Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay me! I finished the bloody Nemo costume!! :banana

Here are two photos with Ethan wearing the costume I made, and you know what? I'll kill him if he doesn't wear it:
Oct2008009-1.jpg
Oct2008001.jpg

There are two holes right where the fins are, so he can stick his hands in there and wiggle the fins. The right fin is much smaller than the left one.

You ain't finished Jess! You need to make Ethan a hat that’s shaped like a dorsal fin and some cool shoes that look like coral. Maybe you could use some big sponges or something?!:winkpumpk

Very cool ideas, Angel...but I need to move on and finalize Dylan's outfit (add padding to his helmet, finish his grieves, add buttons for easy on and off for his cuirass)...and I have to redo a part of my belt that I lost. :monkey2

But....that dorsal hat idea is something very cool and easy to make...but then I don't want to make it if he won't wear it. I'll ask him if he wants one!!

Ethan didn't want a dorsal fin hat, so I ended up not making one. But it would have been perfect for his outfit!!

I finished the grieves...and added buttons to the cuirass...I will just need to add velcro to the sides for easy on and off...

so one minor thing for my belt left. :banana

This means that I won't be pulling an allnighter come the night before Halloween, trying to finish costumes. Next year I will start costumes 8 weeks in advance instead of five, to account for the unexpected life events and visitors that take up my precious weekend time.

And joy oh joy!! My husband bought a dremel tool! He was teasing me and put it way up high in the cabinet so I can't reach it...but I know where it is and I can easily access it if I climb up onto the countertop! :mwaha

I need to wake up my Lawgiver project!! :monkey1

Yay me! I finished the bloody Nemo costume!! :banana

Here are two photos with Ethan wearing the costume I made, and you know what? I'll kill him if he doesn't wear it:
Oct2008009-1.jpg
Oct2008001.jpg

There are two holes right where the fins are, so he can stick his hands in there and wiggle the fins. The right fin is much smaller than the left one.

LOL. That is so Awesome. Great job Jessica.

It's been WEEKS since I did anything custom-related for me, so I decided (since I've been thinking about Angel's projects that I will sew for him) to try to sculpt my ugly Mego into a Dr. Galen. And you know what? It was HARD (especially his nose) because it's so frickin' tiny!

This is what I started with:
DrGalen001.jpg

This is how he progressed:
DrGalen004.jpg

DrGalen005.jpg

And he's now "curing" since I worked Apoxie on him. I tried sculpey baking clay, but I was too lazy to go downstairs and toast him up in the toaster oven (besides, my Apoxie was upstairs!!).

Hope he looks really menacing when I am done painting him up. I'm also going to "hair" up his arms like Angel has done.
DrGalen006.jpg

Hi everyone.
Just letting you know that you haven't lost me completely. Been rough as you might imagine. Trying to delve into the hobby and even add to my collection, but the mind wanders more frequently than usual nad my ptience wanes. Sooo much I want to accomplish but the simplest memory knocks me off track.
I went back and was reading thru some of the "old" posts late last night on this thread. Can't believe that the "core" group got up to a little over 2000 posts and then in the last year we've exploded with another 9000. This thread is like my internet child and that was its growth spurt.
Jess, thanks for the support and kind thoughts. It was a nice surprise to receive and it truly warmed my heart.
Thanks to the rest of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I may not be here as frequently, but I am here.

I put a thin layer of super glue on my "F" finger of my right hand, so it wouldn't feel so raw...which came about from all the mad hand-sewing I did on my son's Nemo costume...I really should use a thimble whenever I hand-sew...

Last edited:
This is what I posted in the yahoo group.

Where to start... Remember,the Imaginasian is screening the two films
in 35mm at 7, and Zanuck's receiving an award across the street in a
nightclub at 6:45... I get to Imaginasian early and see the last 45
mins of Omegaman, and they say anyone who saw Omegaman can go to the
club and see Linda accept the award for Zanuck for free (Admission for
that event was $15, remember.) Well Linda is there at 7, she doesn't go
into the velvet rope area, she's just hanging out there. Other awards
are also handed out, open bar & food, Linda doesn't get introduced
until 8. (After a film clip homage to Heston, which plays the final
scene spoiler to apes, go figure) She looks great in a black form
fitting dress, and she's prepared a nice tribute to both Heston &
Zanuck, but the audience is restless because of everything running
late, at one point the mediator interrupts her, and says he wanted to
hear what it was like working with Heston, as opposed to the story she
was in the middle of, and then some moron plays some music to rush her
off the stage. The mediator tells her to continue, but he does cut her
short, then he introduces Buck Kartalian, who is funny, but they're
rushing him off the stage. Buck tells him to hold on, he has another
anecdote to tell. They finish up, then we are told we have our choice
to stay and watch the blu ray there, or go across the street and see
both in 35mm, introduced by Linda & Ted Post. I rush across the street,
Planet started at 7 instead of waiting like we were told would happen.
There were only a handful of people there, the print was dark & washed
out, only eight people stayed for Beneath, the print I'm assuming was
the same as last year's, only it was dark & not as sharp...and no into
in between by Harrison... I don't think she introduced the films at 7 ,
unless she did it really quickly and rushed over to the club, maybe
someone else can fill you in as far as that goes.

