Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I may have found some foam for the bottom of my chimp shoes. I'll post photos. I hope my shoes come out ok.

I'm not done yet with the "bib" on the gorilla yet. I still need to sew it, and hand wash it in some soapy water. A gentle hand scrubbing with some soap will remove the stiff paint on the fabric.

What is this bib from? TV series? Which one? Interesting.

Holy crap. I can't believe I just injured my thumb trying to stab ice at the bottom of my insulted mug. The ice was too big and I was trying to stab them into smaller pieces. Gosh dang it!!! I hope I find some super glue in the car. bloody hell.

Oh my, I hope you're all right.

I then cut off the loose "stings" that had hardened along the edges from the black paint.

I still need to sew a bit on him also. I have to put "ties" on each side of this apron. Should call it an apron?

Very cool Angel. I even love those red boots!

My thumb is 90% better--only hurts when I press it, but because it's a fresh cut and not because it's infected. Yay! Superglue works wonders!!

Just wanted to share that I purchased a Sideshow gorilla wearing chimp clothes, came out to $16 after s/h. The important thing is he's wearing the black boots which I haven't figured out how to customize yet. If it doesn't have the gorilla split toes because I couldn't really tell from the photograph, I can live with it...or fix it up with some Apoxie. The rest of his clothes I will probably just sew when I get to it. Another gorilla in the ranks!!

Last edited:
My thumb is 90% better--only hurts when I press it, but because it's a fresh cut and not because it's infected. Yay! Superglue works wonders!!

Just wanted to share that I purchased a Sideshow gorilla wearing chimp clothes, came out to $16 after s/h. The important thing is he's wearing the black boots which I haven't figured out how to customize yet. If it doesn't have the gorilla split toes because I couldn't really tell from the photograph, I can live with it...or fix it up with some Apoxie. The rest of his clothes I will probably just sew when I get to it. Another gorilla in the ranks!!

Hi Jess! I hope that Your thumb gets better. Remember the old joke? Person goes to their Doctor and says? Hey Doc, it hurts when I do that! The Doc says, well don't do that!:peace

And the collection grows.....:naughty :banana

Oops! Here's a shot of him wearing his black ape boots. I always liked red & black as a combo. Did you notice the new flag in the background?

This blackened material is a bit stiff right now, but after a gentle hand washing in some soapy water it'll be better.

Angel, that Red and Black suit looks great! Just like out of the TV show! You are full of never ending ideas. Thanks for the eye candy!
:monkey5

It is nice. Angel, can you PM me your address again. If I get it tonight, I'll try to get those peanuts mailed to you before I leave. I fly out early tomorrow AM. I've been informed that my harddrive burned out while I was away but was replaced. However, i may have to re-install a few programs, and hopefully I didn't loose any video, but am very skeptical. Basically i may need a few days to get back online so if you don't hear from me give me a few days. :)

Thank you so much Jessica. So what was the deal with the mask? Is it done? What else is getting done to it? I can't wait to see it.

In case Angel doesn't log on tonight, Does anyone have his address? If so, can you please PM me? Thanks Ape Freaks!

I am PMng you Angel's address, Sticks.

Re: the Zira appliance...haven't heard from them yet. When I left Dan was in the middle of making a positive of my face. I already e-mailed him photos of my sideview, 3/4 profile and front view of my face so they could use that as a reference to make sure the mold is not warped. Plus...I wonder how they're going to deal with my dimples...does it matter? Don't know. I'm dying to find out!

I am PMng you Angel's address, Sticks.

Re: the Zira appliance...haven't heard from them yet. When I left Dan was in the middle of making a positive of my face. I already e-mailed him photos of my sideview, 3/4 profile and front view of my face so they could use that as a reference to make sure the mold is not warped. Plus...I wonder how they're going to deal with my dimples...does it matter? Don't know. I'm dying to find out!

Thanks Jessica. I'm so ready for a vacation. I can't wait to see that mask. It looks and sounds like a lot of fun.

Everyone have a good night.

Angel, I'll send you those peanuts. Salted or non salted? :)

Oh silly me, Angel included his address with his email. Thanks Mark.

I'll talk to you all in a couple of days when I get situated.

Oh, delivery of the peanuts is set for 10/21.

FYI - Family Video has the blu ray "Book" set for $94.95 pre order, tax & shipping included. Also, digital bits posted that Samsung is dropping the price of their Blu Ray player bd-1500 to $149.00 around black Friday. Supposedly it is junk, but maybe other brands will drop prices this low as well...

Back