Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kfog, I scored a spartan shield 17" in diameter for $21 after shipping/handling. This will save me time. Oh...Dylan is going to come with me to Wondercon dressed up in his Hoplite costume, so I better try to make it look good.

Kfog, I scored a spartan shield 17" in diameter for $21 after shipping/handling. This will save me time. Oh...Dylan is going to come with me to Wondercon dressed up in his Hoplite costume, so I better try to make it look good.

Good to go! Not a bad price at all. Time is money for sure.:D

Thanks for the B-day wish, fellas. Nothing planned today, but we had a meeting at school. Whoopee. When you're as old as a dinosaur, you don't need to be reminded with a special celebration. Today I am 42! I hope I still look 24. That's the goal, at least.

Happy Birthday to all who are celebrating.
Hell, Jess, if you're a dinosaur at 42 I guess I'm extinct.

That is an interesting material and it is close. Did you get it at Walmart? Attached is a photo of the material I have slated.

I luv your Zaius posing with the material. They crack me up.

What a great job on the spaceship snickertown! :duff

Hi Angel! I have one more favor to ask! Can I get the same type of screen shots for Landon also? Pleease! :DThanks, Kent.

We have one month until Blu apes and Original Conquest... Is anyone here picking it up? I just realized that the release date is the same day as election day, so you can use the countdown on the news for the countdown to the set as well. I preordered it from Amazon, but don't have a player.... I'll have to find someone with a ps3....

I was going to see what the fallout was over at the apes groups to see whether or not I should feel sorry for myself for not being able to afford it. Do you know if the pre-order contains the coffee table book? Maybe that would be the only thing I would be interested in, being that I don't have a player. My husband was talking about a DVD/Blu Ray player. Maybe he will invest in one and I can luck out...

Cant wait for the POTA box set on Blue Ray. I just finished upgrading my home theater with a new preamp and new 133 inch screen. I sell consumer electronics and I can tell you the PS3 is still the best value in a blue ray machine out there. Another good choice in a bd machine is the Sony S350 at 299.95.

Hasslien - Love that picture of Caesar and that quote from Breck. :cool:

Thanks. I was playing around with the image, trying to make it look like old, lost footage, but you don't really get the effect when it's so small. I can't wait to see the conquest cut! (Obviously) :banana:banana:banana It's like we're getting a new apes film, but classic... I really hoped they would screen it here, the two reviews of the cut from the screening in Texas were written by people that weren't familiar enough with the film to point out the differences. Plus I'm on the fence, do I really want to know ahead of time, or be surprised when I first see it?

I wonder if we see Mrs. Riley get hers... She has all these scenes showing what a B*#$H she is in the beginning, then she disappears...

I've been so busy with my son's costume!! GaaahhhH!!!!

Here's what I've been monkeying with. It started out as a vinyl rubber ball that I taped craft foam to, and sprayed with gold paint. For the cuirass, I was going to sew it with a machine, but the damned foam kept sticking and messing up the gold fabric...so I am hand-embroidering it. I still have to make the grieves for the legs, sew the undergarment, and MacGuyver some kind of way to clasp the shoulders and sides closed. If I push on in this manner, perhaps I will finish it before this Saturday. Not bad for a costume for a nine year old, huh?

Cornelius025.jpg

Cornelius027.jpg

Last edited:
I love the flow of action in this scene. One of the few bloody shots to make it. But if you slow it down... The ape misses with the butt of the rifle by a mile, and you see the actor's mouth bursting with fake blood ready to be spit out.

I think that bit is in the trailer as well...

Last edited:
Back