Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spent the last few hours painting 5 different heads. I'm just taking a little break. I was hoping that some of you guys might be on-line. Well, it's too quiet here, I guess I'll get back painting and the building of my creation. :frank

Last edited:
I've been doing nothing all day but just hanging out. I'm still in San Francisco and ready to go, but my kids are still having fun at my parent's house and are not ready to leave yet. I caught a powernap while watching the Olympics, though...and we had Thai food for dinner. I had my red bean ice cream for a snack earlier...and I also ate a ton of deep fried tofu. Yummy stuff...

I've been painting (and re-painting) all day Jess. Once I put a little grey color in Armando's hair, I'll finally be done with all 3 of them! One head is for Stickman, my friend Harry & the last one is mine!

I also painted my Che Chimp and the Mutant Fat Man mask! :cool:

Now that this mutant mask is finally done, I'll have to light a fire under my wife so she'll make my very belated Christmas gift :santa- the red robe for the Fat Man!

Congratulations on your accomplishments!! :banana Now for some photos, please!!

I've been painting (and re-painting) all day Jess. Once I put a little grey color in Armando's hair, I'll finally be done with all 3 of them! One head is for Stickman, my friend Harry & the last one is mine!

I also painted my Che Chimp and the Mutant Fat Man mask! :cool:

Now that this mutant mask is finally done, I'll have to light a fire under my wife so she'll make my very belated Christmas gift :santa- the red robe for the Fat Man!

Hey Angel, any idea of what body you are going to use for the Fat Man? I don't recall any "fat" Sideshow bodies off hand.

I'm still stuck at my mom's. Have to spend the night here...

Anyway, I just had a thought...perhaps next year I will make my own ANSA outfit. I just found a link that carries boxing shoes my size!! This is EXCITING!!! I can't believe they make them my size. I never bothered to look before.

:monkey5:monkey5I can't wait to see photos of the nude fat man. :monkey5:monkey5 I wonder if it's something you could re-create using apoxy?

Hmm...I didn't think about the weight issue. He'd weigh a lot I suppose...

I love the fat jowls on your fat guy, Angel. Looks great!!

I am finally back home. yay! Now I could go out and take some more photos and do some hobby stuff I couldn't do while at my mom's.

I'm not about to search this lengthy thread to see if this has been mentioned yet or not, but here is an item of some interest to Apers. EMCE, the producers of Mego style figures, are going ape. They are going to re-release the old megos, and add new figures to the waves. Much in the same fashion they are re-releasing MEGO Star Trek figures.

In the Mego ST re-pops, the have changed the Gorn to make him show accurate (instead of being a Marvel Lizard figure painted brown and in a Klingon uniform), and they are adding as new figures Khan, Chekov, and Sulu.

I think it would be neat to see an Ursus done in this style, and maybe they'll touch on some that have never been done. Like Nova or Brent. I know its not exactly SS, but at least someone still finds some life in the POTA. Cheers!:angelsmil

Painting will begin once I have the right colors mixed.

I hope you can tackle all your painting with a vigor & enthusiasm Ironman. As you know, I've really been wanting to see some recent works from you for a long long time. Bring it on buddy. Bring it on. :ccheerlea:ccheerlea:ccheerlea Mix those colors! Mix those colors! Mix those colors!

That fatman mask looks awesome! Are you going to make it available to all of us? I've been using a Hasbro Curly from the Three Stooges as my Fatman, his eyes are the same color, but the expression on his face is too wacky.

Back