Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course! But only if my chump change can afford it! Remember, I still have to scrape funds for my makeup.

You guys think it's crazy if I buy a pair of black leather boots with the toe dents from Apemania for $350? I wonder if they make size 5.5??

Or should I just buy a pair of leather Dr. Zaius hieroglyph gloves for $150? I'm not sure if those would fit me well though, because I've got tiny hands.

I have $300 to spend at Apemania that I can't get back. I would wear the boots to work with whatever else I'm wearing. I just need to add $50 and maybe some more chimp change for shipping/handling. Those would be the most expensive shoes I would ever own.

I would think that the gorilla boots would be more comfortable than the chimp shoes and that you'd probably be tripping over the "inner toes" of the chimp shoes.

I read somewhere that it took Roddy and Kim quite a while to get used to the chimp shoes.

If you wore a dress like Zira, the gorilla boots would not be seen that much. In your case, I'd say go for comfort. Do they really make them that small?

I hope they make them that small. Most nice boots start at 6 or 6.5, and that SUCKS!! Let's just say that if I could fit the boots, I would buy them. I have 18 or so pairs the last time I tried to count them.

Jess, Couldn't you just modify regular shoes to look like Chimp shoes? That would be much cheaper and Who really looks down at the shoes?:horror

I just had a great conversation with another ape friend, and he says he knows of a cheap way to get gorilla boots made. He is looking for the link for me. I just wonder if the riding shoes he is talking about comes in my size. That's what SUCKS. I can't find nice boots that fit me.

My friend will also help me make the chimp boots...but I think I can MacGuyver them because I have held Bill Blake's chimp shoe in my very own hands and saw its construction.

These gorilla boots would be what I would wear around the office..you know...for kicking serious ass.

Angel, I did submit that one photo...but I didn't receive a confirmation of receipt...did you receive something? Oh well. If nothing comes out of it, at least I had fun photographing my favorite couple today.

I was watching the X-Files movie on DVD and I had the weird impulse to destroy something... in a creative way of course. Snickertown suggested this idea to me a while back... I used an extra pair of Hasbro pants I had and shreaded them.

Last edited:
Bravo!! That looks WONDERFUL Angel!! What a super cool idea!!

I spent an hour or so chatting on the phone talking about apes, not much crafting...but the night is far from over.

I should bloody up Taylor's throat a little bit too! When he eventually lands on the operating table of Dr. Galen, Zira will certainly be peeking under the blanket. (To see Taylors unusual clothing.)

Aw shucks. I was too excited I guess. I didn't send the attachment. Ratz. Oh well. I may probably have won and not have known what to do with it. (Yeah, right...)!!

Diggity Dang. I can't believe I did that to myself...and I've been on the computer most of the day. I can't believe I sent them an e-mail without the attachment. How dumb. Something better may come along...I just can't see it at this moment.

Back