Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for the welcoming! This seems to be the place for those that like to customize Ape figures. I'm in the middle of dyeing a more accurate shirt for Zaius. I can't seem to get the dye to work properly.

Yeah welcome aboard Snickertown.

I took this photo of Corny when he wasn't looking. So this is what he's been up to!!

Corny_at_Home1.jpg

Woo Hoo ! I received a full case of 6 GORILLA SOLDIERS today from AMOKTIME! They still have it listed as In-Stock on their website, for anyone interested in building their Ape Army! :chew

Hey All
Just noticed that both versions of Ursus have reached the Sold Out list. well, one is sold out, the regular edition is on Wait List Status.

warlock664 said:
Woo Hoo ! I received a full case of 6 GORILLA SOLDIERS today from AMOKTIME! They still have it listed as In-Stock on their website, for anyone interested in building their Ape Army! :chew

Faster than Quick Draw Mcgraw!

I ordered five from Amok yesterday and it shipped today.
Thats 11 down? I wonder if they're going to move SS' inventory? Honestly I was on the verge of getting 10. They also sent a Happy Thanksgiving Free shipping card!

Yes, they are liquidating Sideshow's inventory so when they are gone, they are all gone... forever.

Thanks Dave, I didn't know that. If this is it, I need to get another Cornelius, Zira, Dr. Z, and regular Taylor. Believe it or not, these are the only figures I don't have multiples of. :monkey3

The Apes should be on page one, dontcha think? BTW, does anyone know what type shoes/ boots Burke and Virdon wear on the tv series? They seemed to be a suede or light tanned, calf leather soft boot. I was thinking of using the Chris Johnston boots from the Dragon Timeline figure. This was the only image I could find of the boots on the figure. https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6050144584&category=27294

snickertown said:
I've just put the wheels in motion to make a detailed astronaut suit for Cornelius. The quality will rival Medicom. It may take a year and it may cost a fortune to produce but I'm doing it. I'll give you details on how much and who to pay when it's closer to completion.

Chris Hight

Great to see you join the thread, Chris! I've been enjoying your Ape work for years.

I'll be looking forward to the progress of your Ape-O-Naut project with GREAT interest. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

stickman said:
Faster than Quick Draw Mcgraw!

I ordered five from Amok yesterday and it shipped today.
Thats 11 down? I wonder if they're going to move SS' inventory? Honestly I was on the verge of getting 10. They also sent a Happy Thanksgiving Free shipping card!
Actually it's 12 down, I ordered one just before the free shipping offer.
I got my Taylor/Nova two pack, and Caesar just a hour ago!
Can't wait to open them.

I ordered another 4, so that's 16. They've extended the free shipping offer to 12-03. It say that Ursus is due back in by the end of November. If he arrives on site by the 3rd, I'll order him.

• Good afternoon Apes. I hope that I have found you all in good heath and happiness. I trust that your Thanksgiving was grand and filled with ape-like artifacts. I come to you only to wish you good times in this Holiday season and to keep the faith alive. One day both our armies shall stand together in victory.
  • Farewell Apes, I shall see you on the field of battle!
  • -The King Of Darkness, King of The Krusade

We thank you for the festive wishes King of Darkness.
May the Holiday season shine brightly on both you and your cause.
May the Lawgiver see fit to shine his favor down on both our goals in the year of 2007.
So be it.

actiontrooper said:
I ordered another 4, so that's 16. They've extended the free shipping offer to 12-03. It say that Ursus is due back in by the end of November. If he arrives on site by the 3rd, I'll order him.

Ohh this is great news. I will be ordering again on friday. The free shipping is a beautiful thing. Wow, five apes for under $100. and no shipping costs is beautiful indeed. :monkey5

My next order shall include:
2 Cornelius
1 Zira
1 reg Dr. Z
1 reg Astro Taylor
1 Mutant Leader
1 Caesar
and 3 more gorillas

I'm almost afraid to do a full count of figures for this line. I don't know. Out of all the lines from SS this one is my favorite. Drotherhood in Arms was really cool while it lasted and will always mean something to me, but the Ape line is ultra cool. I really haven't been too happy with the Star Wars Line, I have all the figures but they have too many problems; arms too long, hands too soft, material too frizzy (really shows up on camera,) and I'm really only a fan of episodes IV, V, and VI.
The universsal monsters are cool but I don't know if there will be any new ones. I finally opened my Creature from the Black Lagoon last week for filming, and he is really awesome. If you don't have him yet, get him, you won't be sorry.

Season greetings to you as well King of darkness! Our armies shall grow stronger with every recruit! We shall be victorious! :emperor

So far with the rewards points I'm at 203 and 1300 pending. I'm not a big fan of this rewards deal. It seems like the same scam used by airlines. Spend mega bucks a get free miles. :monkey4 In fact if I spend $4000, I get $200 of free goods. I've been an avid SSC collector for over ten years and have spent over 4k on them already. My total savings is about $20. I spend that on food alone for two meals a day. :blah

Calling all Ape fans!

Sideshow has their new poll up, so go on over and vote for the Apes! It's your simian duty!

stickman said:
Calling all Ape fans!

Sideshow has their new poll up, so go on over and vote for the Apes! It's your simian duty!
To show support for your cause, and because Highlander was not a choice, I voted for POTA.

Every little bit helps!

-The King Of Darkness

Yep, when we cants help ourselves we should always help out an Ape-in-need! And in all honesty all the other in-stock stuff is doing nothing for me :monkey3

Thanks for the heads-up Dr... I'll keep my eye on this one! I just missed the one offered on the boards earlier for $45 :cuss

Back