Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Taylor wanted to set a Pepsi on the dashboard of the Icarus he would find that the actual dashboard is much smaller than the one Matt is making on your 1/6 scale model.

Compare the area wear Taylor would set his Pepsi compared to the 1/6 model you're building.

Last edited:
Don't get yourself in any deeper Angel. That Icarus looks just about right according to the blueprints. The photos you posted don't reflect that, but those screengrabs may have shown a distorted view because of the angles.

Here is a link to the blueprints:

ANG/JOM - I'm in agreement with both of you. It looks off but that has to do with the way the ship was filmed. Bill Creber, the designer, mentions it in an article by Jim Key. Thx to both of you for speaking up.

To me the window doesn't even look like it's on an angle but it is.

IM, I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. My prayers are with you. :monkey2

I love those pictures Snick.

ANG/JOM - I'm in agreement with both of you. It looks off but that has to do with the way the ship was filmed. Bill Creber, the designer, mentions it in an article by Jim Key. Thx to both of you for speaking up.

To me the window doesn't even look like it's on an angle but it is.

Remember the old expression, "Measure twice, cut once"? Well, it's been updated to "Measure twice, consult blueprints, consult Jim Key blueprints, consult set photos, consult screengrabs, then cut". LOL. Believe me, i've been scratching my head all the way through this. But, really, thanks for all your support and input. And your screengrabs, angel. Note the grab with Dodge reaching underneath for the life raft. That gives a better indication of the depth of the front dash.

Note the grab with Dodge reaching underneath for the life raft. That gives a better indication of the depth of the front dash.

That is a good indicator of the depth.

Stix - Thx for the nod.

ANG - That's an awesome picture of the 4 Taylors with the ship digitally finished. I luv it! It's on page 1099 (Post #10987) for anyone wondering what I'm writing about.

Matt-that sucker is coming along nicely!

Thanks, enaud. I know it's hard to tell from the angles, and none of the blueprints are 100% correct, but i questimate it's accuracy within an eighth of an inch. Also, i haven't forgotten you with regards to the Heston lifemask. Did you purchase the one on ebay? If not, i can always make you a copy of mine. Thinking back, i might have gotten it off ebay, and if it was from that very person, his copy would be one generation better.

Yeah, you guys are doing Some Job! What are your ideas on displaying this masterpeice? Will it be suspended from the ceiling?

Hey Angel,

Next time you post updated pics of your Tribunal scene can you try a shot through the awesome partitions, or walls, you made? How is your scene coming? Or, are you just working on Caesar now?

Oh, and Where's Jessica. She hasn't posted lately. Very unlike her. :whip

Still around, Sticks...just very busy with Halloween costumes. Banging out the Hoplite costume so I can start on mine. We have a costume contest at work (I decided to be a moonbase babe because I have all the materials, even a purple wig)...and work has been keeping me a busy monkey lately with crappy data. Hate that!! :maul

Also my other son wants me to make him a Nemo costume...so I've been thinking through how to create that...need to swing by the fabric store tomorrow after the facemold session. YAY!!! :banana Better remember to take my allergy meds so that I can breathe through my nose...How do you relax for something claustrophobic like that? :horror If I can live through the facemold process, I can live through the goo process...Too bad I can't get a hold of some valium, huh?

I'm going to miss out on the Blue Angels flying over the Bay for fleetweek, but I wouldn't miss my makeup process for anything...We can't see the Blue Angels Sunday because piano practice was moved to then by the piano teacher.

Hi folks.
Just wanted to say I probably won't be around here much for a bit.
Mom passed away yesterday morning. Been trying to sort everything out and help with the arrangements, which never gets to be an easy thing.
See you all if I get back.
:monkey2

Hello IM! I am very sorry for the loss of Your Mother. My condolences go out to you and your Family. I lost my Father in March of 1995 and know how it is to lose a Parent. I hope You find peace of mind through the grieving process. Take care, Kent.

Have you guys seen this image before? I only encountered it today:

charlton-heston-died-040608_0011.jpg

It must have been taken around the same time as the photo below. I thought I preferred the one above, but seeing the two together I can't decide which one I like best. I like them both very much.

Presentation1.jpg

Hi Jessica! I think that I have seen pics that are close to those. I really like those pictures though!

Back