Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you guys are probably tired of hearing me say this...but I go under the goop this Saturday! I can't wait!! If I don't post something somewhere, I will explode!! Thanks for listening, guys.

Hi Jess! I forgot to put these pictures of my Horses one when you were discussing them earlier in the week.

Very cool, Kfog. What is the name of the horse in the third photograph, that looks like it's poseable? How much do those go for? Do they fit the apes nicely?

Very cool, Kfog. What is the name of the horse in the third photograph, that looks like it's poseable? How much do those go for? Do they fit the apes nicely?

Hello Jess! You can get those Horses at Big Lots!

I've been so busy with my son's costume!! GaaahhhH!!!!

Here's what I've been monkeying with. It started out as a vinyl rubber ball that I taped craft foam to, and sprayed with gold paint. For the cuirass, I was going to sew it with a machine, but the damned foam kept sticking and messing up the gold fabric...so I am hand-embroidering it. I still have to make the grieves for the legs, sew the undergarment, and MacGuyver some kind of way to clasp the shoulders and sides closed. If I push on in this manner, perhaps I will finish it before this Saturday. Not bad for a costume for a nine year old, huh?

[

Jess - That is a great costume. You made that helmet from scratch? Did you get the lifecast this wknd?

ANG - Cool Conquest pix. If you get a chance post some backpack pix.

Shompdog - Thx! I was working the chairs last night for the ship.

Almost done with the cuirass. I only need to sew buttons on the top leather, which will also be used to hold down the red cape. Thinking about making the grieves now. I'll probably make it out of foam with gold material sewn on top. I like how it glitters.

I also have to line the inside of the helmet with some kind of fabric, so that the tape inside can be covered and won't scratch Dylan. And, I have to paint the "feathery" part of the helmet black.

Snick, I made the helmet from scratch. It started out as a red vinyl ball that I cut in half for the dome part of the helmet. The rest of it is just craft foam that I taped together.

Cornelius030.jpg

Guys, the Cornelius Medicom enlarged head I ordered from Mr. Enlarger is still in the works. The cast keeps cracking, so he is trying to resolve the issue.

Only the grieves left, and the fasteners for the shoulder and cape!! Then I don't know if I want to be a UFO moonbase person or the Mighty Isis! Perhaps Isis, since my hair is long enough. I'm not sure now.

hoplite006-1.jpg

Only the grieves left, and the fasteners for the shoulder and cape!! Then I don't know if I want to be a UFO moonbase person or the Mighty Isis! Perhaps Isis, since my hair is long enough. I'm not sure now.

Isis is a great and cost effective idea. My gf and I agreed that we were going to dress up in Battlestar Galactica outfits this year. We're big fans of the new show and all you need is a grey t-shirt, black tanktop and olive green pants.

Dr. Shrinker seems to take his time. I'll email him about Burke. With ANG working on a revised Burke head it I'm not pushing him like a should.

Matt S. emailed a picture of ye ol' spaceship. It's awesome.

Hey alL,
I know I haven't been as present as I would like to be, and no Angel I haven't been painting.
As crappy as this year has been with my son needing surgery to start off the year then my wife having the clot problems and subsequent multible surgeries due to complications you would think it couldn't get any worse. I just found out a few days back that the doctors don't expect my mom to make it thru the week. She has been battling cancer and it seems that she will soon lose that battle. I spent many hours the last few days in the hospital and she is a shell of the woman I grew up with. It sucks to see someone deteriorate like that. I think she expects it to end soon too, but it's really not a converstion any of us want to lengthen just yet.
Anyway, if anyone was wondering where'd I'd been thats the answer. may lurk in from time to time as even reading or just seeing what you guys are up to can help put a smile on. Be back when I can, hopefully not too long. Just wanted to let you folks know, those that frequent this thread that will not die.

Isis is a great and cost effective idea. My gf and I agreed that we were going to dress up in Battlestar Galactica outfits this year. We're big fans of the new show and all you need is a grey t-shirt, black tanktop and olive green pants.

Dr. Shrinker seems to take his time. I'll email him about Burke. With ANG working on a revised Burke head it I'm not pushing him like a should.

Matt S. emailed a picture of ye ol' spaceship. It's awesome.

SNICK - I must be wrong, you have all the pix; but I honestly don't recall the Icarus extending so far beyond Taylors' cushioned seat. Is that correct?

Hey alL,
I know I haven't been as present as I would like to be, and no Angel I haven't been painting.
As crappy as this year has been with my son needing surgery to start off the year then my wife having the clot problems and subsequent multible surgeries due to complications you would think it couldn't get any worse. I just found out a few days back that the doctors don't expect my mom to make it thru the week. She has been battling cancer and it seems that she will soon lose that battle. I spent many hours the last few days in the hospital and she is a shell of the woman I grew up with. It sucks to see someone deteriorate like that. I think she expects it to end soon too, but it's really not a converstion any of us want to lengthen just yet.
Anyway, if anyone was wondering where'd I'd been thats the answer. may lurk in from time to time as even reading or just seeing what you guys are up to can help put a smile on. Be back when I can, hopefully not too long. Just wanted to let you folks know, those that frequent this thread that will not die.

I'm so sorry to hear this awful news Ironman. My prayers go out to your mom and your entire family.

Ironman, I am so sorry to hear of your woes. I pray that you and your family will find the strength to go on in this hour of need. You are stronger and braver than you will ever know.

For any of you guys who have little girls, I just ordered a pair of Buster Brown Boots (chunky heel, square toes) from Amazon for $9.98!! I bought a brown and black one. Have never seen this type of boot to be so inexpensive. I got size 4. They go all the way up to size 5. It is probably fleather, but for this price who cares?

Edited to say: I looked at the price after s/h, and it's $22.78 to California. yay.

Last edited:
SNICK - I must be wrong, you have all the pix; but I honestly don't recall the Icarus extending so far beyond Taylors' cushioned seat. Is that correct?

It's true. The ship goes back that far. We're working from the original blue prints of the set converted into 1:6 scale. I can understand where your coming from it doesn't look that long but they used a specific camera lens for that scene which might be throwing off our eyes.

Iron - Sorry to hear about your mom. Losing a mother is devastating even when you know it's coming.

It's true. The ship goes back that far. We're working from the original blue prints of the set converted into 1:6 scale. I can understand where your coming from it doesn't look that long but they used a specific camera lens for that scene which might be throwing off our eyes.

Hmmmmm.... My memory seems to remember it more like this...

The black trench I drew in the floor was much lower than the 4 seats and it ran down the center off the aisle. The aisle/trench led up to the red escape hatch and the tunnel. I'm remembering the white dashboard just above the red tunnel being sooooo much closer. I also sketched in the window the way remember it. I'm going to have to check that out. Like I already said, you have all the pictures and you must be right.

Last edited:
Snick - I really think the drawings you're using are "off".

Take a look at this picture of Heston. I'd be willing to bet that he could almost touch the red hatch with his left foot.

Last edited:
Back