Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had a friend ask me last night if I would make him some Stars Wars items. I had to turn him down. If it ain't Planet of the Apes, my heart would never be into it. Sorry Charlie.

ANG - What SW item were you asked to make? I hope it was something ambitious like a 1:6 scale Landspeeder. With Hasbro and Sideshow I can't imagine that whatever the person was asking for hasn't been created already.

The front of the wagon might be offically finished. I'll take a snap of it for Monday.

I'm awake! I took a 20 minute power-nap. I was afraid to sleep too long in case it would be another sleepless night for me. I bought this at the toyshow today, three cans for $1.00. (Can you believe the damned dirty human didn't even card me?)

Cornelius-1.jpg

I notice all three cans of Bud now open. And your limit would be... about one. Was that the real reason for your powernap? To much booze?

:lol:lol

Hello everyone,

Yeah those cans are fun. My brother was able to pick up a whole bag of those, all different brands, even colas. They are fun to play with. One of my earliest stop motion pieces, was this scene. (from L-R) One gorilla opens the can of beer, another stirs the cauldron, and the third counts Da' Money.
ApecampPOTA.jpg

I know the can is hard to see, the picture is dark, there is no backlight, or fill. LOL :horror Oh the early days!

I notice all three cans of Bud now open. And your limit would be... about one. Was that the real reason for your powernap? To much booze?

:lol

Sticks--THAT IS COOL!!

They didn't have any colas, so I just bought that one. I don't know my beers, but my girlfriend said to just get the buds...They had Pabst, Schlitz, and Coors I think...

I'll be checking in and out of Central City all day. It's noon and I haven't foraged for food yet...the kids are at my SIL's (yay!)...Some peace and quiet here...but I don't know what to do...sneak over to ToysRUs and get some Barbie stuff....or make something for the photo session? Decisions...decisions...

My girlfriend says that she wants something hot to happen at the Apevine. I've got some ideas cooking in my head.

The qui-gon figure head sculpt.

Did you plug those screw holes in the brakeshoes?

You made the right decision not getting involved with Qui-Gon.

The brakeshoe hole hasn't been plugged yet. I'm painfully out of Aves Apoxie. Nobody sells this stuff over the counter! I even went to a 3-floored art supply store that sold resin but not apoxie. Aves needs to hire more sales reps.

It looks like the paint job on the wagon is too dark. I'm going to try it again tonight. I need to sand down my Icaris chairs so I'll check back later.

I'll take a photo and post it in about 10 minutes. I couldn't figure it out. The horse is not solid-feeling like a Breyer.

Speaking of Zira... I finally opened the mouth on Lisa (Zira) from Conquest. What do you think? I thought it best to go really subtle with her.

Last edited:
Here is the horse. I think I lost one of the saddle bags...but no biggie because I wanted to re-do all the horsey stuff in real leather anyway...and recreate an English saddle just like I did for my Breyer horse.

IMG_4229-1-1.jpg

IMG_4227-1.jpg

The guy was selling him for $40 but he cut me a deal at $35.

He had two at the show. One was really beat-up looking, both the same color. I think I'm going to sand down his seam lines and go over it with apoxie...and re-paint. What color do you think he should be? Dark chestnut?

I was thinking about the space they take up (these guys are huge!!) so I was going for minimal...

I thought about your heatgun trick while I was trying to make up my mind...but decided to only get one for now.

Good to know his name. I will keep a lookout on Evilbay...I didn't have any plans for a 1/6 scale wagon...ANOTHER HUGE ITEM!!!, but a pair of horses would be better. Can't have Dr. Zaius walking next to Ursus when they go into the Forbidden Zone...

He's got a great face, Angel. That gorilla will kick butt once you up the notch of his hair. It's a great start. The paint is impressive.

Talk about Armando...do you have screenshots of the back of his jacket? Do you know if it's like a regular mens suit, with the seam down the back for a back vent?

Back