Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, ironman. Does anyone sell black Eversparkle figures still? I haven't seen one retail in a while. A caucasian figure came with the Army training sets I bought that are buried somewhere among my collection. KB Toys or their Toy Liquidators used to carry them, and I recall seeing 5 packs for around $20 at Sam's Club or another wholesale club. I don't remember any black 21st century figures being released since the first basics figures they released. Do you use white figures with gloves? Can the gloved Hall of Fame hands be used on other figures? How do you get them off without breaking? Boiling water, hairdryer? How did you make the classic soldier figure uniform you posted on PlasticHollywood? Did you use a brown bodysuit and some type material for the vestment part? Are the sleeves completely intact under the gloved hands? I used the ITPT Seaman for a chimp because the body was a similar flesh tone. I wonder if there is some way of making a mold from the 8 inch Verdon and Burke and enlarging it to 1/6 scale. I don't know anything about mold making, it would probably be easier to start off with a new headsculpt. On another note, wasn't there a GI Joe Agent Faces or something that came with interchangeable faces, as well as a few Playing Mantis Captain Action figures with facemasks. Did the GI Joe remake Adventure Team Secret Agent come with a mask? I'm just thinking of a few mutant variants, although regular heads could just be used.

actiontrooper said:
Interesting, ironman. Does anyone sell black Eversparkle figures still? I haven't seen one retail in a while. A caucasian figure came with the Army training sets I bought that are buried somewhere among my collection. KB Toys or their Toy Liquidators used to carry them, and I recall seeing 5 packs for around $20 at Sam's Club or another wholesale club. I don't remember any black 21st century figures being released since the first basics figures they released. Do you use white figures with gloves? Can the gloved Hall of Fame hands be used on other figures? How do you get them off without breaking? Boiling water, hairdryer? How did you make the classic soldier figure uniform you posted on PlasticHollywood? Did you use a brown bodysuit and some type material for the vestment part? Are the sleeves completely intact under the gloved hands? I used the ITPT Seaman for a chimp because the body was a similar flesh tone. I wonder if there is some way of making a mold from the 8 inch Verdon and Burke and enlarging it to 1/6 scale. I don't know anything about mold making, it would probably be easier to start off with a new headsculpt. On another note, wasn't there a GI Joe Agent Faces or something that came with interchangeable faces, as well as a few Playing Mantis Captain Action figures with facemasks. Did the GI Joe remake Adventure Team Secret Agent come with a mask? I'm just thinking of a few mutant variants, although regular heads could just be used.

I'm not sure if they are still easily found. OneSixthDepot may have some. I originally got into them because they were similar to Dragon articulation [except with a Joe chest] and at approx. $14 for 5 figures with gear it was a no brainer. 21st had at least three AA that I know of, 2 carded and a Fireman. How do I remove the hands? I take a pair of needlenose pliers and grip the glove at the wrist. I then grab the arm firmly in my other hand and then pull down on the wrist with the pliers kind of wrenching it from the joint. The uni sleeves are not full sleeves but work fine on other figures if you are going to use gloves or gauntlets again. The brown undersuit was a suit used on an old Ape-Joe figure I had. I used an ITPT figure for a chimp myself, just painted hair on the back of the hands. I don't know that it would be possible to enlarge the old Mego heads to 1:6 but I'd love to have them if it is. Yes, the AT came with a mask, had did the Joe figure you mentioned.

First off, Welcome to the thread Actiontrooper!

decadentdave said:
Don't know if it's been posted already but Amoktime is liquidating Sideshow's inventory of POTA figures at really low closeout prices. All figures are $19.99 and the Slave Taylor/Nova set is $39.99 while supplies last.

Thanks for the update Dave, I've been so tempted to get five, even ten more gorillas, a $100 - $200 savings, not including the savings on shipping is great!

Unfortunately, school is taking up my whole budget. I just picked up a new IMac and Final Cut Pro studio. This year we're shooting all on 8mm, and 16mm. I really dig stop motion and use 1:6 figures to learn the craft. Maybe one day I can make 1:6 shorts for Sideshow or Robot Chicken. This saturday I will be filming an underwater sequence without the water, in B/W with Hasbro's deep suit sea diver and SSC's Creature from the Black Lagoon. :monkey5

IM- hey sorry that I never got that DVD to you for the POTA rareties. I've been so busy with school work and work. Can't wait to see that flag. Hopefully I can start filming a POTA scene. :D

Gorilla rank insignia question

First, stickman, thanks for the warm welcome. A question to all, about Gorilla ranks. In the POTA films, I didn't notice any difference in uniforms, to distinguish between a Gorilla Sergeant or Captain. On the Hasbro Gorilla Sergeant figure, the sergeant has two vertical stripes and a v across his chest in reflective material. From what I noticed on the POTA tv series, the sergeants have two vertical stripes and no v across the chest in silver material. I think the captains may have a V across the chest, for example Perdix from The Deception. I don't know that it was mentioned what his rank was, but I'm guessing a sergeant. Did anyone notice any gorilla soldier in the film or tv series with both the vertical stripes and v across the chest? Has anyone gone through the tedious process of removing either the v or vertical stripes on the Hasbro tunic? Another question about the Hasbro gorillas, can their gloved hands be used on any other figures besides the Hall of Fame Hasbro Joe body? Just curious.

