Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap, Ironman!! If that's how many figures you have, then 100 unpainted heads is no big deal!!

Can you hear a sigh of relief from me? September is upon me now (where did summer go?) and I was freaked out regarding school. I submitted my application for a community college, and open enrollment doesn't really happen until October for the fall semester. WHEW!!

Holy crap, Ironman!! If that's how many figures you have, then 100 unpainted heads is no big deal!!

You would think, but a lot of the figures need assembling, some are dupes whose heads will also be replaced, some are in need on "repaints". Then there's the outfitting of the masses. I have a dire need for quite a few dozen custom outfits and unis. :duh

Sticks, I just saw the new photos you posted on Facebook. OMG I really love photo #2 in your album. At first glance I thought I was looking at painting. The way you captured the dancer and the lighting and movement...IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Sticks, I just saw the new photos you posted on Facebook. OMG I really love photo #2 in your album. At first glance I thought I was looking at painting. The way you captured the dancer and the lighting and movement...IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Thank you so much Jessica. I had a great time this weekend. I didn't know if anyone here would want to see them. My two favorites are of the women. You're right, I scored with the contrast of light and shadow. The outfits were simply gorgeous!

:lol This is my youngest son, Ashton. He created this ape appliance on the drive home from my mom's. He is such a clever little ape!! :D

IMG_3954-1.jpg

I didn't see him! He hardly ever shows up on what you call, Evilbay :rotfl

Of course, if you didn't care about the strap he comes with having an extra ammo pouch, Angel can make the man catcher and the whistle he comes with just as well as what you would get with the Sideshow figure. The whistle Angle makes is even painted like the one used in the movies.

Last edited:
He was my first gorilla, and I didn't even know it was a Marauder I got. I believe PZ pointed that out to me. The mancatcher the Marauder comes with is "meh" and I agree, Angel makes the mancatcher and whistle better.

Yeah, how do you store that many figures? I've never counted, now you've inspired me to see how many I have. No where near that many though.

The conquest tan outfit officer is a Tuskegee airman GI Joe with the same hat from the hasbro Nazi GI joe that I used for the black uniformed officer.

Snick--let's see how well I make my own ANSA outfit. I know Hasslein was interested in one too. I have been reading up on the ANSA flight suit on the Replica Prop Forum. Very interesting reading, indeed!

I just wanted to plant the seed. We're cool either way. I luv the photo of JESS JR. That's how it all starts.

ANG - Glad to hear you are jumping on the Burke head. Don't worry about the original Ada sculpt. Dissect it if it helps. As mentioned previously, what you said about Burke's hair matches what my sculptor said, which tells me you have got the eye!

Second time is the charm with the space ship. We're starting from scratch.

Back