrophic qualities of the makeup. I am so ready.

I'm not sure if I will be able to rip the makeup off my face as Roddy did. That might hurt! I think the glues they use now are much less harsh, but I'll see how it goes. I've got very long hair so before they make a mold of my face, they're going to make me wear a bald cap. OMG OMG OMG!!

The Lawgiver Mego-sized is on a shelf, awaiting a makeover. I still haven't purchased that tool that I need to fix it...because Apemania SUCKED my wallet dry...The hydrospanning of the Great Ape figure came to mind at the Mego Museum but the idea was shot down by one of the "experts" there...So I decided to just sculpt one. I need the practice anyway.

Can you tell I'm stalling? I should be sewing, but I'm stalling...

I worked on Cornelius's suit on and off for awhile with lots of surfing inbetween. I have both sleeves sewn on (with the added seam, so both sleeves have two seams each like a real suit!!)...and for the most part, the check pattern still matches!! I will need to trim down the collar and slim the suit a little...it's 50% done, not counting the lining that I want to add. Yay me!!

Last edited:
Charlton Heston always said that he came up with the idea that he would fall on, and detonate the doomsday device in Beneath the POTA. Prior to that suggestion by Heston, how was Beneath supposed to end?

Here's the status of the jacket. I have to slim down the sleeves to match the rest of the jacket and it's just pinned in place...After I slimmed the body down of the jacket, the width of the sleeves no longer looked appropriate . I also opened up the lapel too much for the photograph but it's getting there. My camera sucks.

Cornelius006.jpg

Great job indeed Jessica.

I thought that Beneath was to end with Nova giving birth to the first speaking human, and taylor and nova would begin a new tribe of talking humans. But, as we all know Mr. Heston wanted OUT. I'm sure Jom, or PZ would know the answer to this question.

Great job indeed Jessica.

I thought that Beneath was to end with Nova giving birth to the first speaking human, and taylor and nova would begin a new tribe of talking humans. But, as we all know Mr. Heston wanted OUT. I'm sure Jom, or PZ would know the answer to this question.

Here is a link to some of the drafts of the "Beneath" screenplay where Nova, Taylor and Brent survive:

https://pota.goatley.com/scripts.html

Check out "Planet of the Apes Revisited" there are two different drafts.

Also check out, at the same link, towards the bottom "Planet of the Men" a screenplay by Pierre Boulle. It is very very dark and was a spec script for a sequel to the original written by the man who wrote the original novel. A very interesting and depressing read, but worth any ape fan's time.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!
Friggin' ADA!!
Just got this respomse after I convinced her she needed to redo Sawyer and Milla:

Sorry, i can only replace for all my client if they purchase again for the other heads next time. I am not able to just ship those 2 heads for free.

Now, its not like I'm trying to be cheap but this whole thing was her mistake, AND I've ordered over a dozen other heads from her, but I ain't ordering anything else without these two already in my hands.
:banghead :banghead :banghead

Holy!!!! You are a sewing goddess Jess!!! That is beautiful!!

Thanks IM and Sticks. I was feeling a bit disheartened but after hearing your comments, I feel empowered. I am not sure if I should keep reworking the sleeve or just start over...but I'll make it work. I have to revisit it again. Whenever I come upon a problem, it helps to walk away so I can retackle it with more vigour.

Also, thank God for this thread. :family Nobody at home understands my fascination with the movie and the apes. My sister was not very thrilled to hear about my future plans with the makeup, which has been my dream for the last 35 years. That's 15 more years than I have known my husband!! Let me just say that there is no support on my end...but whatever! I don't really give a rat's behind. I'm getting it done no matter what!! :maul

Ironman, I'm really sorry to hear about Ada. That's such a sour deal and more salt in the wounds. If you purchase the Bill Murray head, which looks really killer, make sure you get her to send you Sawyer and Milla. I got the Burke sculpt you sent me. It's perfect for a 9" body, too large for a Mego...but not impossible to work with. I don't know what to do with it yet, but I will make it work. Perhaps purchase a 9" body for it and cut off the neck and resculpt the neck. Burke sculpt #1's eyes are still way too close together, but this sculpt is way better than sculpt #2.

Hey all! I couldn't sleep, so I just decided to jump on the computer. I was watching a tv guide channel on my Cox cable and they were showing Comic Con stuff. They even showed two people dressed up like Gorillas pounding their clubs on something towards the ground. Pretty cool stuff, I wish I could have gone.:monkey2

Ironman, I'm really sorry to hear about Ada. That's such a sour deal and more salt in the wounds. If you purchase the Bill Murray head, which looks really killer, make sure you get her to send you Sawyer and Milla. I got the Burke sculpt you sent me. It's perfect for a 9" body, too large for a Mego...but not impossible to work with. I don't know what to do with it yet, but I will make it work. Perhaps purchase a 9" body for it and cut off the neck and resculpt the neck. Burke sculpt #1's eyes are still way too close together, but this sculpt is way better than sculpt #2.

We should have an enlarged Burke head in a couple of days. Ian (Dr. Enlarger) sent me an email saying he is working on it. I'll post some pix when I get them and if anyone is interested they can get Burke through him. I don't think enlarging the head is going to help the eyes being too close together but we'll see.

IM - Your relationship with Ada is bordering abusive. :horror Did you get the Bill Murray head? Was it the correct size?

We should have an enlarged Burke head in a couple of days. Ian (Dr. Enlarger) sent me an email saying he is working on it. I'll post some pix when I get them and if anyone is interested they can get Burke through him. I don't think enlarging the head is going to help the eyes being too close together but we'll see.

IM - Your relationship with Ada is bordering abusive. :horror Did you get the Bill Murray head? Was it the correct size?

The better Burke is certainly good news.
No, I'm holding off on any other heads until this is resolved. I went back and counted, I have 27 of her heads and 12-15 more that I'm contemplating. I was quite surprised to hear from her twice more last night in more lengthy mails than I am used to. I explained to her that poor customer service is what did a company called ANDGOR in and that she wouldn't want that to happen. Hopefully I'll hear a better reply from her today or that'll be it for me with her.

Here is a link to some of the drafts of the "Beneath" screenplay where Nova, Taylor and Brent survive:

https://pota.goatley.com/scripts.html

Check out "Planet of the Apes Revisited" there are two different drafts.

Also check out, at the same link, towards the bottom "Planet of the Men" a screenplay by Pierre Boulle. It is very very dark and was a spec script for a sequel to the original written by the man who wrote the original novel. A very interesting and depressing read, but worth any ape fan's time.

Thanks JJ - I glanced these over and they look very interesting! I'm going to print some of these off and read them at me leisure!

Back