The gorilla "rankings" were created for the TV series. There was a post that specified which rank had which striping, if I can find it I'll repost it.
I have not removed the pre-attached striping from the Hasbro ones, but had restriped one. I wasn't all that impressed with the result, especially with the SS version available. The gloves, once removed, have served no purpose other than than to sit on a background table. I don't believe that they will work on anything but a HOF or maybe a CC with a little work. I have to admit, if I could find them cheap enough, I'd buy a few more to bash about with.
I haven't forgotten about the pix, my camera seems to be on strike and won't recharge. :monkey2

Free shipping on orders of $49.99, plus $19.99 per POTA Sideshow figure at Amok Time, www.amoktime.com . I could lament that my recent order would have included 5 more soldiers at the same price, if there was free shipping last week, lol. Maybe I'll pick up another Caesar, Cornelius, and a mutant or soldier. I'd imagine they'll exhaust their supply pretty soon. ironman, isn't it strange that hasbro had a gorilla sergeant with the stripes and v, when they were doing the movie apes and not the tv series? BTW, are there any dealers that still sell the white Power Team horse for Gen. Urko? I haven't seen any at Big Lots, with any color horse. I think smallblueplabnet carried the horses loose. Maybe it was another online dealer that is still in business? I'm going to a Joe show in PA this sunday, and hopefully will find one or more, in any color.

decadentdave said:
Don't know if it's been posted already but Amoktime is liquidating Sideshow's inventory of POTA figures at really low closeout prices. All figures are $19.99 and the Slave Taylor/Nova set is $39.99 while supplies last.
Great now everybody knows. :rolleyes:
I only have enough spare cash now to get my first Gorilla Soldier, he arrived yesterday and is easily my favorite among the ape figures.
Now all I have to do is save up enough dough for a Taylor Nova pack, a regular Zaius, a regular Mutant, a Astronaut Brent, and a Caesar. I'll never make it. :crying

actiontrooper said:
Free shipping on orders of $49.99, plus $19.99 per POTA Sideshow figure at Amok Time, www.amoktime.com . I could lament that my recent order would have included 5 more soldiers at the same price, if there was free shipping last week, lol. Maybe I'll pick up another Caesar, Cornelius, and a mutant or soldier. I'd imagine they'll exhaust their supply pretty soon. ironman, isn't it strange that hasbro had a gorilla sergeant with the stripes and v, when they were doing the movie apes and not the tv series? BTW, are there any dealers that still sell the white Power Team horse for Gen. Urko? I haven't seen any at Big Lots, with any color horse. I think smallblueplabnet carried the horses loose. Maybe it was another online dealer that is still in business? I'm going to a Joe show in PA this sunday, and hopefully will find one or more, in any color.
Yeah, I wish I waited a little bit, They charged me $10 to ship just one figure. :confused:
I would've tried my best to also get Slave Taylor/ Nova if I had free shipping.

screamingmetal said:
Great now everybody knows. :rolleyes:
I only have enough spare cash now to get my first Gorilla Soldier, he arrived yesterday and is easily my favorite among the ape figures.
Now all I have to do is save up enough dough for a Taylor Nova pack, a regular Zaius, a regular Mutant, a Astronaut Brent, and a Caesar. I'll never make it. :crying

Just trying to do a service for my fellow Apes fans but if it's not appreciated then in the future I won't tell anybody about the awesome deals I find and keep them selfishly to myself.

decadentdave said:
Just trying to do a service for my fellow Apes fans but if it's not appreciated then in the future I won't tell anybody about the awesome deals I find and keep them selfishly to myself.
Oh, go ahead and let us all know about deals, it's much appreciated!
I've benefited from sale alerts posted on this board, I was just kidding you and being a little selfish.
My situation is that I don't have a lot of spare cash right now for 1/6 figures, but when I stumbled upon the sale while window shopping, I saw a great opportunity to add to my Apes.
Hopefully there will be some leftovers next month.

In case you don't know They have a great deal right now on the White Zombie figure for $14.99!

screamingmetal, I feel your pain:lol a month from Christmas and my 1:1 money has been tapped out by 1:6 apes and accessories. decadentdave, don't take it personal. It's frustrating having a great sale go on, when you're unable to act upon it.:lol Matter of fact, after your post I gave Amok time a second look, which is when i discovered the free shipping w/49.99 purchase. Hopefully someone here will increase their ape army as a result of this sale.

OMG, I couldn't stop myself; I ordered 6 Gorilla Soldiers from AMOK TIME ! And they've already shipped! :monkey5

I've just put the wheels in motion to make a detailed astronaut suit for Cornelius. The quality will rival Medicom. It may take a year and it may cost a fortune to produce but I'm doing it. I'll give you details on how much and who to pay when it's closer to completion.

Chris Hight

warlock664 said:
OMG, I couldn't stop myself; I ordered 6 Gorilla Soldiers from AMOK TIME ! And they've already shipped! :monkey5

Awesome, I only hope you didn't take them all. I will be ordering from them soon!!

Has there been any word on the Apexplorers figures? I'm really interested in seeing how their Space Apes turn out.

snickertown, have you ever considered doing 1:6 scale resin or polyvinyl headsculpts of Burke and Virdon? From some of your work ironman has posted, it looks like something that might be up your alley.

warlock664 said:
That's insane! I'm so glad I got a Gorilla when I did, I knew people would buy multiples of that one. :monkey1

snickertown said:
I've just put the wheels in motion to make a detailed astronaut suit for Cornelius. The quality will rival Medicom. It may take a year and it may cost a fortune to produce but I'm doing it. I'll give you details on how much and who to pay when it's closer to completion.

Chris Hight

Hey Chris!!! Glad to see you here!!

Back