Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, when I finally send you Cornelius's suit, promise me you will take a photo like this:

c597_1.jpg

It will be difficult due to the way the eyes are currently painted on the figures, but make it work...

Here's a thought! Maybe you could photoshop the eyes later so they look to the camera??

Last edited:
I have that very picture of "C & Z" in a frame which I gave to my wife nearly 10 years ago Jess. Across the bottom I typed "Denise and her lovely bewedded spouse!":inlove

I have that very picture in a frame which I gave to my wife nearly 10 years ago Jess. Across the bottom I typed "Denise and her lovely bewedded spouse!":inlove

:banana

Super cool, Angel. An 8.5 x 11 of the photo recently sold for $31 on Ebay. I'm thinking of getting it printed on photostock at Kinkos to maybe about 5x8 and so I could frame it nicely and place it next to the phone in my bedroom. I have always loved that photo.

Let's see now! What was I saying about positives coming our way. I just new something good was going to happen. Congratulations to Angel and Jess. I still feel that more things are going to happen real soon that will make us all jump for joy. I can feel it in my bones.:naughty

Great idea, Angel! That's what I was thinking. It's just a bunch of triangles sewn together. You could make that any time. It's just looking for the flexible metal for the spines of the umbrella, if you wanted to make it a "functional" umbrella (and that's how I would want it...because when you're done doing the photo shoot, you can "put it away" and it won't take space. Check out how they make those miniature cocktail umbrellas. It's really just a fat toothpick that the umbrella is built around, and this hollow tube goes up and down the toothpick...that's what makes the umbrella open and shut. If they can make those for cocktails, we definitely can make them 1/6 scale!!!

Like I said, the trick is to keep him looking very slender. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I can't have Caesar looking the slightest bit chubby or even bulky.

Hey - what's up with PZ, JJ, and enaud? Haven't heard from those 3 guys in a while. They must be lurking...:stooge

I think Snick sent that out, if I remember correctly. Go Angel GO!! I can't wait to see more of Caesar. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

ANG - Jess is correct. The glyph was mailed. I was thinking it would arrive today. It will probably show up tomorrow. I kind of sanded through it in one spot. If that doesn't work for you I'll cast another. I was rushing it and using a belt sander.:horror

Like I said, the trick is to keep him looking very slender. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I can't have Caesar looking the slightest bit chubby or even bulky.

Hey - what's up with PZ, JJ, and enaud? Haven't heard from those 3 guys in a while. They must be lurking...:stooge

:rotfl I just noticed the three stooges...

IM - That's when we use the Burke head my sculptor is fixing or we just fix the neck ourselves. I don't forsee anyone going "Burke-less" in the near future.

The kissing pix are great.

I love how the apes are up on top again!! :banana

I'm excited to see how your sculptor has fixed Burke. :monkey5

Shame. Shame. :nono The chimp glyph you just sent will be going on his chest. I mounted the other ones on his sleeves already. I had to heat them up and bend them to curve around arm just above his wrists.

I was wondering how you would bend the glyphs. The conclusion I came up with was you were going to leave them off. Seriously, if you can't work with the glyph I sent another will take its place.

I love how the apes are up on top again!! :banana

I'm excited to see how your sculptor has fixed Burke. :monkey5

Same here! My sculptor is a vet but he isn't great with 1:6 scale. I'm hoping he doesn't go tennis ball big. I sent him a head for scale reference. Burke will be ready on Friday. I'll try and get some pix to you ASAP.

Back