Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Neat feature that I've never tried...seeing all the photos that have been uploaded. Thanks, Angel!!

That would make it easy when I'm trying to hunt for something in particular!!

Hey all! I couldn't sleep, so I just decided to jump on the computer. I was watching a tv guide channel on my Cox cable and they were showing Comic Con stuff. They even showed two people dressed up like Gorillas pounding their clubs on something towards the ground. Pretty cool stuff, I wish I could have gone.:monkey2

Kfog, why don't you come to the Wonder Con in San Francisco in February 2009? It's not as large as the SDCC. Last year's Wonder Con counted about 29,000 guests. It usually occurs around the last weekend or so of February. I'm going to make that one, in full Zira gear.

Kfog, why don't you come to the Wonder Con in San Francisco in February 2009? It's not as large as the SDCC. Last year's Wonder Con counted about 29,000 guests. It usually occurs around the last weekend or so of February. I'm going to make that one, in full Zira gear.

I have never been to San francisco, even though I had an Uncle that lived in Daly City since the 1950's. Unfortunately, He passed away May of 2006. I still would love to check it out though. I always wanted to check out China Town!

China Town in San Francisco is fun to explore on foot. Lots of fun stores with imported Chinese goodies. Very touristy, though...but if you're into Oriental bric a brac, it's quite fun.

I'm more into the cuisine. I love to chow! Hey, is there an Italian neighborhood around there?:D

I haven't heard from my neighbor--you think I scared him away from our last meeting????

Nah. I assume the next step is the lifecast. Did he give you any indication when they would want to do that?

IM - I didn't know you had my Aldo head. It's the gorilla head on the V costume. I was going to send you one. Luv the V figures.

Nah. I assume the next step is the lifecast. Did he give you any indication when they would want to do that?

IM - I didn't know you had my Aldo head. It's the gorilla head on the V costume. I was going to send you one. Luv the V figures.

Didn't realize that was the Aldo. It was one of a few broken ones that you sent me quite a while ago, I tried my hand with a little 2 part filler and voila! instant gorilla sgt.
Thanks!! I loved the whole "V" series. It also had great potential but helped to kill itself off when it cut the cast.

Didn't realize that was the Aldo. It was one of a few broken ones that you sent me quite a while ago, I tried my hand with a little 2 part filler and voila! instant gorilla sgt.

That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to use it. Oddly enough, I was going to use your Urko head for a SGT Gorilla or a helmet-less Urko.

Would it be too much to ask if you made a 1:6 spaceship from V? :)

That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to use it. Oddly enough, I was going to use your Urko head for a SGT Gorilla or a helmet-less Urko.

Would it be too much to ask if you made a 1:6 spaceship from V? :)

No, it was an idea I had a ways back, and it may actually be easier than I first thought, and definitely easier than the Icarus. If it pans out I'll be sure to post it.

Snick--the lifecast will be done soon--probably in a few weeks. We'll have to pick a weekend where we are all free, and we are all neighbors, so that makes it easy. I have never met Tom before, and he doesn't really need to be there for the lifecast since Dan can do that, but I'm sure he would like to meet with me to see what kind of looney I really am.

I worked on the Cornelius outfit again last night. I started over, instead of trying to save what I have already begun. It made it a little easier...but I wish I had cut the lapel a little different...maybe I will re-do the collar so that the notch between the collar and the lapel are not so very apart. Isn't my Cornelius so cute in this photo??

Cornelius011.jpg

Cornelius015.jpg

Last edited:
Oh...and I forgot that the underside of the lapel is the right side, so I will remove Cornelius's left facing and re-do so that the check pattern matches the right side of the outfit.

Kfog--Thai food tastes way better than Chinese food...

There is North Beach, the little Italy of San Francisco...but the edge of Chinatown is slowly creeping into it.

Thai food sounds good too, especially if it is spicy! Phoenix has a little bit of everything like most cities. I really love going to sushi restaurants when I have cash. I will get back into the swing of things soon. By the way, I see that Ada has corrected the Milla sculpt. I received an email in regards. I wonder why She has corrected everything but the Burke. I guess that is a squashed subject at this time. I see that Snick is doing something about it though.

I got tired of my chimpanzees swooning over as I posed them last night, so I squeezed a little bit of Fray Check in their knee and ankle joints...and the part of the leg where it twists. So now they behave better when I pose them.

I wonder why She has corrected everything but the Burke. I guess that is a squashed subject at this time. I see that Snick is doing something about it though.

Damn straight. I haven't heard back or received any pictures of Burke so I'm assuming the enlarging takes time. The price Dr. Enlarger charges is around $23.

JESS - Cool! I luv the jacket. Keep us updated with the lifecast. I can't wait to see it and hear about the experience of having it done.

IM - Is it possible for you to stop everything you're doing and work on the V ship? :lol That ship is so cool.

Back