Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel I must have missed that thread about your five Marx horses. Do you still have the extra Virdon?

Last night I fired up the old VCR and rewatched Escape, the continuation of what I did not finish from the weekend. I don't know why, but sometimes I crave watching this particular movie. I guess I am studying Zira's hair, and there is more of her in this movie than the other movies.

I got the fabric at Joanne Fabrics. You have to keep a serious eye out for it because when they have a new supply, some greedy pig usually comes along and buys the whole bolt of fabric because their project usually requires gobs of it. I figured that you would have less seams this way...but the material you have chosen looks great as photographed.

That is an interesting material and it is close. Did you get it at Walmart? Attached is a photo of the material I have slated.

I luv your Zaius posing with the material. They crack me up.

Is this picture of your older Icarus? That is a very cool invroment. Taylor is going to look great in it. I can see stars flying by outside the cockpit window. Amazing, I can't wait to see more. Thanks a bunch snick!

Is this picture of your older Icarus? That is a very cool invroment. Taylor is going to look great in it. I can see stars flying by outside the cockpit window. Amazing, I can't wait to see more. Thanks a bunch snick!

STIX - Yes. This is the original Icarus. It looks great it just wasn't what I was aiming for. On the brightside, it will be perfect for your films. The window has a bunch of pinpoint holes and is painted black so you could light it from behind to give you a "star field."

ANG/JESS - Thx for letting me know about the material. I like the original stuff too. I think Jess' material would work just as nice.

This week I should have the infamous "boot glyph". For those keeping track, I had a second one sculpted for the Dr. Zaius Armageddon figure and it was "accidentally" thrown out by my first sculptor. After GoApeBilly gave Jess an actual repo of the glyph I decided to get that sculpted in 1:6 scale. The glyph is supposed to be done by tomorrow so it will probably be next week.

ANG - Thx for the Zira tip. I need one.

I got me two ziras for my b-day. Not like I needed any more, but the price was too good to pass up. Thanks, Angel.

He looks a lot more like a TV Series Gorilla than a Movie Gorilla...

If that makes any sense...

OMG OMG OMG!!! Cornelius is going to set up a makeup date in maybe two weeks to start the process. I will have to wear my hair in a pony tail and he will take a mold of the front part of my face. :banana

And, Cornelius will be my date for the SF Wondercon coming up in February...it's official! He will be in the goo as well with a new chimp prosthetic. We will commute together and just have a great time. Oh joy oh joy!! :banana

For those of you making Armando, here's the actual outfit I used. This 1st three sites are all auctions on eBay.

ANG - Excellent! Thank you for posting.

Stix - Happy B-Day! I hope you get lotz of ape related stuff.

JESS - Can't wait to see the pix. Is Cornelius going to work with the apemania prosthetic?

I've got the painting fever. I started painting the inside of the wagon and I'm itching to get back to it.

Snick--Cornelius is going with a new ape prosthetic created by Tom Trubalcava. He wants Tom to sculpt mine and his new one at the same time. Even if I don't get to go to London because my husband refuses to let me have fun over there with my friends, then I will still have this convention to look forward to. (Marriage is very trying, sometimes!!)

Several weeks ago I posted a picture of a new gorilla sculpt and I mentioned that I didn't like it. He really needed some more hair. KFog and Ironman chimed in and agreed on that point. Well, here he is once again with more hair. I like him better now.

He sure does look like one "Bad Ass" Gorilla from the TV series!:monkey4

Still in the middle of muddling through my son's Hoplite armor. I finished the helmet but I need to spray it with gold. Does anybody have any idea of what I could use for a shield? I need something circular that is rounded a bit. I could probably tape craft foam together but if I could think of something circular about 2-3 feet in diameter, it would save me some time.

Also, the sewing machine is getting stuck sewing the armor so I have to handsew...I have only managed to sew 8 inches of armor (sewing gold stretch fabric on top of foam)...I'm tuckered out and calling it a night. I'm going to try to get some snooze now...

Oh joy...what a wonderful day I had!

Snick--Cornelius is going with a new ape prosthetic created by Tom Trubalcava. He wants Tom to sculpt mine and his new one at the same time. Even if I don't get to go to London because my husband refuses to let me have fun over there with my friends, then I will still have this convention to look forward to. (Marriage is very trying, sometimes!!)

It sounds like you are still getting a lifecast. Maybe Tom can base his prosthetic off of the apemania prosthetic which I think was taken from the original molds.

Let me get this straight: You are going to be in London at the same time as the convention but he won't let you go?

Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words of welcome..Sorry if it seemed so wierd for me to join then suddenly disappear, but I threw my back out yesterday and Haven't been able to sit upright at the PC until today...

Oxnard, just to chime in on the horse issue again. Yes, it depends on what you want to do with them. The Thunderbolts are ok but they have no leg poseability, so unless all your apes just like to sit on horses and never get anywhere..... :monkey3

Angel, that gorilla looks great, don't kid yourself. It is a must have for the frontline in any garrison.

Sticks, happy belated Birthday my friend!!

Snick, the Icarus is coming along wonderfully. I am more than envious.

Snick, I will be in Manchester (maybe)! at the same time the gathering takes place (if it does take place!)...but everything including my trip is up in the air. Manchester is only one hour away via flight or less to London. If I am in Manchester (my husband is not coming along to trip), I will muscle my way to London and leave the kids at my inlaws. If I am stuck in the Bay Area, I wanted to fly to London and leave the brood behind just for a few days, which I have never done before.

So...in any case at least I have February to look forward to if I am not going to be in the UK.

Oxnard, sorry to hear about your back. Hope all is better now!!

Back