Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Angel, that is LOVELY!!

Forgot to tell you that the Cotswold package came yesterday. Your police officer will look great with dark glasses. I was tempted to open up the little baggie the glasses came in to put it on Cornelius, but I didn't...

I also love the baton that you have picked up. I would love to see photos of the apes beating the heck out of the governor.

The trainer's uniform looks great! I can't tell you painted it. It looks like it was made that way.

Hi Angel! Add me in on that new Gorilla sculpt when you get the hair corrected. That face and paint is awsome. I also donot think the hair is that bad, just need puffed up a tad. I also really like what you did with the Armondo, the Conquest jailor, and the police. Fantastic to all! Later, Kent.:D

I'm back! I took photos even if we had company...and now I've got to go back and catch up, read through your beautiful photos.

Angel--can Denise sew down the jaket collar to make it stay down more? It was kind hard to see how it was going to look since I didn't have a shirt. Wasn't sure if it was because of the way I sewed the collar. I will fix that for next time...or you can send it back and I will fix it...but you should send me the shirt too.

Here are the breathtaking outfits made Jessica!

Angel those shots of Pete, Alan, and Galen look just great... That Ada sculpt looks like it was a waste of time and effort. Your figures really capture the TV series characters. They look just great.

You'll eventually have to get back packs and or bedrolls for Pete and Alan, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

Great shots overall today... Did someone get a new camera?

I have no idea who Qui-Gon is SNICKERTOWN. Someone once asked me if I'd make stuff from "V" as well. I'm strictly an apes guy. If my hearts not into it, I'm not making it. I don't know how artists such as Ada make all those sculpts. I guess they do it for aliving and it pays the bills. Bless her heart, she's all over the place with her sculpts, I couldn't do that.

You're going to have to just bite the bullet and get what's currently on "special" at AVES. You're going to just have to pay for that UPS shipping. :(

Like you SNICK, I'm all out of my orange apoxy. I've got the white for the wagon of Sticks, and the pink you bought for me.

Sanding and painting. Blah!

There are at least 2 Qui-Gon sculpts out there. Both are really good. I luv the V stuff but I'm with you. It's all apes.

The sanding and casting sucked lemons. I bought a cheap $5 dremel that died or committed suicide in the middle of the sanding. The worst part is I'm not even finished. I have 1 seat cushion and four arm rests to cast/sand.

Your mutants are awesome. I luv all the pix. You did a great job. All of your work is very good. Luv the Conquest shots. FOX needs to feature your work as a dvd extra.

Here is Jessica's suit for Cornelius. I really like it. It has great details in it. However, I think you should consider changing the collar on the next two (2) suit jackets you make so that it lays down better. Thanks for the jacket I love it! :angelsmil

Nice job on the suit Jessica.

Here are some shots I was able to take today. We're getting slowly there.
AdamsPictures304.jpg

AdamsPictures318.jpg

AdamsPictures316.jpg

I just bought a light brown chestnut Thunderbolt from Evilbay for $25 shipped. It's got the same pose as the one I now have, so I'm going to do the heatgun adjustment to it...

It comes bare, but I am going to make everything out of real leather anyway. No biggie. And I'm going to order the metal bits and pieces from Riorondo. There's no holding back for these horses...

Angel, I'm so envious of your collection. It's what the sideshow line should've looked like.
I like the figure you're using for Virdon (although he seems camera shy. He keeps ducking the camera) I may have to change mine to him. You're tv trio looks awesome. Oh, and the gorilla really does look like a gorilla from the animated series. He's really cool.

I love seeing everyone's photos.

Jess, I've asked this before, what happened to your lawgiver?

Hasslein, the Mego sized Lawgiver is not drowning in fabric anymore. He's in my bedroom on a shelf patiently waiting for me to purchase a dremel so I could fine-tune his face.

Your rebel ape looks yummy, Angel. I really love the outfit you got for him.

The TV trio, especially Galen, looks super yummilicious.

I think you should dirty up and age Burke's vest. It looks too clean and neatly pressed.

Snick, I'll hook you up with a Bright Eyes blanket. I just remember that Jungle's Bright Eyes blanket looked so spectacular. I couldn't post anything half-*ssed.

Stick, I love what you and your dad did with the background accessories...especially the stretched out animal hyde with the designs on it.

Angel, what is the sculpt you are using for Burke? He'll look awesome with the new hairstyle you are making.

Thats a Dragon Erich from the machine gunner team sculpt that stands in for Pete.
I can't wait to get a useable Burke so that me trio can finally be complete.
Great job Angel!!
"V" is another passion of mine. I was working on a crossover, like the Trek one, with "V" and POTA. Maybe I'll dig that back out and have a go at it again.
So much yet to do and I still need to figure out about getting those glyphs, and the new heads, and the Mendez bust(s), and the Caesar statue......

Back