Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post the pictures wear they put the maple syrup on you. Looks like you're wearing pancake batter!

:lol :rotfl

Actually, Dan said it would feel warm because they used warm water, but by the time the alginate was ready for putting on my face, it felt like refrigerated pancake batter. And, they put it on slowly, an inch at a time, so I wasn't overwhelmed. :rolleyes:

Don't the pictures look so freaky?

Sticks – you wagon is now all glued together. It’s not finished yet. I apoxied in all the joints and sanded it all down over the last couple of days. I need to work on the rear doors with the apoxie because I’ll have to do some cutting on those as well. (They’re too big.) I also have to make a new brake stick because I lost the one that I originally made.:(

After that, I need to put a few more rivets in it so you, apply the brake shoes and the brake lever, and install the hinges on the doors. Then it’s time to box it up. :)

Thank you so much Angel. I got your email regarding the epanuts. I'll get on that soon. I can't wait to get some photos rolling. It's going to be so nice to get my ape on. :banana

Here's an experiment I did with the chimp on the left. I used a Sideshow Zira head and turned her into Lucius. I figured they were related and look similar so... I augmented it. Not sure if I like it. I could always use it as an chimp "extra" holding up a protest banner like in Beneath.

I just find that very clever Angel! Great job on that Chimp. He really does look like Lucius and can also stand in for any other Teenage Ape. What a neat Extra to put in with your collection.:monkey5

Stickman - I'm planning on working on it tomorrow for several more hours as well. I’ll keep you updated…

I have got to say it over and over! That wagon is so fine and the details are so outstanding that they really stand out! I would love to see the completed Wagon with a weathered painted version. Awsome!:monkey5:whip

Here are a couple pix of the ape backpacks I’ve been making. I’m also “thickening” up the rear doors of Stickman’s ape wagon so that the screws have something thicker to bite into.

Those Backpacks look like the real thing. Are they functional? I guess that it doesn't matter either way, you never see them open on the Movies.:rolleyes:

Look what I bought over the weekend, guys. I know it's not exactly the same color as Dr. Z's gloves, but it's real leather and I got it for $24.99 and it's lined with cashmere. I don't think I will find the exact leather to match so I am tempted to purchase another pair so I could cut it apart and recreate Dr. Z's hieroglyphs. Cutting up another pair of good gloves just for hieroglyphs is not as bad as spending $175 for an Apemania pair, which will probably be too big for me anyway.

Oct2008067.jpg

I thought I was going to see more pictures of C & Z on the Vespa. :rolleyes:

I wish! I have no time for fun. I only have 2 more weekends now to complete the Halloween costumes. :monkey4

If my inlaws come for a visit, they will just have to excuse me!! :maul

I am not going out the next couple of weekends. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4Have....to....finish....these....costumes!!!!!

Stickman - You may want to talk to Snickertown to see what paint he's been using. He could recommend colors and qtys if you're interested.
Just got back from my mothers Bday lunch. Great isea Angel.

Any updated pics of your wagon snick? What brand of pain have you been using, and what colors? WooHoo.

Jess, very cool gloves.

I went on a reconnaissance mission today to procure the other set of the gloves!! Luckily, there were two pairs available. I would HATE it if I was unable to find another pair to cut up...I really want to be able to drive around wearing my gloves with Dr. Zaius hieroglyphs!!! (crazy, I know...)

After taxes, it is $27 for one pair of gloves...and they were originally $70. (The $70 price is what I was finding on the internet)...

I'll probably be slogging late at the saltmines. I will look forward to those pictures, Angel...they did not unchain me until 10PM Monday night, so hopefully today my misery will end at five...but that is highly unlikely.

Holy crap. I can't believe I just injured my thumb trying to stab ice at the bottom of my insulted mug. The ice was too big and I was trying to stab them into smaller pieces. Gosh dang it!!! I hope I find some super glue in the car. bloody hell.

Found some superglue. That will serve as a water barrier until my skin sutures itself. The fork I was using was too short, and the cup too tall--so with super force I jabbed at the ice and wounded myself with the lip of the cup. If I weren't so upset at myself I would probably faint.

Note to self...do not use regular ice...make the extra time to get crushed ice so I won't do something stupid like this again.

Does anybody use fullers earth to age their action figure clothing? just wondering...saw some on evilbay that was only less than $5 after s/h...

yay! they have unchained me for the evening. I can now help swell up traffic for my 12-mile commute home. Hope it doesn't last longer than 45 minutes.

Tomorrow will be the day that I may have to stay late. Not looking forward to that. I need a vacation.

Back