Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind working on stuff non-ape related. I guess because people at theMego Museum only expect to see ape-related stuff from me. I would like to showcase my other strengths, but I guess they are too shy to ask. Money talks, and it's giving me the cold shoulder...

Guys, check out this hot thread at the Mego Museum...

Angel, this is that guy that I had told you about. Scott, my new hero, was not comfortable with me posting his stuff here at Sideshow, but he was cool with it at the MM...

https://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=16572

Jess - I think I just spent the last hour reading all this stuff over at the MEGO thread! For those of you haven't read it, I suggest you do... it's incredible stuff! :love

Anybody! Can this guy pass for Haslein?:confused:

I don't see it. I have today off. If I have time, when I get back from a meeting with my son's school, I'll look for that SOTW head again and try and get a few pix. Then, if you guys like it and someone is up to casting it, we'll see about copies for those interested.

Here are the pix that ANG and JESS asked to see over the wknd. The paint/color in the front of the wagon seems to be heading in the right direction but the bars still aren't right. Also, pictured is my cattle prod from Conquest. Looking at the screen grabs it still needs work.

Jess - Send me a price for the 1:6 Bright Eyes wubby. That thing is spot-on. My sculptor and I made one but it came up about a 1/2 inch too short and we used the wrong material but it looks like you have figured out all of the glitches.

Last edited:
Snick, That wagon looks great!! Kudos to Angel for getting that going.
And is that a converted GI Joe flamethrower that became the cattleprod?

I don't see it. I have today off. If I have time, when I get back from a meeting with my son's school, I'll look for that SOTW head again and try and get a few pix. Then, if you guys like it and someone is up to casting it, we'll see about copies for those interested.

Hi IM! That works for me! Do you remember the SOTW figures name? I own a few myself. Thanks, Kent.:gun

That wagon is so realistic, that it looks right out of the Movies. Angel should mass produce his customs and make a fortune like Auggie Romero is doing at Battlegear Toy. :cool:

Snick, That wagon looks great!! Kudos to Angel for getting that going.
And is that a converted GI Joe flamethrower that became the cattleprod?

Thx IM and KFOG. I'll keep moving forward with the front of the wagon. Those damn-dirty bars will drive you insane. They look different in every scene.

The cattle prod is a speargun from the Univeral Monsters "Creature from the Black Lagoon" 8" figure. The handle needs to be removed if it is going to be screen accurate.

KFOG - The Hasseline figure is close but there might be something better out there.

Snick, I have a suggestion regarding the bars of the wagon! Just pick one scene and stick to that color scheme. That way you won't get frustrated.

I must be nesting. I had a dream about cuddling a baby chimpanzee wrapped in a blanket. That was a great dream.

Kfog, I didn't get the Taylor...I'm still thinking about the gorilla. This computer sucks.

Snick - When I get to the point of painting mine, everything will start off black. Once dried, everything will be dry brushed brown to simulate wood. After that's done - minor touches like rivets and bars. I might use a brown/reddish wash as well.

Thx for the tip. I haven't found a brown I'm happy with for the bars. A lot of it looks good in the bottle but when you bring it home it ends up being to bright.

Snick, that's when you get crafty and start mixing blacks and reds with the browns! Even greens. It's always a nice surprise to see what colors you can create.

Back