Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still in the middle of muddling through my son's Hoplite armor. I finished the helmet but I need to spray it with gold. Does anybody have any idea of what I could use for a shield? I need something circular that is rounded a bit. I could probably tape craft foam together but if I could think of something circular about 2-3 feet in diameter, it would save me some time.

Also, the sewing machine is getting stuck sewing the armor so I have to handsew...I have only managed to sew 8 inches of armor (sewing gold stretch fabric on top of foam)...I'm tuckered out and calling it a night. I'm going to try to get some snooze now...

Oh joy...what a wonderful day I had!

Hi Jess! You could always buy a shield, especially during this time of year.:monkey3

Hey Adam!! Happy belated Birthday Brother. Have you caught up to me yet? Later, Kent.:gandalf:fest:happybday

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You Jessica! My wife just brought me in a small package that arrived from Nebraska! This is awesome! [Two worlds just collided somewhere!] It's a custom made Planet of the Apes shirt and the apes on it are all wearing the Kiss makeup! :mexwave

That was very thoughtful of you and I really appreciate it. Thanks a million! :angelsmil

Last edited:
KFog-Sticks will never catch up to you. You are an old man :gandalf (very old) and Sticks is just a young punk:rock2! Happy Birthday :happybday to you Sticks! My gift to you will be more time spent on your wagon this weekend! How's that for a really cool gift?:fest

Ha, Ha, look Who's talkin! :gun:angelsmil:emperor

Hey Angel, can You send me a screen capture of Dodge with a front and side views of His head? I need to send them to a person who does facial hair for sculpts. Thanks, Kent.

It;s Jess' Birthday too? Whoa! Happy Birthday Jess! Do you have anything planned special today?:naughty:banana:fest:duff:ccheerlea :happybday:happybday:happybday

All that I can say about you all, is that your parents had a little bit of action going on 9 months earlier on New years eve! Such as the following! Drinking :duff conversation :blah more drinking :drink chugging :chug rocking out :rock2 and then some naughtiness :banana :naughty

Snick, I will be in Manchester (maybe)! at the same time the gathering takes place (if it does take place!)...but everything including my trip is up in the air. Manchester is only one hour away via flight or less to London. If I am in Manchester (my husband is not coming along to trip), I will muscle my way to London and leave the kids at my inlaws. If I am stuck in the Bay Area, I wanted to fly to London and leave the brood behind just for a few days, which I have never done before.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything works out. It would be great to meet the blokes from the U.K. You could be our ambassador of good will.

Happy B-Day to you and Enuad.

Lastly, the boot glyph has been sculpted and is perfect. :banana I'll mold it up this wknd.

ANG - Glad you like the ship. I'm luving it too. I have two chairs that are perfect and need two more.

STIX - Sculptor #1 is delighted you will use the original ship in a short film.

You are ALL so kind. Thank you ALL so much. I went out with some friends last night, and went out to dinner tonight with my father. It's been great getting a lot of work done here at my parents house but my back is paying for it. I can't wait to get back to Seattle so I can take some fun photos again.

Keep those photos coming in!

We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything works out. It would be great to meet the blokes from the U.K. You could be our ambassador of good will.

Happy B-Day to you and Enuad.

Lastly, the boot glyph has been sculpted and is perfect. :banana I'll mold it up this wknd.

ANG - Glad you like the ship. I'm luving it too. I have two chairs that are perfect and need two more.

STIX - Sculptor #1 is delighted you will use the original ship in a short film.

Snicketown, this yung punk would be honored!

Kfog, and Jess Happy Birthday!

Birthday cheers all around.

This thread is the best.

Thanks for the B-day wish, fellas. Nothing planned today, but we had a meeting at school. Whoopee. When you're as old as a dinosaur, you don't need to be reminded with a special celebration. Today I am 42! I hope I still look 24. That's the goal, at least.

Enaud, I also remembered that today is your birthday--a very happy birthday to you, and a big birthday hug.

Last edited:
I guess the month of October is just filled with ape birthdays! Angel--your b-day is coming up shortly, before you know it!

Hope the shirt fits. I know you were disappointed that the KISS shirt was too small when it went on sale at Evilbay. Besides I think it went for over $100 bucks.

Back