It's been WEEKS since I did anything custom-related for me, so I decided (since I've been thinking about Angel's projects that I will sew for him) to try to sculpt my ugly Mego into a Dr. Galen. And you know what? It was HARD (especially his nose) because it's so frickin' tiny!

This is what I started with:
DrGalen001.jpg

This is how he progressed:
DrGalen004.jpg

DrGalen005.jpg

And he's now "curing" since I worked Apoxie on him. I tried sculpey baking clay, but I was too lazy to go downstairs and toast him up in the toaster oven (besides, my Apoxie was upstairs!!).

Hope he looks really menacing when I am done painting him up. I'm also going to "hair" up his arms like Angel has done.
DrGalen006.jpg

Great Job Jessica. Wow the transformation is great. You are very talented!

Hi everyone.
Just letting you know that you haven't lost me completely. Been rough as you might imagine. Trying to delve into the hobby and even add to my collection, but the mind wanders more frequently than usual nad my ptience wanes. Sooo much I want to accomplish but the simplest memory knocks me off track.
I went back and was reading thru some of the "old" posts late last night on this thread. Can't believe that the "core" group got up to a little over 2000 posts and then in the last year we've exploded with another 9000. This thread is like my internet child and that was its growth spurt.
Jess, thanks for the support and kind thoughts. It was a nice surprise to receive and it truly warmed my heart.
Thanks to the rest of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I may not be here as frequently, but I am here.

We're always with you General!

This is what I posted in the yahoo group.

Where to start... Remember,the Imaginasian is screening the two films
in 35mm at 7, and Zanuck's receiving an award across the street in a
nightclub at 6:45... I get to Imaginasian early and see the last 45
mins of Omegaman, and they say anyone who saw Omegaman can go to the
club and see Linda accept the award for Zanuck for free (Admission for
that event was $15, remember.) Well Linda is there at 7, she doesn't go
into the velvet rope area, she's just hanging out there. Other awards
are also handed out, open bar & food, Linda doesn't get introduced
until 8. (After a film clip homage to Heston, which plays the final
scene spoiler to apes, go figure) She looks great in a black form
fitting dress, and she's prepared a nice tribute to both Heston &
Zanuck, but the audience is restless because of everything running
late, at one point the mediator interrupts her, and says he wanted to
hear what it was like working with Heston, as opposed to the story she
was in the middle of, and then some moron plays some music to rush her
off the stage. The mediator tells her to continue, but he does cut her
short, then he introduces Buck Kartalian, who is funny, but they're
rushing him off the stage. Buck tells him to hold on, he has another
anecdote to tell. They finish up, then we are told we have our choice
to stay and watch the blu ray there, or go across the street and see
both in 35mm, introduced by Linda & Ted Post. I rush across the street,
Planet started at 7 instead of waiting like we were told would happen.
There were only a handful of people there, the print was dark & washed
out, only eight people stayed for Beneath, the print I'm assuming was
the same as last year's, only it was dark & not as sharp...and no into
in between by Harrison... I don't think she introduced the films at 7 ,
unless she did it really quickly and rushed over to the club, maybe
someone else can fill you in as far as that goes.

Sometimes timed schedules really blow an event. That's too bad that she was cut off and the staff seemed rushed and frazzled about what to do next. Too bad you didn't get a chance to peek in on the Blu-Ray version, and check its clarity.

Sometimes timed schedules really blow an event. That's too bad that she was cut off and the staff seemed rushed and frazzled about what to do next. Too bad you didn't get a chance to peek in on the Blu-Ray version, and check its clarity.

Strange, that's what someone in the yahoo group said, but for some reason I really had no interest in seeing the blu-ray there. What they were projecting was smaller than what is in the Best Buy demo room...

I don't want it to sound like I didn't have a good time, I just think they were a little disrespectful to Linda. During Buck's words she said "He talks more than I do" like she had done something wrong by trying to give an extended tribute rather than just a couple of off the cuff remarks. And I would have liked to have seen Planet from the beginning, other than walking in on "You cut up his brain..."

Back