Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard from the makeup gurus...they are looking for a date that will work for us all....OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! :banana:banana:banana

I don't know if I should whoop in excitement or cry....

My Planet of the Apes dream is about to come true.....Holy Mother of GOD!!!

Last edited:
Snick, $23 is better than $230 with bad customer service, right?

JESS - You got that right, sister.

For those interested: the cockpit of the Icarus is being torn apart and being redone to be screen accurate.

JESS - We'll be marking our calendar. Will they be filming the lifecast procedure?

Last edited:
Well, I had some lengthy email conversations yesterday morning with Ada. We seemed to straighten everything out and she said she would send the refixed heads to me. I went to work and when I came home late last night I got this:
I just notice that some of my clients told me you said a lot of netgative things about me all the time in the forum, why you do that? If I do not get any sales, you are happy? If my sales keep decreasing, I will not sculpt these kind of head anymore as there will be no more fun to me.
Why you have to do things have no good to yourself but also hurting other people? You are a very bad person and you will be off my mailing list as you do not respect me, do not respect my work and even say a lot of bad stuff about me in the forum all the time. That's a shame of you.

Apparently I'm taking a risk even posting this. I told her I never said anything in a forum that I hadn't said to her and that she shouldn't believe everything she hears. Hopefully I'll still be getting the heads that are due me.
:banghead

Uh....I don't know what to say about that, Ironman. If anything, you were just venting your frustration due to her lack of good customer service. I don't know what clients she is talking about, but it's good to let others know what they could be getting into. You never said anything to negate her in an evil or malicious manner, none that I could see. You were just questioning her business ethics. Somebody is feeding fuel to her fire and it's definitely not you.

It appears recasters have taken their toll on Ada now as she sent an email (not to me, guess I AM out) stating she will not be doing any uncommissioned celebrity sculpts. A shame as she did have a run of very nice sculpts.

Last edited:
I didn't get that e-mail from Ada. As Snick said, I guess I am guilty by association as well. That is too bad, as has really beautiful sculpts and is one of the best artists out there.

It apperas recasters have taken their toll on Ada now as she sent an email (not to me, guess I AM out) stating she will not be doing any uncommissioned celebrity sculpts.

IM - The worst part is you might not get the heads you need fixed.

Could my efforts to correct the Burke sizing issue be considered "recasting"? I bought 2 of them.

Could my efforts to correct the Burke sizing issue be considered "recasting"? I bought 2 of them.

I would not cosider them to be. You are simply trying to rectify a sizing error that she refused to.

Snick, you purchased two Burke heads directly from Ada. You did not purchase from somebody else that was selling a cast of her sculpt.

I am still hoping that Ironman gets it corrected. That would be the fair thing for Ada to do.

I didn't get that e-mail, Angel. I can only surmise that she will no longer be running a poll and creating a sculpt of the celebrity with the most votes....or perhaps when many people ask her to make one sculpt she does it for fun without charging a commission fee, hoping to recoup costs from the sale of the casts.

What happened with Ada? Did I miss something? Is she no longer doing celebrity sculpts?

She said she will not be doing any uncommissioned celebrity sculpts? What does that mean? What is a uncommissioned celebrity sculpt :confused:

She was making sculpts on her own, say of Chuck Connors, and selling them. No one commissioned it she just sculpted it and then sold them. She won't do that any more. From now on a sculpt must be commissioned before she will make it.

Did you guys see these photos yet?

n514737698_330707_3490.jpg

I think I've seen this one before, but I have never looked at it closely enough. She is wearing peds on her feet.

n514737698_330708_4797.jpg

Snick--glad to see the dancing banana in regards to the Burke sculpt. It feels like positive energy.

Snick--glad to see the dancing banana in regards to the Burke sculpt. It feels like positive energy.

Yes Jess, that's what we need is "positive" energy. The more generated, the more likely everything will work out for everyone! Let's do it! Bring on the positive vibes. Right on!
:joy:banana:clap:elefant:bouncin:bounce :rock2 :blissy:ccheerlea:ted

Back