Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Jess, that's what we need is "positive" energy. The more generated, the more likely everything will work out for everyone! Let's do it! Bring on the positive vibes. Right on!

KFOG/JESS - The positive energy must of worked. My sculptor and I sawed Burke in half. The head, compared to Brent, is too skinny. Thus, giving him the "pinhead" look. Using Brent as a guide my sculptor will widen the head to the proper size and everybody wins. We should have a new head by next Friday. Hopefully sooner. :banana

Last edited:
Wow! That's a very good idea! I thought he was going to re-do the top half...didn't realize it could be fixed that easily. Can't wait to see it!!

Wow! That's a very good idea! I thought he was going to re-do the top half...didn't realize it could be fixed that easily. Can't wait to see it!!

Okay. I see what you're saying. We could have worked it that way too.

For the record, I hightly recommend keeping a sculptor on retainer. You never know when you'll need one. Okay, he isn't really on retainer as much as working off money I loaned him. :lol

Okay. I see what you're saying. We could have worked it that way too.

For the record, I hightly recommend keeping a sculptor on retainer. You never know when you'll need one. Okay, he isn't really on retainer as much as working off money I loaned him. :lol

My Mother is a sculpter of doll heads (porcelain) and I once asked her if She could ever do a smaller scale. She was not familiar with resin and whatever else We use in 1/6th scale. She is still going through Chemo for the next 8 days between Monday and Friday, but says thats She is doing fine. I think that once She is out of the woods, I may ask Her again about 1/6th scale sculpts. She does have a very good eye for detail because She made two sculpts of my Sisters just by looking at their baby pictures and they turned out great!

Kfog, that would be great for your mom to get into. Once she gets her strength back and is out of the woods, she can put her creative energies into something for you. Good luck with her treatment.

What are you working on, Angel? I need to get inspired!!

I've taken a long overdue powernap, but I'm sure I will pay for it tonight...

Kfog, that would be great for your mom to get into. Once she gets her strength back and is out of the woods, she can put her creative energies into something for you. Good luck with her treatment.

Ha, Ha! She would laugh about that, because I have had her make more than my share of 1/6th scale Uniforms. She has made me Leather Pioneer (Mountainman) Uniforms, Santa Anna Soldier Uniforms, Spainiard Uniforms from the Spanish American War and so on. She is the queen of the sewing circle as far as 1/6th scale and larger goes. She is left handed and they say that people with an artistic gift usually are left handed. I do not know if that is true, so maybe we can have some left handers chime in!:gun

Our daycare is closed for business until the last week of August, and this day was one of my days off. Yesterday we went to Felton (88 miles away one way) to catch a train ride to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. It was gorgeous. I have not been there for 30 years and it is even better now than I remembered.

Today I was ready to take the kids out to the movies again or go for a swim but the toddler was sick so he took a nap for most of the afternoon...and I've been unable to sleep for the past few nights from excitement over my makeup so I took advantage of the situation and fell asleep too.

Angel I thought you finished your Armando's paint. What you posted a few weeks/days back was just work in progress? I thought that it was done!!

I would love to see everyone else's work as well. Even if it's not a custom of what you are working on...how about posing your figures for some new photos? I remember how inspiring it was for me to see PZ's photos of the upgraded Cornelius and Dr. Zaius...still giggle about the simian choir.

Anyway, Angel, thinking back about your Armando paint...he looked like he was done. You did a really swell job on him, and I don't know what other kind of tweaking you could do to him. He looks perfect now.

Oh yuck...I'm just thinking about how I have to drag myself back to the office on Monday after having a four-day weekend. It's going to suck.

Hi Jess - I came home from a hard days work and I quickly drifted off while watching “The Ant and the Aardvark” cartoons. Do you remember them on the Pink Panther show?

I haven’t been motivated too much either Jessica. You’re not alone. I need inspiration and positive comments from people when I post things. That really seems to fuel my projects. Jungle Jom was always tremendous when it came to motivating me with his ideas, his kind words, and of course, his encouragement.

I’m simply unable to motivate myself now days. The past few months have actually proved that to me.

I haven’t even been able to muster up the "oomph", to paint my Armando sculpt, The President of the Assembly sculpt, Lawgiver sculpt and The Fat Man mutant mask. They’ve all been sitting here an eternity already! I need a serious kick in the shorts and I need it badly.

I know that I’d get motivated if the others (Kfog, Jungle Jom, enaud, and Ironman) were making things and sharing them with us. That would inspire me in the same way that new people on this thread inspire all of us. When the other guys here start posting their projects, I’ll certainly get motivated. Maybe someone here will do something that really energizes me. My tank is bone dry and I really need to be refueled.

Angel, How are the wagons coming along?

Hi All! What's up in Central City? I was checking out Monkey Depot and thought that these Mannequins were pretty cool. They would be good to pose hats and outfits on. I think that the sculpts are 1/6th scale also. :rolleyes:

Kfog, I think they would be cool to also add/sculpt some clothing onto those and make additional busts for the mutants....maybe???

Angel, did you send photos to the contest? I did, but I don't have any high hopes to win..you guys know my camera sucks. I took about 50 photos, and only picked one. If you sent a photo, can you e-mail it to me? I would love to see it.

Tonight's the deadline of the contest.

Yes, I entered the "kiss and tell" contest Jessica. I didn't put any effort into it though. I took the pictures long ago, so it was just a matter of pulling them out of my photo archive.

I just spent the last 30 minutes working on the Caesar statue again. He looks soooo good! I’m going to be very proud of him once he’s completed.
:angelsmil

Kfog, I think they would be cool to also add/sculpt some clothing onto those and make additional busts for the mutants....maybe???

That would work, but for me, I think it would be much easier to just change the face and modify the one I already have. I'd love to see someone else do this though!

That would work, but for me, I think it would be much easier to just change the face and modify the one I already have. I'd love to see someone else do this though!

I was trying to remember how yours looked...I know that it was exactly the way I would want it to be, especially around the bottom part of the statue, and I was trying to figure out how somebody would re-create that.

I can't wait for the unveiling of Caesar! Please don't make him so expensive that I can't afford him, 'K??? :banana:banana:banana

Back