Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the status of the jacket. I have to slim down the sleeves to match the rest of the jacket and it's just pinned in place...After I slimmed the body down of the jacket, the width of the sleeves no longer looked appropriate . I also opened up the lapel too much for the photograph but it's getting there. My camera sucks.

Cornelius006.jpg

Hey! Why is that newspaper tucked under the arm of Cornelius? :dump

I'm with the others Jessica. I also think the suit is looking great!

I've learned with every break that I take; I almost always come back and tweak something. Caesar is having things adjusted, added and tweaked a little bit at a time. In similar fashion, you work the same way. Keep it up! :)

Angel,

It was too boring to just photograph him without a prop and he looked kind of goofy holding a flower...:lol

I'm off today....WHOOO HOOO!!!! :chew (there's no daycare for the next 3 weeks :monkey4, so my mom, my husband and I are tag-teaming until the 3 weeks are over and each staying home with the kids a coupe days out of the week )...

I'm going to take the kids to watch a movie today and we'll go out for lunch somewhere.

I will be off Thursday and Friday as well, so I only have a two-day workweek. :banana :banana

I've learned with every break that I take; I almost always come back and tweak something. Caesar is having things adjusted, added and tweaked a little bit at a time. In similar fashion, you work the same way. Keep it up! :)

Maybe that's why I have so many projects going on at the same time...but I have too many projects that are undone, so I need to focus. Cornelius's suit WILL BE DONE:maul!!!

Ironman, that totally sucks with Ada. If she does not provide good customer service for you, and you totally have a ton of sculpts you purchased from her, then she will lose out on the 15 you are contemplating. Good luck. It's really very difficult to deal with her, and that is such a shame.

I am curious what is on everyones top 3 wish list of sculpts? Armando was #1. Now my list is-

1. Dr. Hasslein
2. MacDonald (I'm going to take Kfog's Col Tigh suggestion, though)
3. Landon

Although he was high on the list, I'm staying out of this Burke mess, and I don't care for sculpted hair on the apes, that's why no apes, so that's my list. What's on everyone elses?

I won't be buying from Ada either. Dealing with a cheat leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It's just too bad.

If you go expecting much, you will be disappointed. I didn't expect that much, but I screamed twice, so it was fun.

I am curious what is on everyones top 3 wish list of sculpts? Armando was #1. Now my list is-

1. Dr. Hasslein
3. Landon

Although he was high on the list, I'm staying out of this Burke mess, and I don't care for sculpted hair on the apes, that's why no apes, so that's my list. What's on everyone elses?

That's a good question Hasslein! I'm curious to see what's on everybody's mind as well. Considering I already have a Mr. McDonald and a Landon figure (that I'm very pleased with), I think the only humans I'd like to have is Kolp.

The top 3 apes sculpts on my list are Dr. Maximus, Honorious, and Julius. I'm not even concerned about hiring someone to do these 3 ape sculpts. I'm going to try my hand at making each of them eventually with a lump of clay. The real question here should be... do I use a big lump to make a bobblehead, or a little lump, and just try and save on clay? :rotfl

1. Dr. Hasslein
3. Landon

I have a head from the Formative International SOTW line of figures that I bought solely because of its resemblence to Eric Braeden. I'll try and dig him out and post a pic or two. I assume that they used that likeness because they did primarily military figures and He was in Rat Patrol back when he went by the name Hans Gudegast.

You and Ironman and more forgiving than me. I simply won't be buying from her anymore.

If you saw my last few emails to her you may not think me so forgiving. But I can't just "stop" when she has two heads that are due me. I mwill admit that, should this be properly resolved, I may get others. Afterall, where else are you going to find some of the heads that she makes?
ie:
Charlie Watts
Keith Richards
David Wayne
William Peterson
Michael Douglas
Sean Penn

If you saw my last few emails to her you may not think me so forgiving. But I can't just "stop" when she has two heads that are due me. I mwill admit that, should this be properly resolved, I may get others. Afterall, where else are you going to find some of the heads that she makes?
ie:
Charlie Watts
Keith Richards
David Wayne
William Peterson
Michael Douglas
Sean Penn

From your perspective Ironman, I certainly understand what you're saying. You're a very BIG collector of everything. I'm not. The apes alone are just draining my wallet, so I choose to buy only what I truly love! Perhaps I should have said, I choose to buy only what I can truly afford?

If I had the money (and the space) the only other figures I think I would buy (or make) would be from Aliens, Lord of the Rings, X-Files, Terminator, and Mad Max.

Could you imagine how much more (financially) that would set me back? My ape projects would simply have to stop from a lack of funding. :(

That's why I don't bother collecting other figures. My 1st love will always be the apes. :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures Ironman! I love it! I'm still looking forward to seeing Kyle Reese when completed in his trenchcoat and sneakers! (You have a sawed off shotgun right?)

Check out: IRONMAN, View Public Profile, and then Albums
Me too!! And yes, I will be modifying several weapons for multiple projects.

Have any of you guys ever seen 1/6-scale director chairs for sale? If not, I'm considering putting them on "wish list".

There was a version of a director's chair a few years ago, it was actually made to be a business card holder but it was very close to 1:6. I can't recall the company that made it though.

Yeah, it would be cool to put my Lucas, Spielberg, Tarantino, Hitchcock and Serling in them and have them all sitting around a table of 1:6 scripts.

I don't really have anybody on my list of wants. I don't collect anything beyond the apes. I would go for more orangutans and Julius, so I'd have the same list as Angel. I was thinking that since Angel was able to make Elta, he could probably do the same for the other orangutans!! I haven't seen LittleSoldierBoy's Julius but he looked fantastic when he started...

I'm going to have to check out Ironman's photos...

Back