Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here! My sculptor is a vet but he isn't great with 1:6 scale. I'm hoping he doesn't go tennis ball big. I sent him a head for scale reference. Burke will be ready on Friday. I'll try and get some pix to you ASAP.

Good luck. I know it will turn out fine.

I've got to get myself a dremel and that heat gun. I used to have one for melting the plastic skins of my sail planes...but that was such a long time ago. Who knows where that sucker could be. We've moved twice since we played with any of our sail planes.

If it's tennis ball big, what can you do to scale it down? :rotfl

In all actuality it would be tennis ball wide. The head is the right height. It just needs to be fattened. If the sculptor makes the head too wide I'll have him remove some of the middle.

It turns out: if we got stuck with Ada's golf ball Armando head we could have done a similar thing or cast it in wax and then reworked it.

I'm not into POTA 2K1, but it looks like a cool figure. I wonder if the hair is rooted, or a paste on... cheap fabric, or lightweight plastic... etc.

Angel, just wanted to let you know that the buttons you sent (and the very cool iron-ons) have arrived!! Thanks for the extra iron-ons. I'm sure my toddler and oldest boy would want one for one of their t-shirts. That leaves two for me! Yay!!

Those buttons are just too darn cute. I'm so glad Kfog sent me a link of where to get them.

Can you put those tiny buttons on the sleeves so there are 2 or 3 buttons per sleeve?

Yes, there were two buttons per sleeve and two buttons on the front of the jacket. I just have to make the pockets and do the hem of the jacket and then will consider it done. Then start on the pants. It's almost there, so your Cornelius won't have to be naked anymore, though I don't think he minds with the heat over there.

I am still waiting for the makeup guys to contact me with dates...but they are still eager to create my Zira appliances for me.

Also, I contacted Apemania regarding the boots. The cheapest boots they have there is $450, not the leather ones...darn it. The leather ones are $850 or so...waayyyyy too pricey for me...but I don't think they make boots for boys sizes. They would need to make me 3.5 in boys...I asked but I highly doubt they make them that small. I hate having small feet.

Back